Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NO New Bike.....

Thumbs down NO New Bike.....

The ST will not be on my riding list of bike now and may never make it...

After a week of waiting for the certificate of Origin to be sent from England I told Performance Cycles I was done waiting... This was also after a week & 1/2 after I ordered it..

I could have been riding an 06 model for over a week already. I talked with another dealer in Greenfield that had two 06's and the paper work to move them last week... So after work I went to Performance and asked for my deposit back. Only person there was the owners daughter and she was concerned. After asking me why, she appologized, explained it was not their fault and it's just the way things work with new Triumph deliveries. She said it's normal for them not to get the bike title/cert for up to a week after the bike is delivered. I don't believe it, but Don't really care at this point. She told me she was going to credit me and disapeared. She shortly returned and talked with me again trying to convince me to wait and asked if I would still buy it if she went out to the mailbox and found that they did receive the cert just that day. I in turn said no, it's too late. I am already discouraged and just not interested any longer.. She then went and took care of my refund and I left. I did not get nasty I was very calm, but I am pretty damn sure she could see in my eyes how pissed I was. When she left the first time to get my refund she went into the next office and called her father ( The Owner ) when I thought she was in route to give me my refund.. Not surprised really but wasting my time trying to save a sale.

Not long after I left the owner placed a follow up call to me and left a voice mail asking what he could do in order to satisfy me purchasing the bike. He also said just as I left Jennifer (Daughter) checked the mail and low and behold the Cert was there.... Funny too because I saw her outside getting the mail as I was pulling out of the driveway and kind of saw a look of discuss when whe held up a large white envelope and shook her head...

I was thinking of telling him this was the last oppertunity to have me take the Sprint but he has to make me the offer. One shot deal makes or breaks my decision. They want MSRP which is $11,800, & there would be no other charges for delivery or set up. Now I wonder what he might do in order to get me to take it????

I am kind of discouraged enough now to say fuck it all, I'll wait till late fall or even winter and pick up something left over & a lot cheeper. I am even thinking I will not be as happy with the ST as I thought I might be? I am now thinking I can buy a new 1000RR or R1 and I can easily enough throw soft bags over the tail if I really want to do a weekend trip. I would miss the handling of a full on sport bike, I can wait and save the Sport touring bike for when I'm really old...

So Fuck it, bring on the Liter sport bikes... Maybe I'll wait to see what the 2006 models will be? This way I can also have lots of time to save up and pay the new toy off in cash hopefully....

Now no offence, but I feel like a woman changing my mind so drasticly over which bike to get all of a sudden, is this normal???

What are your thoughts on the situation with the ST, was I too impatient?
    Normally when I buy something I want it right the fuck now, I don't like waiting for it.. Also this time waiting made me think of the way I ride and what style bike I really enjoy riding on. I just might have to spend a few extra $ to make an R1 or 1KRR more back and wrist friendly.. Those two bikes are really holding my attension span right now... Ih boy I am really confusing myself lately on what I really want for a bike.... Has anyone had this much confliction over what bike you would truely be happy with???? I need some serious professional help....

The 2006 Sprint ST is available for anyone to go buy first thing tomorrow morning. Dont hesitate because I am sure it will sell.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

NO New Bike.....

If you're bored enough, read through this. http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/...hlight=Brutale
    I changed my mind quite a few times within that thread before I finally decided on a bike, and I still wonder about the other bikes each day. Just last week I was trying to figure out how I could make trading in my bike for a leftover MV Agusta Brutale work in my favor.

I think you're a lot like me in that as soon as you have something, you want something else, but you had the luxury of not having taken delivery of the bike yet so all you had to do was get your deposit back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kham View Post
    you seem to be related to nikon. so fuckyou too! go suck a cock./1
    2012 R1200GS Rallye

Me? Sarchastic?? Nooooo!! FazerChic's Avatar

Re: NO New Bike.....

Originally posted by Half Squid
    Now no offence, but I feel like a woman changing my mind so drasticly over which bike to get all of a sudden, is this normal???
    Hey!! I resemble that remark!

Maybe this was a good thing though...it made you wait and think about the right bike for you. Sounds like this isn't it right now.

My shit:

2004 Yamaha FZ6 (Naked....mmmmmmm) (FOR SALE!!!! CONTACT ME FOR INFO!)
    2004 Mini Cooper - Deal's Gap tested and approved

Guys on sportbikes are so hot....until they take their helmet off. Just leave the damn thing on already!

Beware the counterfeit Mini!

NO New Bike.....

Wanna good deal on an 05 10R??

2001 Silver ZX-12R... RIP
    2005 KDX 200

NO New Bike.....

Get a used Rex in the meantime. You can find one in mint shape for around 4k.....

THEN you'll have all the time, comfort and horsepower you need to make a wise decision on your next bike!

Trust me, you won't regret it....

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Re: NO New Bike.....

Originally posted by Half Squid
    : I am now thinking I can buy a new 1000RR or R1 and I can easily enough throw soft bags over the tail if I really want to do a weekend trip. I would miss the handling of a full on sport bike, I can wait and save the Sport touring bike for when I'm really old...

So Fuck it, bring on the Liter sport bikes...

Now your using your head. Sportbikes can handle double duty. As long as the lil' lady doesn't want to come.

'95 ZX7/9
    '02 XR650R
    '78 KZ1000

NO New Bike.....

FJR1300 is the way to go.

140HP, bags, comfortable, FAST....

Putting his hands in the air, like he just doesn't care.
    Check out my eBay store!
    Dave - Motorace - Michelin

NO New Bike.....

I've been seeing more and more of them. They are nice and with a great heritage.

'95 ZX7/9
    '02 XR650R
    '78 KZ1000

NO New Bike.....

But this is even a less expensive option with mple leftover for touring accesories. I really like this thing.

http://www.kawasaki.com/product_deta...tag=motorcycle

'95 ZX7/9
    '02 XR650R
    '78 KZ1000

NO New Bike.....

Let me say you got lucky you got out of that deal so easily. You are the typical impulse buyer (as am I), yeah you did a little looking around but since you ordered it you have been second guessing yourself. Why not just finish this year out with what you have and then decide if you; A) Need a second bike (which we all would love to have) and/or B) sell the RC and get the 10r/R1/1krr, whichever flavor you decide. Yes two bikes would be awesome but can you use them both enough.

Just my quick 2 cents

Jamie

NO New Bike.....

Yamaha Fz1 good compromise of both sport and touring in one package. I think it's about $8599.

NO New Bike.....

Originally posted by bbhzx10
    Wanna good deal on an 05 10R??

I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO New Bike.....

I know how it feels to have a deposit, your mind, heart, and hopes set on a bike, have the dealership mess up, and walk out with your deposit. It really sucks

NO New Bike.....

Looks like you'll make out better in the end (not now) because you have been questioning it

NO New Bike.....

who says you can only have one bike?

I will say this though granted the st is a bit different than the rs that I have but for street riding I don't think you will ever out ride that 1050 sprint st . It might not be the best thing for a track day but perfect for street riding, tight twistie or wide open.

I'm not partial to any brand but for longer days that include twistie roads a sport tourer is the way to go.

Hell, I have seen knuckle dragging in a corner by a guy on a honda gold wing.

I have actually been toying with the idea of an fjr1300 as my next bike call me old.

12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650
    09 Yamaha WR450F (street legal)

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    08 Yamaha WR250F(street legal )
    09 KLR650

Littering and........

NO New Bike.....

Originally posted by TheIglu
    Get a used Rex in the meantime. You can find one in mint shape for around 4k.....

THEN you'll have all the time, comfort and horsepower you need to make a wise decision on your next bike!

Trust me, you won't regret it....
    Clayton, if a one armed midget posted on this site asking what the best bike for dual sport riding, you would tell them to get a ZRex, wouldn't you?

NO New Bike.....

Since when do you want advice on a dual-sport?

Have ya RIDDEN a Rex? Nearly perfect execution of a all-around motorcycle.....

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

NO New Bike.....

sorry to hear it didn't work out.

I was just at PC and saw it outside the other day (thought maybe it was waiting for you to pick up)

I'm the same way when i buy something i want it right away (always hard to wait)

the 06 ZX10 is suppose to have some changes made to it

Good Luck

NO New Bike.....

Sorry it didnt work out, maybe check with the Trumpet dealer in Salem, MA.

If you're really passionate about the ST, I'd look around more or maybe just use the whole experience you had to haggle some freebies from the dealer you went to.

If you're looking for other bikes...I always wondered in an SV1000S with a nice seat, Givi hard bags & helibars would make a good sport tourer. I can't see why not. If it could be had at 60% of what it would cost to get the ST, but did 90% of the job, maybe it's worth checking out?

Andrew
    03 Suzuki SV650

NO New Bike.....

Waiting for shit sucks and I get pissed off as well. However in the many bikes I've had to wait for to come in, the titles are usually a week or so late. The KTM was 3 weeks late!!! Lucky the RI DMV laws are not the same as Mass and I'm allowed to use any valid MC plate as a temparary for 20 days, or the dealer can give you a 20 day paper temparary plate

Want a nice clean used Red 04 R1, 8k miles?

Yamaha

I Dance With Will

NO New Bike.....

Originally posted by theothersean

Hell, I have seen knuckle dragging in a corner by a guy on a honda gold wing.

but he didn't get back up right away. right?

"fuckit!"

....................... PinHead's Avatar

NO New Bike.....

What are your thoughts on the situation with the ST, was I too impatient?
    You sound like a winny little bitch who changed his mind on a bike choice. Save the drama for your mama!
    If you really wanted the bike you would have waited. They want to get rid of the bike and missing documents holds their income up too.

2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2003 Harley Softail Deuce

NO New Bike.....

Originally posted by PinHead
    You sound like a winny little bitch who changed his mind on a bike choice. Save the drama for your mama!
    If you really wanted the bike you would have waited. They want to get rid of the bike and missing documents holds their income up too.
    What was your point?? huh? What I can't hear you???Kahk.......

I think things worked out this way for a reason. No I was not 100% sure I would of been happy with it. I first thought I would have been. Waiting gave me too much time to think and wonder about the whole thing.. If they had everything last Friday I would have already had it home and would probably enjoyed riding it very much. Or not.. Fuck it.. I'll save a whole bunch of lute up and keep an ear pealed for the 06 models or a smokin deal on a left over liter bike...

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

Me? Sarchastic?? Nooooo!! FazerChic's Avatar

NO New Bike.....

Just get an Aprilia. You'll score big points by chic's just for owning one. Oh wait, scratch that. Most chics don't know jack about bikes.

My shit:

2004 Yamaha FZ6 (Naked....mmmmmmm) (FOR SALE!!!! CONTACT ME FOR INFO!)
    2004 Mini Cooper - Deal's Gap tested and approved

Guys on sportbikes are so hot....until they take their helmet off. Just leave the damn thing on already!

Beware the counterfeit Mini!

Lifer

NO New Bike.....

Get a Ducati then, everyone seems to like those, no matter how little they know about bikes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast