Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

MA EZ Pass

ain't nuttin wrong w/that scubasteveRR's Avatar

Re: MA EZ Pass

Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    Has anyone experienced problems using these on motorcycles?

Steve
    I left my at home and just buzzed through with out it. They will charge you by your plate number. (i've done this in Maine, NH and Mass)

I've never been charged more than the toll I went though over 9 years of doing this...

Don't try this in your car though... i think they give motorcyclists a break.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by scubasteveRR; 05-19-17 at 08:06 PM.

ain't nuttin wrong w/that scubasteveRR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MattR302 View Post
    Velcro it to the top of your helmet, gets it out of your line of sight and closest to the reader.
    ^^^^ hahahha or this

Quote Originally Posted by aldend123 View Post
    I thought some took pictures from the front as well. If from the rear only, then agreed no benefit.
    The cameras in the front are to get your front license plate and have nothing to do with your transponder. The transponder is detected and queried by a separate radio system. The square shaped panels pointing towards the ground are the antennas for it.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by ZX-12R View Post
    The cameras in the front are to get your front license plate and have nothing to do with your transponder. The transponder is detected and queried by a separate radio system. The square shaped panels pointing towards the ground are the antennas for it.
    I meant so you have ground to stand on should you get charged extra for not having a transponder. If it is visible from the front camera, then they have photo evidence you have a transponder.

nedirtriders.com

Quote Originally Posted by aldend123 View Post
    I meant so you have ground to stand on should you get charged extra for not having a transponder. If it is visible from the front camera, then they have photo evidence you have a transponder.
    Dont know about NH, but commuting out of Boston we go through tollbooths every day. In the few times we've gotten billed for something, we've always appealed by letter or call and they've always granted the appeal.

We have four transponders in MA -the max for one account - so we just opened an account in NH. We'll see how it goes. The system seems to work a lot better than it used to.

Quote Originally Posted by jasnmar View Post
    I will provide one warning about installing under fairings. I was once some damn where in NY (Poughkeepsie area, I don't remember exactly where) and there was a bridge that was EZ Pass, with a gate and all to get on the bridge. For whatever reason my EZ Pass didn't set it off. There was a toll worker there and he made me give him my EZ Pass, which he took inside and did something with (I have no idea what) then opened my gate and gave it back.

It's an edge case, but many Goldwing guys mount there's between layers of the trunk, and if mine had been there there's basically 40 minutes of work to get it out (and back in).
    I had an issue with one of the gated bridges in NY not reading my transponder. I just nudged forward and lifted it over me and off I went. I was half expecting a fine when I got home, but I never even got charged

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12