Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Best MC Boots

Best MC Boots

Looking for the most protection money can buy.

Any recommendations?

Could care less about water proof if it will keep my foot/ankle from shattering.

Cheers,
    Chris

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

Best MC Boots

Best MC Boots

Definitely not THE BEST out there Chris, but I've been running the El Cheapo Teknics that are often on New Enough for under $100. I have two pairs now, one that went through my horrific accident back in *2000*. I still wear 'em...

I bought another pair last year when they were pushing 'em for like, $80 delivered...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Best MC Boots

http://www.motomkt.com/bdaywinner.html

I have heard good things about daytona boots...I dunno if this is the model. But their higher end line and a solid inner boot the hinges at the ankle like a brace to keep you ankle in tact during a wreck. Then is has a leather outer boot the slips over...and these are replaceable..

I think they also coming CF but then the prices gets kinda crazy....

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Best MC Boots

Sidi Vertebra. They certainly aren't cheap, but they are woth the cash. They do double duty between street and track very nicely, they are VERY protective for those tiny little foot/ankle boots and they don't look heinous when walking around the real world in them. And since most of the exterior plastic is removable, you can easily replace pieces when they get "used" without buying new boots. I've crashed once with them on and they saved both my left ankle and most of my foot.

Also very roomy for someone with a wide foot, like myself. They breathe great on hot days (I'm not nicknamed sally skunk for nothing) and I cannot imagine a better pair out there.

GO TO TONY'S TRACK DAYS!
    I'm Bikeless.

Best MC Boots

I picked up a pair of Alpinestar SMX PLUS boots from a board member along with my one piece FS leathers.

I seriously think I can run over my foot/ankle with a car and barely feel it. They have an "inner boot" and are pretty comfortable. They are even a little too small for me! The EU sizing is so weird. I wear an 11.5 sneaker/boot, but these are EU 44; which is the equivalent to about a 9.5 Yes, they are tight, but they fit and are comfortable enough to wear all day.

Best MC Boots

best your money can buy are the daytonas at like 700 dollars. I saw a woman get her foot caught between the spoke/wheel and swingarm of her GSXR. I thought she would lose her foot (not to mention that her bike caught fire!) but she only had a chipped ankle bone. Impressive!

I can't afford them though, so the Sidi Vertabra Race were my next choice. I like em, but the many little screws that hold all the armour on tend to come out.

Paul_E_D

Best MC Boots

Originally posted by Paul_E_D
    best your money can buy are the daytonas at like 700 dollars. I saw a woman get her foot caught between the spoke/wheel and swingarm of her GSXR. I thought she would lose her foot (not to mention that her bike caught fire!) but she only had a chipped ankle bone. Impressive!

I can't afford them though, so the Sidi Vertabra Race were my next choice. I like em, but the many little screws that hold all the armour on tend to come out.
    those are the ones...I think $700 is for the CF ones...the regular ones are like $400-500...

But too exp. for me I have the SM-X PLUS boots as well and they are very comfy and seem to be pretty quality...I went down once in them with no problems what so ever.....

On that note Brockton Cycle center has them in stock for a good price too...that's where i got mine...

From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Best MC Boots

I have the Alpinestars SMX-Plus as well, got them at Brockton for ~230 bucks. Great boots.

No, Donny, these men are nihilists. There's nothing to be afraid of.

- Mike
    CBR 1000 RR
    CBR 600 F4

Best MC Boots

Alpinestar SMX Plus...and I have a pair of the Alpinestar GPS for a lighter boot..VERY comfortable..and a pair of Alpinestar hightop sneakers with ankle protection and toe pacth...comfy as slippers...I found the Alpinestars a bit wider than the Sidi..
    European men must have feet like women ifn you ask me 'cuase all of them seem a bit norrow.....But my GPS's broke in fast.

Hint..remove the footliner during break in...

I still love the smell of burnt racing fuel in the morning!

Best MC Boots

Sidi Vertabrae here as well, love them.

Best MC Boots

IMO the A* and the Sidi are like Suomy and Arai....pretty much the same quality but different fit. I looked at the Sidi's first but could not find a pair the fit right.....

Both good choices...

Best MC Boots

Great recommendations... I am looking at the Sidi Vetebrae 2 boots, but I am a bit worried about the size (I have wide feet and most euro sized shoes are too narrow, so we'll see).

The Daytonas look awesome but I doubt I can justify spending more on the boots then I did on the Vanson leathers...

As a backup, if the Sidi's dont' fit too well, I am going to go with the Alpinestars I believe... Anyplace you can think of that might have both of these boots?

Cheers,
    Chris

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

Best MC Boots

Motomarket in Acton (on 2A) has both Oxtar and Daytona.

Best MC Boots

BCC has A* and gearne(sp?) boots...I think Nault's has sidi

Best MC Boots

hohum - even though i'm a chick, i have wicked wide feet and the sidi was one of the only boots with enough room in the toebox for me.

GO TO TONY'S TRACK DAYS!
    I'm Bikeless.

Best MC Boots

www.seacoastsport.com in Derry, NH had a good selection of Vert-2's when I was looking.

Love the Vert-2's. Toebox should be somewhat snug for good control.

'02 MS4

Best MC Boots

Originally posted by Tarmac
    www.seacoastsport.com in Derry, NH had a good selection of Vert-2's when I was looking.

Love the Vert-2's. Toebox should be somewhat snug for good control.
    I agree with Tarmac. I first checked my local shop where I bought my bike and they only had larger sizes in stock. I then checked out Seacoast Sport Cycle and they had all of their boots in virtually all sizes with a great selection and price. I love my Vertebra 2's

Quote Originally Posted by Kham View Post
    you seem to be related to nikon. so fuckyou too! go suck a cock./1
    2012 R1200GS Rallye