Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 141

Micro Toy Haulers

  1. #26
    Super Moderator OreoGaborio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    MA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    37,898

    Re: Micro Toy Haulers


    poop shovel

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Pete LRRS/CCS #82 - ECK Racing, TonysTrackDays
    GMD Computrack Boston | Pine Motorparts/PBE Specialists | Phoenix Graphics | Woodcraft | MTag-Pirelli | OnTrack Media

    The Garage: '03 Tuono | '06 SV650

  2. #27
    Lifer loudbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Rehoboth MA
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,855

    Re: Micro Toy Haulers

    May need a couple guys to lift it

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

  3. #28
    Lifer OneCheekRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    1,084

    Re: Micro Toy Haulers

    Well this happened quicker than expected... negotiated a deal in between sessions at Buttonwillow Raceway on saturday. Drove north instead of south after the trackday (where the seller was located), and bought it with PayPal since the banks were closed and I couldn't get cash. Put the bike in the trailer and my empty hitch rack into the trailer's 2" reciever out back.


    Tows as expected (very well) and fits an R6 or two. I'm excited. 2019 model in great shape with 270 degree awning included.

    Would've been great to have at the 102 degree trackday haha, guess I'll appreciate it that much more on the next one.




    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

    12 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by OneCheekRider; 07-18-21 at 10:05 PM.

  4. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Andover, Ma
    Posts
    288

    Re: Micro Toy Haulers

    Thanks Tim, ur not wrong this is a baller class rig all day long lol.

    Micro Toy Haulers-cwjd9357-jpg

    So far no mods planned other than a lift and big wheels/tires for the van as it now looks pathetic next to it.

    Micro Toy Haulers-hqfm1920-jpg

    I have outfitted er with some accessories however...

    Micro Toy Haulers-img_0075-jpg

    Micro Toy Haulers-djdm3368-jpg

    I run a Dometic cassette toilet in mine when my family is along - works fine but is not a ton of fun to empty/clean. For showers I plan on a Road Shower - mounts off the roof rack and is heated by the sun.

    3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  5. #30
    Lifer TIMMYDUCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    The 14th State Vermont
    Posts
    1,722

    Re: Micro Toy Haulers

    Quote Originally Posted by klp View Post
    Thanks Tim, ur not wrong this is a baller class rig all day long lol.

    Micro Toy Haulers-cwjd9357-jpg

    So far no mods planned other than a lift and big wheels/tires for the van as it now looks pathetic next to it.

    Micro Toy Haulers-hqfm1920-jpg

    I have outfitted er with some accessories however...

    Micro Toy Haulers-img_0075-jpg

    Micro Toy Haulers-djdm3368-jpg

    I run a Dometic cassette toilet in mine when my family is along - works fine but is not a ton of fun to empty/clean. For showers I plan on a Road Shower - mounts off the roof rack and is heated by the sun.
    Very , Very nice , all of it .

    Tell me the Busa is still around .

    Also my girl reads over my shoulder all the time and is wondering now why we don't have a BMW like yours . ( She is very partial to that brand )

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    TIMMYDUCK

  6. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Andover, Ma
    Posts
    288

    Re: Micro Toy Haulers

    Thanks man. I still have the Busa, check in with Garret if you wanna know what it feels like to part with a first year bike. The motard is gone though - currently endangering someone elses license lol

    I think we can all agree Europe provides the finest motos. The German Busa reveals subtle charms. She sheds heat under the bike - what a great idea! The cylinders lie forward at 70 degrees, allowing it to handle and turn. The brakes provide at least a suggestion of slowing, unlike the Busa. If you look close she puts the passenger mostly in front of the rear axle so it doesn't feel like a pickup with 3k lbs in the bed when 2 up.

    Electronic suspension adjustment, factory heated grips and quick shifter. Shaft drive with a slick setup to minimize jacking. Single sided swingarm. Telelever front end which testers claim provides a numb front end, apparently I'm not fast enough to notice. Plus it's frightfully fast.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by klp; 07-19-21 at 08:53 AM.

  7. #32
    Lifer TIMMYDUCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    The 14th State Vermont
    Posts
    1,722

    Re: Micro Toy Haulers

    Quote Originally Posted by klp View Post
    Thanks man. I still have the Busa.

    I think we can all agree Europe provides the finest motos. The German Busa reveals subtle charms. She sheds heat under the bike - Plus it's frightfully fast.
    Awesome review , We are definately hitting up Americade to do Demo rides with BMW and the other interesting manufcturers this Sept.

    We will be at Hearthstone Point for a few days camping as usual .

    Sent you a P.M. read it please ,then let me know what you think .

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by TIMMYDUCK; 07-20-21 at 02:41 AM.
    TIMMYDUCK

  8. #33
    Lifer OneCheekRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    1,084

    Re: Micro Toy Haulers

    Quote Originally Posted by klp View Post
    I have one and love it! They are pricey but shop around - I got mine for way less than 20k. You are paying for a turn key setup and above average build quality as far as the RV market goes. I tow mine with a van which allows for plenty of space - if I needed I could run two bikes in the van, two in the trailer.

    You could roll your own and I looked into it but in the end you will not end with as nice a product. None of the components in it are cheap, from the AC to the fridge to the cooker, batwing awnings are 800, roof rack, tip out bed will run 1500 alone.

    Like anything else it could use some sweetening up - first on my list is some suitcase solar and a battery with more capacity. If it came with a Honda 2200 that wouldn't suck either. Another batwing awning for the other side would give almost 360 degrees of shade. Mine is lifted 2" but even stock height the length of the ramp makes it too steep to load most road bikes - I run a 8' ramp to keep from high centering.
    I'm sure I'll be picking your brain now that I bought one!

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    Not anymore. Compact is great for a lot of people. Can be parked at home without being an eyesore. Doesn't require a special tow vehicle, can go lots more places for lots more uses. Great for mt biking, surfing, and other travel. Big toy haulers are pretty limited in scope. As micro haulers go, this is the nicest I've seen. If we didn't have the van, we would have been seriously looking at these.
    This. Like my post starting this thread, I originally planned on getting something around 28 feet with a bathroom, etc but realized I'd be extremely limited in its usage. Sure it would work at the track, but not when I boondock in the unmaintained roads/trails. Most established camp sites have restrictions on vehicle length, not to mention the reservations are booked months in advanced...most of my trips are last minute. Then the whole storage thing was a challenge for me as well, I have the new one parked at a spot at the office right now!

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  9. #34
    Fast is contagious JettaJayGLS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Age
    33
    Posts
    5,475

    Re: Micro Toy Haulers

    Hell yes.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

  10. #35
    BMW track whore e30addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    I93/495
    Age
    45
    Posts
    7,861

    Re: Micro Toy Haulers

    Quote Originally Posted by OneCheekRider View Post
    I have the new one parked at a spot at the office right now!
    This is less impressive if you work from home

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2012 Tiger 800 XC

  11. #36
    Lifer OneCheekRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    1,084

    Re: Micro Toy Haulers

    Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    This is less impressive if you work from home
    well, with this I can technically live at work now. I already use the gym to shower after I ride my bicycle in

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  12. #37

    Re: Micro Toy Haulers

    This was a satisfactory thread

    Special shout outs to loud beard, Oreo, bubba, and Paul for playing ball...and most shouts to Mike. It looks perfect.

    Where can I rent one lol

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  13. #38
    Your Father csmutty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pomfret Center, CT
    Age
    30
    Posts
    11,445

    Re: Micro Toy Haulers

    Quote Originally Posted by OneCheekRider View Post
    well, with this I can technically live at work now. I already use the gym to shower after I ride my bicycle in
    Glad I'm not the only one who does that! Only thing that sucks is the stinky gear on the way home.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

  14. #39
    Lifer OneCheekRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    1,084

    Re: Micro Toy Haulers

    Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one who does that! Only thing that sucks is the stinky gear on the way home.
    Definitely not my favorite part of the day but riding to work is the best.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  15. #40
    Lifer OneCheekRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    1,084

    Re: Micro Toy Haulers

    Quote Originally Posted by breakdirt916 View Post
    This was a satisfactory thread

    Special shout outs to loud beard, Oreo, bubba, and Paul for playing ball...and most shouts to Mike. It looks perfect.

    Where can I rent one lol
    I'm thinking about renting this on outdoorsy when I'm not using it.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  16. #41
    Lifer OneCheekRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    1,084

    Re: Micro Toy Haulers

    Maiden voyage was a success. Did a one -nighter at an RV park on top of a mountain. A little expensive but the bathrooms are nice and clean and the views are breathtaking.

    I lost track of how many double IPA's I was drinking at elevation and paid for it in the morning. AC on in bed made the transition a lot easier.

    Putting together a list of things I want to add: a small microwave, a small ice maker, and an electric hot water boiler. Not sure how the onboard battery would handle those when boondocking (obviously not simultaneously).

    While the smallest rig in the RV park, it sure generated a lot of attention. Setup and take-down is a breeze and the size makes it easy to detach and fine-tune the view you want. Outdoor kitchen rocks.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

    8 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  17. #42

    Re: Micro Toy Haulers

    hmm....angeles national forest?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by breakdirt916; 07-25-21 at 10:42 PM.
    FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke: ** 2017 KTM 690 Enduro R**

  18. #43
    Lifer
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,142

    Re: Micro Toy Haulers

    Quote Originally Posted by OneCheekRider View Post
    Maiden voyage was a success. Did a one -nighter at an RV park on top of a mountain. A little expensive but the bathrooms are nice and clean and the views are breathtaking.

    I lost track of how many double IPA's I was drinking at elevation and paid for it in the morning. AC on in bed made the transition a lot easier.

    Putting together a list of things I want to add: a small microwave, a small ice maker, and an electric hot water boiler. Not sure how the onboard battery would handle those when boondocking (obviously not simultaneously).

    While the smallest rig in the RV park, it sure generated a lot of attention. Setup and take-down is a breeze and the size makes it easy to detach and fine-tune the view you want. Outdoor kitchen rocks.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Think about adding a lithium battery for the increased boondocking capacity in the future. Or bring along a generator. Reallyexpands your ability to just get up and go and be able to run things on the go.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  19. #44
    Lifer OneCheekRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    1,084

    Re: Micro Toy Haulers

    Quote Originally Posted by breakdirt916 View Post
    hmm....angeles national forest?
    Skypark RV Camp near Lake Arrowhead, conveniently located across the street from the mountain bike park. I didn't bring the mountain bike this time but after this trial run, I think I'll be heading up there more often.

    Quote Originally Posted by sveesix View Post
    Think about adding a lithium battery for the increased boondocking capacity in the future. Or bring along a generator. Reallyexpands your ability to just get up and go and be able to run things on the go.
    Yes, I plan to get a generator. Currently looking at this Yamaha-powered one at Costco and hear they go on sale once or twice a year: https://www.costco.com/a-ipower-powe...100653776.html. Although when I'm boondocking, I will most likely be in nature and would like to keep things quiet.

    As for batteries, the InTech owner's group is recommending this set: https:https://www.costco.com/lion-energy-s...100663833.html. Not sure I'm ready to dish out that much coin for a new-to-me trailer just yet when the current setup seems to be working, but it would be nice not to have to fire up a generator to heat something up in a tiny microwave for 45 seconds. Again, not sure how much power I will truly need or if the current setup can even handle this. I have no idea what the stock battery is.

    Also need to figure out a bathroom setup for beach trips (mostly for the lady). I'm thinking toilet seat on a 5 gallon bucket with kitty litter and garbage bags to start.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  20. #45
    Fast is contagious JettaJayGLS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Age
    33
    Posts
    5,475

    Re: Micro Toy Haulers

    If you want to run that much juice (a microwave) then you need a lot of storage. I was going to suggest a 100ah LiIon as well.
    Then you need a way to charge it. Solar and/or alternator. Happy to help with suggestions for both.
    As for a bathroom....I got one of these. Basically a 5 gallon bucket that stores nicely and fancy bags of kitty litter. I have the emergency shit in mind, not a piss.
    https://www.amazon.com/ShineLife-Por...7386500&sr=8-6
    https://www.amazon.com/Anywhere-Ligh...386523&sr=8-12

    I've been jokingly wanting to patent a pee-funnel and a poop door (think about how you put mail into one of those blue street mailboxes) but it keeps getting shut down.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by JettaJayGLS; 07-27-21 at 06:51 AM.
    A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

  21. #46
    Soul Rider Paul_E_D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    western, MA
    Age
    51
    Posts
    14,947

    Re: Micro Toy Haulers

    Quote Originally Posted by JettaJayGLS View Post
    If you want to run that much juice (a microwave) then you need a lot of storage. I was going to suggest a 100ah LiIon as well.
    Then you need a way to charge it. Solar and/or alternator. Happy to help with suggestions for both.
    As for a bathroom....I got one of these. Basically a 5 gallon bucket that stores nicely and fancy bags of kitty litter. I have the emergency shit in mind, not a piss.
    https://www.amazon.com/ShineLife-Por...7386500&sr=8-6
    https://www.amazon.com/Anywhere-Ligh...386523&sr=8-12

    I've been jokingly wanting to patent a pee-funnel and a poop door (think about how you put mail into one of those blue street mailboxes) but it keeps getting shut down.
    They already have toilets like that

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D


  22. #47
    Burns retinas nhbubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Seacoast NH
    Posts
    17,612

    Re: Micro Toy Haulers

    Guy that races SMEC & NEMM has a completely custom micro-sized goose-neck camper/hauler. One of the features in that was a pee funnel. I lol'ed.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  23. #48
    Soul Rider Paul_E_D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    western, MA
    Age
    51
    Posts
    14,947

    Re: Micro Toy Haulers

    Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    micro-sized goose-neck camper/hauler.
    ???

    Post a link please.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D


  24. #49
    Burns retinas nhbubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Seacoast NH
    Posts
    17,612

    Re: Micro Toy Haulers

    This was a homebuilt thing. Pete Oliver owns it last I knew. But he didn't build it.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  25. #50
    Soul Rider Paul_E_D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    western, MA
    Age
    51
    Posts
    14,947

    Re: Micro Toy Haulers

    Ah, thanks

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D


Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •