Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Got lucky again

Lifer

Got lucky again

I went riding both days this weekend... about 400 miles for the weekend.

Saturday I got a written warning for 52 in a 35 on 123 in Mason, NH. I think I am done with Mason. Not going back there again. I'll take 119 to 31 if I want to go out that way from now on.

Curious about this... I had just gone around the 15mph sharp corner in the center of Mason, going northbound. I was going down the big hill right after that, the cop came down the other side of the hill around the corner in a Ford Explorer and put his lights on. This is the 2nd time I've gotten a warning on my motorcycle in a place where the speed limit is so stupid that I would have been at least 5-10mph over even on a bicycle. Last year I got a warning about 3/4 of a mile down the road from here, right after exiting the big uphill right-hand sweeper that exits onto the long straight where you can see the mountains.

He told me he had radared me with his "moving radar". I'm curious about this... we were both going around a corner and we were both going down the steep sides of a valley. Could he have possibly gotten a valid radar reading in that situation?

He also seemed to realize I had gotten a warning from a Mason cop last year, even though it was just verbal, and I have changed my license to a MA license, am not riding the same bike, and have changed my address 2x. Guess they are not really verbal warnings.

Yesterday I went out to Western MA... good time but lots of traffic.

I have got to figure out how to get my V1 onto the bike now. It just doesn't seem like there is going to be any easy way to mount it. No room behind the windscreen at all due to the design. There doesn't look to be enough free space on the handlebar to put a mount on, and it would be blocked by the fairing anyway. I was going to hang it down below the nose where the ram air openings are on most bikes, but my oil cooler is right there and I'm worried about heat. I also don't want to drill any of my plastic.

Ben

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Got lucky again

How about one of these:

http://www.stemstand.com

Got lucky again

I thought you said you got lucky.

Lifer

Got lucky again

Lucky I got a warning instead of a ticket...

Hey did you see that cop RevHappy's Avatar

Angry Alright I got to chime in here!

Ben why don't you post what routes you took out in western MA that way when some bone heads read your post they can go heat up that part of the state instead of the roads I travel on.

Do yourself a favor and do not post routes in your threads maybe the reason you keep getting close calls "verbal warnings" is that you post everywhere you go for everyone to see.

This has happen before and the majority ruled that its best for you to not place your Routes in your posts due to Leo's and Knuckle heads heating up all the good places to ride.

Yes, I know how is anyone going to learn of these good roads???? Go on a group ride. The very Rt. you posted about is infested with cops now and for good reason people keep posting on it.

If your going to speed expect in do time your going to pay the piper, your not doing anyone a favor by posting you almost got a ticket I can tell you the rt. you keep posting on the whole thing is a walking speed trap there for no single town needs to be singled out.

I'm done ranting now but please post so really twisty roads out in western MA far, far, far away from where I live and the roads I travel!

RevHappy's Website

2004 Titan Custom 1750cc
    2004 Honda Recon ES
    2003 Yamaha YZF R6
    4 Sale 6,500
    2001 KawasakiKDX 200

"I'll tell you what I tell my girl...Even a broken clock is right twice a day"

....................... PinHead's Avatar

Got lucky again

Thanks Rev !

2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2003 Harley Softail Deuce

Got lucky again

I got written warning from female LEO on MPD last year.

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Got lucky again

Is there a "toothy" smily here somewhere?

In my best lip up, teeth showing face... huh huh why would i wanna do that.. huh huh (place toothy smily here)

Yamaha

Got lucky again

Ahhhh haha

RevHappy's Website

2004 Titan Custom 1750cc
    2004 Honda Recon ES
    2003 Yamaha YZF R6
    4 Sale 6,500
    2001 KawasakiKDX 200

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

Re: Alright I got to chime in here!

Originally posted by RevHappy
    Do yourself a favor and do not post routes in your threads maybe the reason you keep getting close calls "verbal warnings" is that you post everywhere you go for everyone to see.

This has happen before and the majority ruled that its best for you to not place your Routes in your posts due to Leo's and Knuckle heads heating up all the good places to ride.

Geez, I feel bad. I always thought this "rule" was a joke and posted my favorite routes without a second thought. Sorry about that. That said, I mostly ride in NH and have never seen LEOs stalking prey on obscure back roads. Hardly see any sport bikes out on the best roads anyway. Most of the sport bikes I see are ridden poorly on major(boring) roads by idiots in shorts and sandals. Leos seem intent on running radar on long straights where it would be foolish (financially) to go fast. Almost never see LEOs on the twisty bits and when I do, they don't even bother to give chase.

Don't pay the piper, pay the lawyer if you get caught.

Lifer

Got lucky again

Doug... sorry if this is your neighborhood.

But it's ridiculous for you to complain about me posting a route when you put videos of yourself pulling 100+ mph wheelies online, sometimes in recognizable places.

The only way the police are really going to wake up and start policing this area heavily is if accidents start happening. People have been riding down that road for a long time, accidents have happened for a long time, nothing has changed.

Stoinky is right. I rode the whole day up there. This was the only police officer I saw. And if I saw 100 bikes, only 2 or 3 out of those were fellow sportbikers. The police are going to go camp out at the beach if they want to bust sportbikers. It's a waste of time to set up a speed trap in a place where 2-3 bikes go through once or twice a month.

Ben

Got lucky again

Ben watch the video again, it looks like any back road in MA, ME, NH or VT and I'm not saying "look at my 100mph wheelie on rt. blah blah blah" recognizable my ass unless you know of the area.
    Next time I'll post I'll do it in a city with lots of traffic around and post what Ave I'm on.

Ben I was riding those roads long time before you and your sv/vfr came along and unlike your opinion my opinion is that in fact there is more enforcement along these roads. Last time I went out on said road I passed 3-4 cops not setting "speed traps" but just traveling on the road. Do you thing the radar went off....yes....I don't care I don't ride on that road much often anyway and people like you remind me not to lead rides and not give out some of my favorite twistys....
    Thank you again!

RevHappy's Website

2004 Titan Custom 1750cc
    2004 Honda Recon ES
    2003 Yamaha YZF R6
    4 Sale 6,500
    2001 KawasakiKDX 200

Lifer

Got lucky again

Well I guess it just sucks to be you having to live in NH then with the horrible # of evil police.

The level of enforcement is still extremely low up there. At least 1/2 the miles I put on my SV were up there (remember I lived there for 3 years too), and I could almost count on one hand the # of times I saw police. I'd almost be willing to bet that some of the towns out there do not have local police departments.

I really don't need your help to find good roads, have fun playing cloak and dagger trying to keep public places secret. Whether or not you tell anyone about the roads, the biggest thing keeping people off them is how far out in the middle of nowhere they are. If you want to find them all you have to do is look at a map.

Ben

Got lucky again

Originally posted by benSV
    The level of enforcement is still extremely low up there. At least 1/2 the miles I put on my SV were up there (remember I lived there for 3 years too), and I could almost count on one hand the # of times I saw police
    HA! you have to live in NH for at least 5 years, have <17 original teeth and have the standard "NH native 13 evenly distributed fingers" to learn the double super secret NH handshake that'll get you access to the double super secret roads that no one from MA knows about. So there, sucks to be you!

Got lucky again

Originally posted by stoinkythepig
    HA! you have to live in NH for at least 5 years, have <17 original teeth and have the standard "NH native 13 evenly distributed fingers" to learn the double super secret NH handshake that'll get you access to the double super secret roads that no one from MA knows about. So there, sucks to be you!
    \

That's funny!

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

Got lucky again

Slow work day...

Got lucky again

Sorry Ben I'll be playing with girls while your playing with errr nevermind. My secret roads arent on a map! Cloaking out.....

RevHappy's Website

2004 Titan Custom 1750cc
    2004 Honda Recon ES
    2003 Yamaha YZF R6
    4 Sale 6,500
    2001 KawasakiKDX 200

....................... PinHead's Avatar

Got lucky again

Factoid #1
    It has been said many many times before in this fourm board to NOT post routes traveled !!!!
    There is no need for it, plus it makes good reason to make and go on more group rides to these un-named roads and keep them that way.

Factoid #2
    I have been on some of these un-named roads lead by some NH locals and had a blast ! These roads are there stomping grounds, all they ask is that you not make them known to the WORLD via internet so they stay sweet riding roads.

2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2003 Harley Softail Deuce

Got lucky again

Alright I got to chime in here!

Ben why don't you post what routes you took out in western MA that way when some bone heads read your post they can go heat up that part of the state instead of the roads I travel on.

And people think I am harsh online, hehe. I am sure he meant no harm.

14" Biceps. So what if I am weak...

Got lucky again

Saturday I got a written warning for 52 in a 35 on 123 in Mason, NH. I think I am done with Mason. Not going back there again. I'll take 119 to 31 if I want to go out that way from now on.
    I am going to ride 123, 119, and 31 at a fast pace this weekend, I will let you know how many cops there are J/K.

14" Biceps. So what if I am weak...