Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Mental state during a ride

Just courious how many people have good and bad mental days during riding. I have found that on most days, I feel like I am part of the bike and everything flows very smoothly. Then, once and a while, like this past Sunday, I felt like I could not get it together. Everything seemed erratic and strained, needless to say, I cut the ride short. As far as I know, there was nothing bothering me or pending that should negatively affect the ride. Everything else that day was going great. Anyone else have a similar experience? If so, is there anthing that you do during the riding that can snap you out of it.
    Note: This is a rare occurance............ most rides are great.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Terry
    2015 Ducati Multistrada 1200S Tour

I kick hippies...and Kham Nikon's Avatar

Everyone has their good and bad days with everything that we do so it's really not gonan change on a bike. There are some days when my shifting is flawless and others when it's clunky and something just doesn't feel right. I think the important part is to realize that your heads not there and do something to get it there casue that's when crucial mistakes are made - you don't see the car pullin out, the black stripes of death in a turn or whatever. Make sure that your head is in it through the twisties most uimportantly....

Bras cause cancer.

DEFEINITELY know what you are talking about. And nikon is right about is being that way in life, not just on bikes. If I find myself not having a good day, I force myself to clear the old mind and focus - because it usually means there is something else distracting me just enough to screw up the timing. And then I get home ASAP - I'm with you on max attention while riding - it's the only way to stay safe and alert.

GO TO TONY'S TRACK DAYS!
    I'm Bikeless.

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

I ride pretty much every day that has no chance of ice. Some days are better than others but time on a bike is always better than time in a car for me so I just slog through the bad rides and take it easy.

I kick hippies...and Kham Nikon's Avatar

Originally posted by stoinkythepig
    I ride pretty much every day that has no chance of ice. Some days are better than others but time on a bike is always better than time in a car for me so I just slog through the bad rides and take it easy.
    totally agree. As much as I love the Passat and the Jeep the only thing that comes close to the bike is trail riding the YJ without doors or a roof.

Bras cause cancer.

Originally posted by Nikon
    totally agree. As much as I love the Passat and the Jeep the only thing that comes close to the bike is trail riding the YJ without doors or a roof.
    How about a Ski-Doo Renegade REV 800??? Will do 115+ on the trails and jumps like a rabbit Of course you need snow.... but in NH you do get some once in a while

Life is full of curves...just lean into them!!!