Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Micro Toy Haulers

Re: Micro Toy Haulers

A freezer seems like something I wouldn't use all the time, but when I would want to use it'd be great. The bigger one would've been a tight fit in the compartment so I'm thinking might not have been so good for venting the compressor. Kinda bummed but thinking having a second smaller one to use as a fridge/freezer might be convenient.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Ended up ordering this portable power station. It was a special deal at Costco and substantially cheaper than a comparable Jackery. While it is only 720wh, it is able to recharge to 80% in 1 hour and 100% in 1.5 hours. Most power stations take >5 hours to charge. I figure this will reduce and potentially eliminate any generator run times when boon docking and will be helpful when I go to my storage unit to power tools and charge the motorcycles that are stored there.

We'll see how it runs my ice maker at the track next weekend

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

@ 12v that is about 63 amp hours. Pretty solid little pack! I wouldn't try to run much off of it at 120v (if it has that option)

A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by JettaJayGLS View Post
    @ 12v that is about 63 amp hours. Pretty solid little pack! I wouldn't try to run much off of it at 120v (if it has that option)
    Yes, there are 3 120v outlets on the side. In the trailer, I plan on using it to run my ice maker without the gas generator, at least until I upgrade the stock battery. Should also get some use at my storage unit and allow me to travel with my e-cooler fridge outside of the trailer. It seems to have the generic solar attachments if I ever want to go that route; the Jackery stuff used something proprietary I saw people complain about.

This time of year it's chilly night time temps but perfect riding weather during the day. Used my old Mr. Heater to warm up at night and again in the morning. Might need to figure out a bathroom situation to avoid middle of the night too many beers pissing in the wind situations.

Oh, and the power station runs the ice maker just as I wanted it to. It also charged up all the bikes in storage so great multi-use purchase so far!

8 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Man that is a bitchin' setup.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Jared
    ZX-4RR, Hyperstrada 821, ZX-6R (FS!), 701 E/SM (FS!)

A simple, yet elegant solution. Is unisex, not the removable coochie catcher.

Micro Toy Haulers-482e87a9-f3c9-46e9-9899-7acac55cb32a

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Development Rider scottieducati's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    A simple, yet elegant solution. Is unisex, not the removable coochie catcher.

Micro Toy Haulers-482e87a9-f3c9-46e9-9899-7acac55cb32a
    You got that off an employee at an Amazon warehouse, didn’t you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CCS/LRRS #83

I’m actually in Amazon today working on an automated urine collection system.

In the aviation community these were previously known as the Little John™ and its Lady J Adaptor™. Cringe.

-Jared
    ZX-4RR, Hyperstrada 821, ZX-6R (FS!), 701 E/SM (FS!)

ah dammit...the toilet/shower/water is the line you cross between small and light towable camper, vs. you need a full size truck

how about a portable shower tent w' a home depot bucket/toilet seat/bag/luggable loo to poo and a pee bottle

Last edited by breakdirt916; 11-10-21 at 02:44 PM.
    FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke:

Quote Originally Posted by breakdirt916 View Post
    ah dammit...the toilet/shower/water is the line you cross between small and light towable camper, vs. you need a full size truck

how about a portable shower tent w' a home depot bucket/toilet seat/bag/luggable loo to poo and a pee bottle
    That's the plan, just haven't been motivated to go buy it since I have access to facilities or the woods 95% of the time. The problem is now I'm experiencing the good life and taking a piss outside in a windy 45 degrees 10 feet from the trailer door is suddenly an inconvenience

Reminds me, I still need to build a PVC pipe to attach to the roof rack for showers/water.

Oh, man, once you have a shower and night time pisser, you will be in heaven. Somehow being self contained with life's basics is liberating.

Paul_E_D

I am surprised nobody makes a lightweight towable bathroom/shower...that would make a sprinter or guy tent camping with a dirt bike that’s generally good for most day trips, now comfortable for multi day trips without restroom access and a hot shower. Everything with water and plumbing isn’t really as light and towable when the whole accommodations are involved

Last edited by breakdirt916; 11-11-21 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by breakdirt916 View Post
    I am surprised nobody makes a lightweight towable bathroom/shower...that would make a sprinter or guy tent camping with a dirt bike that’s generally good for most day trips, now comfortable for multi day trips without restroom access and a hot shower. Everything with water and plumbing isn’t really as light and towable when the whole accommodations are involved
    technically there is something like that available...

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

A bucket with liner is a great solution and what I have. Take a dump, tie it up, toss it outside, find a trash can in the AM.

I think I linked this before.
    https://www.amazon.com/TRIPTIPS-Port...08P535474?th=1

I just don't want shit inside. That is why I like the liner vs 5 gallon buck with sawdust. Also...this thing folds up so nicely. If you typically run into emergencies, just set it up before you go to bed.

I've also gotten really good at cracking open the rear barn door and taking a piss. Not completely unnoticeable, but if I back in somewhere its fine. Not sure how that works on a trailer.

A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

It appears the stock LA battery is finally dead. I don't think I touched the trailer in over 2 months and it was at 6V. Even after a recharge it's at 11.9V sitting right now. I had been looking at Lithium since I bought this trailer back in July and researched enough to know which battery I wanted to buy, so I finally pulled the trigger on a 100AH Lithium. I figure prices for these will only go up as people get ready for the season. Yes, it's a brand only sold on Amazon/eBay (same brand I use in all 6 motos) but this youtube review ultimately sold me on it:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

The stock charger should be able to charge this one as-is but I'll have to see when I install. Anything else I should do or be aware of when dropping this in?

I also plan to install a cheapo battery monitor for peace of mind: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07FGFFH...v_ov_lig_dp_it I remember Jay was selling a nice monitor but I think a cheapo is all I need right now.

I'd spend the money on a battle born and enjoy years of use and double the performance.

Paul_E_D

I already bought the one I posted. Given my research this will exceed my needs and save me money. Should it not last as long as advertised I'm sure there will be new tech out I'd rather have anyways.

Looking to pickup this charge controller for the upgraded lithium battery. Apparently it's the same as the one that came with the trailer stock but has a lithium switch to boost the charge voltage. Anything else I should consider? Thanks!

https://www.etrailer.com/Battery-Cha...s/PD4135K.html

Finally took advantage of the trailer's generous ground clearance. While this wasn't a technical trail by any means, I realized the lines I took with the Jeep aren't necessarily the same lines the trailer will take. It rolled over boulders just fine.

Decided I'm going to buy solar panels. We used the ice maker and ran an electric blanket at night which mostly depleted the EcoFlow battery after the first night. Luckily I was able to put the generator behind a boulder and used a heavy duty extension cord to limit noise while it did a fast recharge, (~1hr) but I think solar could've recharged enough to support our ice and heated blanket wants.

Was great to be in a nice secluded spot with ample amenities! We even unhooked the trailer to drive into town for a bit.

Still enjoying this thing!

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I'm glad this popped up again! This spring we'll be mounting a friend's truck bed camper onto a stripped 5th wheel camper frame. It'll ultimately leave about 10' at the tail end for open trailer type hauling. It'll basically hold two baggers or his picnic-table-on-riding mower set-up. I think he's less than $4K into everything.

EDIT: Truck bed camper in background & picnic table for reference...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Micro Toy Haulers-picnic-table-jpg  

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    I'm glad this popped up again! This spring we'll be mounting a friend's truck bed camper onto a stripped 5th wheel camper frame. It'll ultimately leave about 10' at the tail end for open trailer type hauling. It'll basically hold two baggers or his picnic-table-on-riding mower set-up. I think he's less than $4K into everything.

EDIT: Truck bed camper in background & picnic table for reference...
    I'm glad you included a picture bc picnic-table-riding-mower was lost on me for some reason! Looks like something you'd see rolling down Broadway Street in Nashville.

Sounds like a cool project though. I'd definitely be curious to see a build thread or something showing how you guys put it together!

Quote Originally Posted by OneCheekRider View Post
    I'm glad you included a picture bc picnic-table-riding-mower was lost on me for some reason! Looks like something you'd see rolling down Broadway Street in Nashville.
    More like something you see rolling down Parade Road in Barnstead! We've had a few late night/early morning spins through town. How we didn't all get arrested is beyond me!

Quote Originally Posted by OneCheekRider View Post
    Sounds like a cool project though. I'd definitely be curious to see a build thread or something showing how you guys put it together!
    It was supposed to start happening by now. I'm not sure he's happy with the frame he has, although there's a newer one available. It really shouldn't take all that much to mount it. The camper already has all the tanks self-contained. I told him to just strap it down and send it.

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

A lot of guys in the 4x4 world get big gooseneck trailers and bolt a camper body to them leaving enough room on the back for the Jeep/Buggy. It's a hot setup.

That damn tractor is looks like it belongs in a Jeff Foxworthy joke

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast