Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

You all will love this

You all will love this

Terrifying video of some Goldwing Trikes on Deals Gap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Adr0W...eature=related

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: You all will love this

terrifying is right. makes me not want to head down next month. funny thing is you know they're all proud of their riding.

Double yellow lines only apply to vehicles with an even number of wheels.

2003 ZX7R
    1995 916

I was very surprised that they didn't run head on into someone going the other way.

Sam

That is so ridiculous ... Perhaps his goal was to stay in the road - if that's the case he mostly succeeded...

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Hawk Is Respectable Now WordTooYoMamma's Avatar
    Wirelessly posted (Tilt)

I got through 3 minutes of the video and couldn't watch any more. Once the Guy started laughing at his friend weaving over the yellow lines on his 3/4 of a convertable I was done. I am pretty sure me and my 4runner would corner better than either of those jackasses...

Equal opportnity offender Lxpony's Avatar

Lol @ 7:37

I can not believe that being riders themselves, they can consciously let themselves get away with that for 10 miles.

Goodbye wife, hello bike! Father Ribs's Avatar

As long as the front wheel stays right of the line, it counts?

The other thread I could find common ground with, but this is crossing the line!

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Another great reason to NOT ride the "dragon".

Terrible music.

Lifer

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....ostcount=11779
    Quote Originally Posted by IheartmyNx View Post
    I swear, I'd love to know the source of all the animosity of lane positioning and yes, even LOC.

I pay for BOTH sides of that mother fucker. Don't give A SHIT about PAINT! At least I THINK I live in a free country, and I do NOT see why I feel like I'm not entitled to use a portion of the fucking road I pay for, or have to ASK some dumb asses opinion on if I can even use it or not in the absence of an on-comer?

You go on with your fight. :thumb

Get his tag #, track him down and chastise THE FUCK out of him for his choice of side of PAINT(!) he chose to ride on.

because.....it's 'merica.

Wow...
    At least the music was appropriate - the lady in the middle one singing "God help me" and the almost last one singing "I shouldn't be doin' this"

2008 Fisher-Price Kawi 12VDC
    Exide hi-performance battery
    Frost-King duct tape reinforced steering damper
    Topps "Garbage Pail Kids" custom graphics

Lifer

I pay for BOTH sides of that mother fucker!

Anyone offended if I 'sig' that?!?

Last edited by nhbubba; 06-16-12 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evadd View Post
    terrifying is right. makes me not want to head down next month. funny thing is you know they're all proud of their riding.
    If you see a bunch of guys with vests that say GWRRA FL1-V when you are there give them a wide berth. The dragon is one of those things that i think I want to do, but seeing this kind of thing makes me wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvDog View Post
    Double yellow lines only apply to vehicles with an even number of wheels.
    Good to know. I'm gonna start carrying an extra wheel in my saddle bag. That way all you bitches gotta get outta my way.

Quote Originally Posted by gadget View Post
    I was very surprised that they didn't run head on into someone going the other way.
    Amazing. Toss a coin in the air 18 times and every time it comes up heads. While they were lucky, the more amazing thing is that they don't seem to have hurt anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by cbr_chick_nh View Post
    That is so ridiculous ... Perhaps his goal was to stay in the road - if that's the case he mostly succeeded...
    Mostly being the key term. At some points they were across the entire oncoming lane with parts on there shoulder, outside of the oncoming lane. That doesn't include leaning. It's completely terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by WordTooYoMamma View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Tilt)
    I got through 3 minutes of the video and couldn't watch any more. Once the Guy started laughing at his friend weaving over the yellow lines on his 3/4 of a convertable I was done. I am pretty sure me and my 4runner would corner better than either of those jackasses...
    Yea, my first time though I didn't finish it either. My morbid sense of curiosity caused me to see if they survived.

Quote Originally Posted by Lxpony View Post
    Lol @ 7:37
    While I appreciate that you did, there wasn't any part that i could actually LOL at

Quote Originally Posted by 01xj View Post
    I can not believe that being riders themselves, they can consciously let themselves get away with that for 10 miles.
    I'm not actually sure they qualify as riders.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Ribs View Post
    As long as the front wheel stays right of the line, it counts?
    I'm not sure that the front wheel was even inside the opposite white line in a couple cases. Ohhh, and counts as what when you're driving a Volkswagen?

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    The other thread I could find common ground with, but this is crossing the line!
    I could at least understand the argument in the other thread. This... nothing justifies.

Quote Originally Posted by yasure View Post
    Another great reason to NOT ride the "dragon".
    Yea, as mentioned it's something I think I want to do, bit this makes me question that.

Last edited by jasnmar; 06-16-12 at 10:30 PM.

Lifer

Absolutely everything about that video made me cringe. The music was miserable, even if you like country I still don't see how it fits the video, the riding was obviously silly, and am I the only one who thinks trikes are some of the ugliest vehicles on the road? I'm just not sure you can build one that looks beautiful, its like trying to break a rule of nature or something.

Love around 7:00, "Ain't nuthin like this in flurida". You guys have to cut him some slack, hes just used to driving in straight lines all day.

nedirtriders.com

Quote Originally Posted by jwm2k3 View Post
    Terrible music.
    They're Goldwing guys. What do you expect
    So the fact that we get to chose which side of the paint we ride on is now a right? What amendment covers that?
    Quote Originally Posted by 01xj View Post
    because.....it's 'merica.
    I paid for some of those jet fighters and tanks too. Ima go drive those today!
    Quote Originally Posted by Svenny View Post
    Wow...
    At least the music was appropriate - the lady in the middle one singing "God help me" and the almost last one singing "I shouldn't be doin' this"
    I suspect that level of subtlety is lost on them. They are too busy congratulating them selves on the speed of their run.
    Quote Originally Posted by aldend123 View Post
    Absolutely everything about that video made me cringe. The music was miserable, even if you like country I still don't see how it fits the video, the riding was obviously silly, and am I the only one who thinks trikes are some of the ugliest vehicles on the road? I'm just not sure you can build one that looks beautiful, its like trying to break a rule of nature or something.

Love around 7:00, "Ain't nuthin like this in flurida". You guys have to cut him some slack, hes just used to driving in straight lines all day.
    I don't think the music was selected. I think it is what was actually playing on the camera guys bike at the time.
    Goldwings, from the back, aren't exactly pretty. Triking them makes them about 1000% worse.
    Even the guy doing the filming seems to be riding poorly. I've not been to the gap, so don't have personal experience there, but it doesn't seem like he's running at "scraping" speeds in many of the cases where he's scraping. Don't get me wrong... I do plenty of scraping, but I'm pretty sure he has no idea what he's doing.

That literally just plain made me angry. If I passed someone riding like that on the road, If I was able to live thru it. I would be hard presed not to follow them till they stopped and friggin rip into them. I probably would have pulled up to them when they stopped and pulled there key out of the ignition and tossed it off the bridge at the end.

"You don’t need to tell me the horror story about your uncle’s buddy who wiped out his chopper while drag racing at some hooligan rally. That just makes me wish I were talking to your uncle’s buddy instead of you. He sounds pretty cool."

Originally Posted by JalopySiR
    BWAHAHAHAHAHA!! This time I was laughing at you. Sorry.