Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Micro Toy Haulers

Re: Micro Toy Haulers

Quote Originally Posted by OneCheekRider View Post
    I do not have a battery monitor, but I did purchase a little 12v socket volt meter for the plug inside the trailer. I'm not sure I will be under 32 degrees much if ever, so LiIon is probably the way to go, I just don't want to start throwing money at this thing if the onboard battery is sufficient enough for my current usage. I also need to get better educated on electric. I'm excited for the fridge so we'll see how everything works this weekend and I always have the generator if I need to recharge the battery, although I'm sure firing up the generator would get old quick if I was boondocking for a while. We'll see how it goes as I continue to use this thing! I appreciate your advice, thank you!
    Solar is super simple to install with minimal knowledge and a youtube video.
    Your lead acid battery should be good for 3-5 years. Run it 'til it dies, then replace with LiIon. That's what I plan to do. If you run it fully down to 0%, they'll die much quicker then time to upgrade!
    I have the Victron battery monitor if you're interested, I think I posted about it in the van thread? Or maybe this one? I dunno, lots of these going around.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

Oh, random data point - I did just replace the main batt in my RV, the original Ford Motorcraft battery from 2006. It was still working, but loosing a good chunk of it's charge over a couple weeks of sitting. I want more lead acid batts like that one.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Mistake - 1992 WR250ZD / 2000 LS650P / 2019 KTM 150SX / 2016 KTM 250XC / 2016 KTM 500XC W

Invest in a simple volt meter for monitoring that battery. You really don't want to go below 50% charge.

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Invest in a simple volt meter for monitoring that battery. You really don't want to go below 50% charge.
    this is what I bought since it was cheap and easy and expanded my USB ports: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01JA627...roduct_details

The fridge also has a volt meter on it and a safety cutoff for 3 different voltage settings. It actually threw a code at the highest protection setting as I had been running the fan and lights for a bit so the battery was ~12.5, but I'm guessing the medium setting shuts down around 11v (complete guess as it's not listed in the manual) and the low setting is probably around 9v?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I don’t think an acid battery is coming back from 9 volts. Even 11 seems crazy low.

I have it set on the medium setting, I really dont know what the threshold cutoff is for it, but my guess is somewhere in the 11v range. If it does kill the battery then I guess it's upgrade time!

I will say that the fridge voltage screen read drastically lower when the compressor was running vs the little voltmeter I bought from amazon. When the compressor was off, they read the same voltage.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Medium should be around 11.8, low would typically be 11.2. That's what my chest fridge was if I recall.

Paul_E_D

That makes more sense. What was the high setting for yours?

So, actually, mine would shut off at 11.8/11.2/10.1 high/med/low it wouldn't restart until it saw 12.6/12.2/11.1 I ran it on medium. High was annoying because it needed 12.6 to restart. It was only really an issue when my batteries had aged and gone through a few really harsh winters.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345