Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Metric Cruisers

Re: Metric Cruisers

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    Honda Bagger at BMWMOV breakfast. Owner was like 5’7 150 lbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    I know a 5’7” girl who rides an Indian Challenger (Road Glide). She had a bit of trouble in the gravel lot of High Octane Saloon in Laconia.
    The seat heights on these bikes are pretty low which makes them much easier to handle for anyone. My dad's VTX 1300 that I inherited was his first bike and other than being 750lbs it's not a bad first bike, just sucks when you tip it over in a parking lot.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    I like no Rockets
    Metric Cruisers-3d9b3045-f92e-4f4e-b04b-3616c637107bMetric Cruisers-3daa247e-e695-45fa-8e4c-f0ce81a2b0a4Metric Cruisers-97644a27-5d3a-4d16-8ba6-022697e00e85Metric Cruisers-c1b28053-066d-4a3a-9db0-f9885ce69010Metric Cruisers-654b0eca-e4a8-4b08-a3a3-b6cf9431b2cb

Are you suuuuuure??

Your park avenue leads to..

Anyone know if the frame length and/or wheelbase is similar on the Street Bob to the rest of the soft tail line?

The street bob has mid controls, which are alright, but after riding the Scrambler I feel kinda folded up.
    Put in bike, your height and inseam. Very useful. You can change seat height, bar height etc. My R90 and Tiger both have low bars.

http://cycle-ergo.com/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Metric Cruisers-98791e01-79f3-4499-bd6d-dcebb9ca11d2   Metric Cruisers-e270dba8-d357-4ea6-be75-d6a06bdf31df  

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Garandman; 07-29-22 at 07:41 AM.

Hypertarded

I know shit about cruisers, the only thing close that intrigues me is the Diavel. I never see them on the road, am surprised Ducati are still making them and always keep an eye out for a crazy deal on one.

Anyone here have one? ridden one? thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by FriskyDingo View Post
    I know shit about cruisers, the only thing close that intrigues me is the Diavel. I never see them on the road, am surprised Ducati are still making them and always keep an eye out for a crazy deal on one.

Anyone here have one? ridden one? thoughts?
    I have ridden one. I think it pioneered the sport-cruiser category and its only rival may be the Rocket 3. While it has a lot of power and sounds good, I don't think it does anything particularly well. It didn't make for a good cruiser as I didn't find it that comfortable and I don't think it made a good performance machine as it was still limited cornering wise (but less so than an actual cruiser). While no direct experience, I would be concerned on maintenance costs if not doing the work youself vs a metric or even US offering. I am a guy that has 6 very different motos, so if you only have room for a limited number of bikes and are stuck between a cruiser and something more sporty, I think it does fit a niche.

Last edited by OneCheekRider; 07-29-22 at 01:45 PM.

I think it's fair to put the R18 in the same category as the Diavel and R3. It's different, but ultimately the style of riding is about the same.

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by OneCheekRider View Post
    I have ridden one. I think it pioneered the sport-cruiser category and its only rival may be the Rocket 3. While it has a lot of power and sounds good, I don't think it does anything particularly well. It didn't make for a good cruiser as I didn't find it that comfortable and I don't think it made a good performance machine as it was still limited cornering wise (but less so than an actual cruiser). While no direct experience, I would be concerned on maintenance costs if not doing the work youself vs a metric or even US offering. I am a guy that has 6 very different motos, so if you only have room for a limited number of bikes and are stuck between a cruiser and something more sporty, I think it does fit a niche.
    Which six?

Last edited by OreoGaborio; 08-05-22 at 09:47 AM.

Which six?
    R6 (track only)
    WR250R (dirt & sumo)
    Tiger 1200
    Speed Triple
    VTX 1300c
    Z125 -- so technically 5.5 motorcycles

I just sold my XSR900 since I picked up the Speed from Kenn on here. Just couldn't justify two very similar bikes.

Bumping this because I'm finding myself in the EXACT same situation as the OP, Jhawley did you ever end up pulling the trigger on a cruiser?

I currently have my eye on a Triumph Rocket III, I guess clearly I'm drawn to the monster engine... Anyway, it's a 2009 I'm looking at, from my research this model year has some bugs worked out that required recall work on older models, but I'd love to hear some first hand experience from anyone that's thrown a leg over one of these beasts?

I definitely curious about fueling/drivability from the factory as the particular bike I'm looking at has a stock exhaust, will I want/need a tune?

Hyper

Quote Originally Posted by jeantarrou View Post
    Bumping this because I'm finding myself in the EXACT same situation as the OP, Jhawley did you ever end up pulling the trigger on a cruiser?

I currently have my eye on a Triumph Rocket III, I guess clearly I'm drawn to the monster engine... Anyway, it's a 2009 I'm looking at, from my research this model year has some bugs worked out that required recall work on older models, but I'd love to hear some first hand experience from anyone that's thrown a leg over one of these beasts?

I definitely curious about fueling/drivability from the factory as the particular bike I'm looking at has a stock exhaust, will I want/need a tune?
    If you're crusier-curious, I have an intruder 1500 you can rent. Everyone that tried it has enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePackage View Post
    If you're crusier-curious, I have an intruder 1500 you can rent. Everyone that tried it has enjoyed it.
    Thanks for the offer, if the deal with this R3 falls through I'd almost certainly take you up on that.

Hyper

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    Put in bike, your height and inseam. Very useful. You can change seat height, bar height etc. My R90 and Tiger both have low bars.

http://cycle-ergo.com/
    they have ergos for my K-Pipe, but not my AK550 maxi-scooter.. I'm liking the office chair ergos of my scooter, although the wide seat makes it a stretch to get my feet down at stops, can't get both flat. at least I can get toes down on both sides

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by jeantarrou View Post

I had 2 different 2009 Rocket iii touring bikes. Like them but also tired of them. The engine is dual sump, maintenance can be a pain.

The engine, even the slightly mixer version in the touring model, does rip even if it sounds more like farm machinery than a motorcycle.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    I had 2 different 2009 Rocket iii touring bikes. Like them but also tired of them. The engine is dual sump, maintenance can be a pain.

The engine, even the slightly mixer version in the touring model, does rip even if it sounds more like farm machinery than a motorcycle.
    Saw a new Rocket in traffic, gorgeous, but yeah the sound wasn’t what I expected, and I actually kinda prefer stock exhaust.

- - - Updated - - -

And make sure you REALLY want a triumph because triumphs apparently hold their value like a bag of dicks, unless you have a limited one like Kenn…

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    they have ergos for my K-Pipe, but not my AK550 maxi-scooter.. I'm liking the office chair ergos of my scooter, although the wide seat makes it a stretch to get my feet down at stops, can't get both flat. at least I can get toes down on both sides
    That's easy to fix. You just reach under the seat on the right side and pull up on the lever. That lets some air out and the seat goes down.

What's the difference between a bolt and a screw?
    First you screw, then you bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post

Do you have an opinion about the fueling of the bike in stock form? The dual sump, is this a negative, and why?

And make sure you REALLY want a triumph because triumphs apparently hold their value like a bag of dicks, unless you have a limited one like Kenn…
    Fair point, and something I've considered, got the price of the bike down to $4,500 which seems inexpensive enough that I could sell it at or around that price if it didn't end up being a good fit? But I guess that's still a risk...

Hyper

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123