Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

mass roads

mass roads

so listen I haven't ben able to ride all that much this year. however i was out riding a little today and realized how horrible our roads are. I know some of you are somewhat smart lol but this is what i was thinking. If one of you could maybe start an online petition that we could take to the governor to revoke the excise tax for all motorcycle owners. I know it wouldn't happen and its a long shot but i live around the everett malden area and the roads around here are like the roads in iraq crater after crater. It isn't right that we are charged a tax to keep the roads in working order when they arent being kept in working order. I would do this myself and ask you all to participate however I'm not to tech savvy. Was just a thought let me know what you guys think.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Hawk Is Respectable Now WordTooYoMamma's Avatar
    Wirelessly posted (Tilt: HTC-8900/1.2 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) UP.Link/6.3.1.20.06.3.1.20.0)

there was a thread about roads not to long ago, just be glad your not in conneticutt or rhode island (cant remember which)

Re: mass roads

no sht huh i just started coming back on nesr like a month ago so i didnt catch it

Wirelessly posted (Tilt: HTC-8900/1.2 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) UP.Link/6.3.1.20.06.3.1.20.0)

didn't mean to come off like a douche haha

Common sense spoken here. toocrazy2yoo's Avatar

When I get up there with Mr. C-14 next weekend, I'm gonna be calculating a route that takes me WAY upstate NY, across Vt, N.H. and down to the North Shore. The roads are hideous in Ma., but in their defense, I did notice leaving back to the South three weeks back, they HAVE re-paved 128 from exit 17 through to 495. Nonetheless, I'll be headed North to ride New Hampshire and Vermont and Maine going forward. Heck, half of Massachusetts doesn't even have municipally-run ambulance or ALS support, (their original purpose), so I don't know WHY we expect them to maintain good roads (another original purpose).

first off word i didnt think you sounded like a douche and toocrazy while mass is repaving major highways the cities themselves are horrendous and why we expect them to maintain good roads is that they take our money it is their job if they arent going to do it then they shouldnt tax us

first off, have you ever tried using this key?

secondly, why would a state rep want to REMOVE a source of income?

and lastly the quality of the pavement on the track is pretty good

Last edited by breakdirt916; 08-01-09 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhavesh
    first off, have you ever tried using this key?

secondly, why would a state rep want to REMOVE a source of income?

and lastly the quality of the pavement on the track is pretty good
    bwhahahaha thre was this one time someone told me to use that little circle thingy and I was like why and she was like because you have to and I was like why does it matter and she was like run on sentences will make people post things that tell you to use periods and I was like ok

turning water into watts Woodsy's Avatar

First off, back roads suck because that is the town's job. Most towns are BROKE!! My father is the chair on the finance board for falmouth and as afluent as that town is we are also broke. The highways are only getting done because of the stimulus (do not get me started) and if you petition you will get shot down because now you are taking money away from teachers or some shit. I used to think this was the cost of doing business but since i have been in NY the roads here are like glass! none of this will change until devall douchebag is out of office and even then it is not likely. just have to wait for the economy to pick up and then go after the town to do it!

I'm sorry, I didn't realize this was English class. The Gov always cries about teachers and cops, I'm just sick of having money taken and it not being used properly.

Quote Originally Posted by zaltzy View Post
    I'm sorry, I didn't realize this was English class.
    how is this english class? did i correct your spelling?

Quote Originally Posted by zaltzy View Post
    toocrazy while mass is repaving major highways the cities themselves are horrendous and why we expect them to maintain good roads is that they take our money it is their job if they arent going to do it then they shouldnt tax us
    Well, no shit. But they do everything BUT the missions civil government was chartered to do anyway, a limited set of tasks. Pave the roads. Send the fire department, send a decent ambulance, send a cop, run the courts, defend the country.

Their original mission was NOT to support deadbeats, give deadbeats free food, health insurance and bail em out of their deadbeat mortgages. Their mission was NOT to write millions of laws, invite illegal citizens that hate America INTO America and hassle and tax producers and enrich lazy public servants that couldn't hold a job in private industry for 5 minutes. Professor Gates and Teddy Kennedy come to mind here amongst thousands of other deadbeat feeders-at-the-trough. They've gotten so involved in supporting their fellow deadbeats that they don't even do the original tasks that justified their original purpose. And along the way, they diss the cops, the military and every other institution that performs what we wanted to begin with. The roads are just a metaphor for how bad it sucks, and how little regard they really have for the little peeps.

I'll get off my pissed-off soapbox now.

Last edited by toocrazy2yoo; 08-01-09 at 07:19 PM.

Disclaimer: I am not a fan of the current mass government but i find a few things wrong with this

Quote Originally Posted by toocrazy2yoo View Post
    But they do everything BUT the missions civil government was chartered to do anyway, a limited set of tasks. Pave the roads. Send the fire department, send a decent ambulance, send a cop, run the courts, defend the country.
    The state roads are being paved, you can get an ambulance, the FD will come to your house and put out a fire, the cops will come to protect you, i know first hand that the courts are running in full swing, and again first hand i know the country is being defended even though this is not the states business.

Their original mission was NOT to support deadbeats, give deadbeats free food, health insurance and bail em out of their deadbeat mortgages.
    many are not deadbeats and i used to feel the same way as you until i became unemployed. does the system need to be overhauled, Yes! abolished? NO!

Their mission was NOT to write millions of laws
    millions, probably not but over time laws stack up. the charter of this country was founded on the states writing laws to regulate themselves so the do have a responsibility to do so

invite illegal citizens that hate America INTO America and hassle and tax producers and enrich lazy public servants that couldn't hold a job in private industry for 5 minutes. Professor Gates and Teddy Kennedy come to mind here amongst thousands of other deadbeat feeders-at-the-trough.
    Where is the invitation? Also Prof Gates is a professor at harvard. Harvard is a private institution and he is not on the state payroll. Teddy is on deaths door so i wouldn't worry about him for long. watch barney frank!

They've gotten so involved in supporting they're fellow deadbeats that they don't even do the original tasks that justified their original purpose. And along the way, they diss the cops, the military and every other institution that performs what we wanted to begin with. The roads are just a metaphor for how bad it sucks, and how little regard they really have for the little peeps.
    Things are still getting done it is just what they are dong on top of that. problem is everybody wants to change the world but when you try to provide a utopian society we inch closer to the marxist ideals. we need to focus on the basics (i think we are in agreement on this) and then scrutinize the BS to make sure we are not getting fucked.

o snap, I smell another degsy vs toocrazy, with woodsy and toocrazy...Ill solve this. Woodsy you bring the lobster and he'll bring the scotch

Considering that that just created N additional source of income by making scooters get registered and insured and presumably pay excise I doubt were gonna see any change. However if you want to start a petition for legalizing lane sharing(splitting), like they did in Cali., or better yet howbout a motorcycle only lane, I'll sign that petition.

Only leave for tomorrow that which you are willing to die having left undone... ~chinese fortune cookie~

2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE Silver
    2005 Suzuki SV1000S Red

On topic, 495 both north and south between Haverhill and NH is a fucking trainwreck, and has been for over a year. I feel like I'm honing my track skills playing dodge-the-giant-pothole every time I ride home from work.

Chris Q - 2007 R1
    Metalguitarist.org

Posting Freak

To make a long thread short here is the solution...ride in NH and Vt for fun but if your every day way of transportation means in MA is Motorcycle you are fucked. I just bent on of my truck rims on these fucked up roads and the well off town told me to take my claim to Revere and pound sand.

I Dance With Will

Quote Originally Posted by BigShel View Post
    To make a long thread short here is the solution...ride in NH and Vt for fun but if your every day way of transportation means in MA is Motorcycle you are fucked. I just bent on of my truck rims on these fucked up roads and the well off town told me to take my claim to Revere and pound sand.
    no kidding? poor rim. how bad?

"fuckit!"

It's amazing that the only 2 states (i think...correct me if i am wrong) that have excise tax (RI&MA) also have the worst roads in the country.....

it's also amazing how long it takes for them to re-pave roads AND how quickly the patch work they attempt falls apart...

Pay attention to the quality of roads and how quickly they re-pave them in other states and you'll shit yourself.... I know the climate here is rough on them but why doesn't CT, NH, VT, ME and NY have these types of problems? You can tell the moment you get leave or enter RI and MA by the condition of the roads...pathetic!

too much old good ole boy and corruption going on if you ask me...

Quote Originally Posted by DailyCommuter View Post
    Considering that that just created N additional source of income by making scooters get registered and insured and presumably pay excise I doubt were gonna see any change. However if you want to start a petition for legalizing lane sharing(splitting), like they did in Cali., or better yet howbout a motorcycle only lane, I'll sign that petition.
    i tried the lane splitting petition and it got shot down before i even got it to anyone important. I talked with the AMA and they have attempted this before in ma and the were not willing to go ahead with it at the time i brought it to them. it has been brought before the state once allready and it was shot down.

How many winters have you lived through up here? I can tell you it isn't the state's fault really, in the winter people will cry if the roads are icy and dangerous, well sand and salt = road corrosion. Steel plow blades = errosion of the pavement. It's a never ending cycle of destroying the roads just to fix them again.

I mean I hate potholes as much as the next guy, but try to look at it with a little common sense....

Quote Originally Posted by WordTooYoMamma View Post

o snap, I smell another degsy vs toocrazy, with woodsy and toocrazy...Ill solve this. Woodsy you bring the lobster and he'll bring the scotch
    i am not trying to shit on anyones christmas, just putting out my .02. I like toocrazy, i like debating with toocraazy. It is like me and JRO, we may not always (or ever) agree but the process sure is fun and at the end of the day it's all good. the only person on the forum i really cant stand is wordtoyomoms, or wordtoyamama or some shit like that. that dude is a douche

Quote Originally Posted by kb1ioq View Post
    How many winters have you lived through up here? I can tell you it isn't the state's fault really, in the winter people will cry if the roads are icy and dangerous, well sand and salt = road corrosion. Steel plow blades = errosion of the pavement. It's a never ending cycle of destroying the roads just to fix them again.

I mean I hate potholes as much as the next guy, but try to look at it with a little common sense....
    a valid point

Quote Originally Posted by WordTooYoMamma View Post

No, no, no...Me and Woodsy are both right. And Woodsy, I ain't talkin about unemployed peeps. Unemployment comp is NOT deadbeatery. Shit, dood, we all pay and pay and pay, and our bosses pay and pay a LOT for unemployment and workman's comp. When we tap it, that's fair game..

I'm talkin' ridiculous setasides and a million other things they're throwin at certain groups of peeps that's money down the drain, not to mention the billions they throw at the politicians to do their bidding for them. We pay for all THAT too. Not to go all Ron Paul or nothin', cause I hate that guy, but government's mission is expanded nowadays into areas better left the fugg alone. But OP is right. We're being charged for roads that ought to be of sufficient quality that we can trust em to drive on em in a CAR, let alone on a bike, and the bastids ain't deliverin.

Now about that scotch? The lobstah?

Quote Originally Posted by kb1ioq View Post

I'm doin' that. Those bastids pick up two or three times the taxes from business, sin taxes and personal income taxes as they do down here, so there should be plenty left over to keep up the roads. And I've sampled winter up there a couple of months at a time, for about ten years now. Winter is why I love it up there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast