Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 44 of 44

Must Love those NH State Troopers

  1. #26
    Lifer
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Ma
    Posts
    10,827

    Must Love those NH State Troopers


    Originally posted by NinjaSwan
    Very true!! Even if he misspelled anything in the ticket, you can use that against him.
    ever tried that, because it doesn't work? I was given a ticket for 60 in a 40 that I did not do. Asked the officer if there was any way he could mistake a 40 for a 60 or a 60 for a 40, he said "There is no chance". I pointed out that he marked my address as 347 Winding Pond Road instead of 367 Winding pond Road, and also that he mispelled my name and had some other numerical mistake on the ticket. What's the verdict? Guilty. On top of that I also submitted a letter of discovery for the officers onboard video that they did not supply to the court date, because I went to the police station and viewed the tape which showed me doing nothing wrong. Did the judge care that the tape was not supplied or presented? nope. Guilty. The officers flat out lied on the stand, then followed me out of the court room to rub it in my face, then his adice? File an apeal. You should see how much time and money it costs to file that in NH. My point? Don't fool yourself with the way things should be, because that's not the way they will likely work.

    0 Not allowed!
    It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

  2. #27
    04 Ninja ZX-6R NinjaSwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Southern NH
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,344

    Must Love those NH State Troopers

    Only holds water in the judges eye.

    0 Not allowed!


    "Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them"

  3. #28
    First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Farmington
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,309

    Must Love those NH State Troopers

    thats why you gotta get your shit together now. dont wait until the last minute start working on proving your innocence immediatly. maybe if Jay had a copy of said video it would have worked out differently. did he lose sight of you? why did it take so long to pull you over? how do you "drive recklessly" without speeding? its hard to wheelie AND not be speeding at the same time. (some can do it but im guessing you arent one of them) DENY DENY DENY!!! ALWAYS!! " it wasnt me" "you may be mistaken" and always remain annonymous... let the LEO forget you 5 min after you leave. the more "memorable" you are the more details he will remember about you and the situation.



    get the book...

    0 Not allowed!
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 KTM 690SM /03 KTM 300EXC
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

  4. #29
    Just Registered
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Is it not obvious?
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,249

    Must Love those NH State Troopers

    Originally posted by NinjaSwan
    Very true!! Even if he misspelled anything in the ticket, you can use that against him.
    unfortunately - so not true, just ask my uncle who had to go to court to defend a speeding ticket for his trailer.

    0 Not allowed!

  5. #30
    Just Registered ChrisNoF4i's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    SoFla
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,320

    Must Love those NH State Troopers

    Originally posted by somestrangeguy
    unfortunately - so not true, just ask my uncle who had to go to court to defend a speeding ticket for his trailer.
    What's his number? I'll call him tonight around quarter to eight.

    0 Not allowed!
    Support the Troops! (Except for Mondo, that guy's a dick)
    -----------------------------------------------------

  6. #31

    Must Love those NH State Troopers

    Originally posted by hessogood
    ever tried that, because it doesn't work? I was given a ticket for 60 in a 40 that I did not do. Asked the officer if there was any way he could mistake a 40 for a 60 or a 60 for a 40, he said "There is no chance". I pointed out that he marked my address as 347 Winding Pond Road instead of 367 Winding pond Road, and also that he mispelled my name and had some other numerical mistake on the ticket. What's the verdict? Guilty. On top of that I also submitted a letter of discovery for the officers onboard video that they did not supply to the court date, because I went to the police station and viewed the tape which showed me doing nothing wrong. Did the judge care that the tape was not supplied or presented? nope. Guilty. The officers flat out lied on the stand, then followed me out of the court room to rub it in my face, then his adice? File an apeal. You should see how much time and money it costs to file that in NH. My point? Don't fool yourself with the way things should be, because that's not the way they will likely work.
    that's really great to hear! so encouraging! makes me want to hire a lawyer just to beat these fukkers at their own game (and it is a game). maybe a lawyer could have demanded the video?

    0 Not allowed!

  7. #32
    Lifer
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Ma
    Posts
    10,827

    Must Love those NH State Troopers

    Originally posted by sanfelice
    that's really great to hear! so encouraging! makes me want to hire a lawyer just to beat these fukkers at their own game (and it is a game). maybe a lawyer could have demanded the video?
    just the presence of a lawyer will work wonders. because they have to be acknowledged and can file complaints if they're not. You gonna shell out a minimum of $1000 to try to make your point?

    0 Not allowed!
    It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

  8. #33
    Just Registered Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jericho, VT
    Posts
    19,619

    Must Love those NH State Troopers



    Your screwed.

    Just go and be NICE! Yes your honor to the judge, No Officer to the cop.

    I have gotten out of many things by showing remorse and regret WITHOUT admitting wrong doing.

    You got an MSF card? When was your last ticket or violation?

    Hopefully you have had no violations, and can show you are responsiable.

    As far as the cop "running people off the road". (Not saying you did anything wrong here, I was not there). If you see blues or (reds) behind you, EVERYONE, cars included, is supposed to slow and pull to the right, yeilding the right of way to the emergency vehicle.

    Again I was not there and don't know what went down but I have pulled over and had time to shut the bike off and take off my helmet and gloves and remain seated on the bike with my hands in plain site, long before the cop even stopped behind me.

    (they are MUCH nicer then)

    Just my $250.00

    0 Not allowed!
    "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

  9. #34

    Must Love those NH State Troopers

    Originally posted by hessogood
    just the presence of a lawyer will work wonders. because they have to be acknowledged and can file complaints if they're not. You gonna shell out a minimum of $1000 to try to make your point?
    not quite $1000 for a speeding ticket but probably close depending on how much work the lawyer has to do.

    if you add up the points to your license, do you know how much you are paying for the six years the surcharge lasts?

    0 Not allowed!

  10. #35
    Lifer
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Ma
    Posts
    10,827

    Must Love those NH State Troopers

    Reckless driving is not a speeding ticket. If you bring in a lawyer he will likely walk up to the DA, say, will you reduce this to excessive speed, then you'll plead guilty, not lose your licence for 30 days and still get surcharged dependent on the points system. The actual numbers for the offenses slip my mind at the moment.

    0 Not allowed!
    It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

  11. #36

    Must Love those NH State Troopers

    are you saying reckless driving is not a moving violation? correct me if I am wrong, but I thought all moving violations were subject to the points system.

    0 Not allowed!

  12. #37
    Lifer
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Ma
    Posts
    10,827

    Must Love those NH State Troopers

    reckless operation is a moving violation. it is in a seperate class from speeding. It dictates a specific number of points and mandatory loss of license. it is also a more severe charge, so will cost more for a lawyer in comparison to a speeding ticket. I don't remember if it can be escolated to a criminal offense instead of civil. i think they might have to charge reckless conduct for that.

    0 Not allowed!
    It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

  13. #38

    Must Love those NH State Troopers

    well, in that case, even more reason for a skilled attorney, no?

    0 Not allowed!

  14. #39
    Lifer
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Ma
    Posts
    10,827

    Must Love those NH State Troopers

    I think we're going in circles here.

    0 Not allowed!
    It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

  15. #40
    I Dance With Will
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    unknown
    Posts
    8,728

    Must Love those NH State Troopers

    Originally posted by hessogood
    Reckless driving is not a speeding ticket. If you bring in a lawyer he will likely walk up to the DA, say, will you reduce this to excessive speed, then you'll plead guilty, not lose your licence for 30 days and still get surcharged dependent on the points system. The actual numbers for the offenses slip my mind at the moment.
    DA? wouldn't you have to deal the cop himself? it depends on how stuborn the cop is. He may just say "NO!" then turn his back on your lawyer.

    good luck!

    0 Not allowed!
    "fuckit!"

  16. #41
    Lifer
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Ma
    Posts
    10,827

    Must Love those NH State Troopers

    Originally posted by Kham
    DA? wouldn't you have to deal the cop himself? it depends on how stuborn the cop is. He may just say "NO!" then turn his back on your lawyer.

    good luck!
    The cop is not a lawyer and does not prosecute, the DA is legal represention for the officer.

    so in short. no.

    0 Not allowed!
    It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

  17. #42
    I Dance With Will
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    unknown
    Posts
    8,728

    Must Love those NH State Troopers

    I know the DA is district attorney who represents people. I guess this isn't the same as speeding case?

    0 Not allowed!
    "fuckit!"

  18. #43
    Senior Member ancosta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    69
    Posts
    737

    Must Love those NH State Troopers


    0 Not allowed!
    Andrew
    03 Suzuki SV650

  19. #44
    Just Registered
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Is it not obvious?
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,249

    Must Love those NH State Troopers

    Originally posted by ChrisNoF4i
    What's his number? I'll call him tonight around quarter to eight.
    617-848-1172 , he should be around all day today if it's more convenient for you? plus weekend rates and all - might cost ya less.

    Ask for Jerry (or Uncle Jerry if you want to patrionize him).

    0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Troopers Can Arrest Illegal Immigrants
    By The Snowman in forum Controversial Topics
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 12-06-06, 02:58 PM
  2. first gay state
    By Kham in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 02-06-04, 08:31 AM
  3. A State Job in RI
    By SEVENSGT in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-19-03, 09:04 AM
  4. SUPER TROOPERS COMES OUT on Video Today!!!!
    By oreo_n2 in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-06-02, 11:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •