Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Must Love those NH State Troopers

Lifer

Originally posted by NinjaSwan
    Very true!! Even if he misspelled anything in the ticket, you can use that against him.
    ever tried that, because it doesn't work? I was given a ticket for 60 in a 40 that I did not do. Asked the officer if there was any way he could mistake a 40 for a 60 or a 60 for a 40, he said "There is no chance". I pointed out that he marked my address as 347 Winding Pond Road instead of 367 Winding pond Road, and also that he mispelled my name and had some other numerical mistake on the ticket. What's the verdict? Guilty. On top of that I also submitted a letter of discovery for the officers onboard video that they did not supply to the court date, because I went to the police station and viewed the tape which showed me doing nothing wrong. Did the judge care that the tape was not supplied or presented? nope. Guilty. The officers flat out lied on the stand, then followed me out of the court room to rub it in my face, then his adice? File an apeal. You should see how much time and money it costs to file that in NH. My point? Don't fool yourself with the way things should be, because that's not the way they will likely work.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

Only holds water in the judges eye.

"Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them"

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

thats why you gotta get your shit together now. dont wait until the last minute start working on proving your innocence immediatly. maybe if Jay had a copy of said video it would have worked out differently. did he lose sight of you? why did it take so long to pull you over? how do you "drive recklessly" without speeding? its hard to wheelie AND not be speeding at the same time. (some can do it but im guessing you arent one of them) DENY DENY DENY!!! ALWAYS!! " it wasnt me" "you may be mistaken" and always remain annonymous... let the LEO forget you 5 min after you leave. the more "memorable" you are the more details he will remember about you and the situation.

get the book...

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Just Registered

Originally posted by NinjaSwan
    Very true!! Even if he misspelled anything in the ticket, you can use that against him.
    unfortunately - so not true, just ask my uncle who had to go to court to defend a speeding ticket for his trailer.

Originally posted by somestrangeguy
    unfortunately - so not true, just ask my uncle who had to go to court to defend a speeding ticket for his trailer.
    What's his number? I'll call him tonight around quarter to eight.

Support the Troops! (Except for Mondo, that guy's a dick)
    -----------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by hessogood
    ever tried that, because it doesn't work? I was given a ticket for 60 in a 40 that I did not do. Asked the officer if there was any way he could mistake a 40 for a 60 or a 60 for a 40, he said "There is no chance". I pointed out that he marked my address as 347 Winding Pond Road instead of 367 Winding pond Road, and also that he mispelled my name and had some other numerical mistake on the ticket. What's the verdict? Guilty. On top of that I also submitted a letter of discovery for the officers onboard video that they did not supply to the court date, because I went to the police station and viewed the tape which showed me doing nothing wrong. Did the judge care that the tape was not supplied or presented? nope. Guilty. The officers flat out lied on the stand, then followed me out of the court room to rub it in my face, then his adice? File an apeal. You should see how much time and money it costs to file that in NH. My point? Don't fool yourself with the way things should be, because that's not the way they will likely work.
    that's really great to hear! so encouraging! makes me want to hire a lawyer just to beat these fukkers at their own game (and it is a game). maybe a lawyer could have demanded the video?

Lifer

Originally posted by sanfelice
    that's really great to hear! so encouraging! makes me want to hire a lawyer just to beat these fukkers at their own game (and it is a game). maybe a lawyer could have demanded the video?
    just the presence of a lawyer will work wonders. because they have to be acknowledged and can file complaints if they're not. You gonna shell out a minimum of $1000 to try to make your point?

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

Your screwed.

Just go and be NICE! Yes your honor to the judge, No Officer to the cop.

I have gotten out of many things by showing remorse and regret WITHOUT admitting wrong doing.

You got an MSF card? When was your last ticket or violation?

Hopefully you have had no violations, and can show you are responsiable.

As far as the cop "running people off the road". (Not saying you did anything wrong here, I was not there). If you see blues or (reds) behind you, EVERYONE, cars included, is supposed to slow and pull to the right, yeilding the right of way to the emergency vehicle.

Again I was not there and don't know what went down but I have pulled over and had time to shut the bike off and take off my helmet and gloves and remain seated on the bike with my hands in plain site, long before the cop even stopped behind me.

(they are MUCH nicer then)

Just my $250.00

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

just the presence of a lawyer will work wonders. because they have to be acknowledged and can file complaints if they're not. You gonna shell out a minimum of $1000 to try to make your point?
    not quite $1000 for a speeding ticket but probably close depending on how much work the lawyer has to do.

if you add up the points to your license, do you know how much you are paying for the six years the surcharge lasts?

Lifer

Reckless driving is not a speeding ticket. If you bring in a lawyer he will likely walk up to the DA, say, will you reduce this to excessive speed, then you'll plead guilty, not lose your licence for 30 days and still get surcharged dependent on the points system. The actual numbers for the offenses slip my mind at the moment.

are you saying reckless driving is not a moving violation? correct me if I am wrong, but I thought all moving violations were subject to the points system.

Lifer

reckless operation is a moving violation. it is in a seperate class from speeding. It dictates a specific number of points and mandatory loss of license. it is also a more severe charge, so will cost more for a lawyer in comparison to a speeding ticket. I don't remember if it can be escolated to a criminal offense instead of civil. i think they might have to charge reckless conduct for that.

well, in that case, even more reason for a skilled attorney, no?

Lifer

I think we're going in circles here.

I Dance With Will

Reckless driving is not a speeding ticket. If you bring in a lawyer he will likely walk up to the DA, say, will you reduce this to excessive speed, then you'll plead guilty, not lose your licence for 30 days and still get surcharged dependent on the points system. The actual numbers for the offenses slip my mind at the moment.
    DA? wouldn't you have to deal the cop himself? it depends on how stuborn the cop is. He may just say "NO!" then turn his back on your lawyer.

good luck!

"fuckit!"

Lifer

Originally posted by Kham
    DA? wouldn't you have to deal the cop himself? it depends on how stuborn the cop is. He may just say "NO!" then turn his back on your lawyer.

good luck!
    The cop is not a lawyer and does not prosecute, the DA is legal represention for the officer.

so in short. no.

I Dance With Will

I know the DA is district attorney who represents people. I guess this isn't the same as speeding case?

"fuckit!"

Andrew
    03 Suzuki SV650

Just Registered

Originally posted by ChrisNoF4i
    What's his number? I'll call him tonight around quarter to eight.
    617-848-1172 , he should be around all day today if it's more convenient for you? plus weekend rates and all - might cost ya less.

Ask for Jerry (or Uncle Jerry if you want to patrionize him).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12