Have you ever wondered...

* Why is it that when I stop, I always find myself next to the vehicle in front of me?
* Why can't I maintain my position and speed when riding those long winding roads?
* Why can't I avoid those potholes and manhole covers? They hurt!
* Why is it that although I lean over, the bike seems like it just won't turn?
* Why is it that when I head down the wrong street, I need to stop and walk the bike to turn around? Why don’t bikes have a reverse gear?

Last season, the MMA hosted several MSF (Motorcycle Safety Foundation) Experienced Rider Courses for MMA Members, offered at a discounted rate. These classes are a great way to significantly improve your riding skill!

Proper Motorcycle Rider Education can play a major role in improving your enjoyment of the ride, but also in your ability to avoid potential hazards and accidents!!! Indeed, about 80% of all fatalities in Massachusetts alone over the past 10 years have had NO RIDER EDUCATION!!

Consisting of about 2 hours of classroom and 5 hours of riding, the Experienced Rider Course (ERC) is designed for motorcyclists with at least 3000 miles and at least one season of riding experience on the motorcycle with which they intend to take the course. The ERC is a terrific way to work on your existing skills and bring you to the next level of your riding capability.

You will ride your own Motorcycle for this class in which we will work on skills such as:

* Rider and Motorcycle Preparation
* Advanced Street Riding Strategies
* Traction Management
* Advanced Cornering, Braking and Swerving Techniques

The ERC program is geared towards advanced street riding and is open to all makes and models of street-legal motorcycles which are properly insured, registered and inspected.

Tuition for the ERC is normally $150.00 for the Experienced Rider Course. Through our MMA Gold Card Members, Ironstone Ventures and Training Wheels, if you register by phone and provide your current MMA Membership Number, you will receive a $50 discount on the course, meaning the registration tuition is only $100!

To make matters even better, successful completion of a MA RMV Certified Rider Education Course can result in “rider education” discounts off portions of your motorcycle insurance!

ERC Courses are one day and are being scheduled:

* Saturday, May 21st at Ironstone Ventures in Ayer
* Sunday, May 22nd at Ironstone Ventures in Seekonk
* Sunday, June 12th at Ironstone Ventures in Seekonk
* Saturday, June 18th at Training Wheels in Framingham
* Sunday, June 19th at Training Wheels in Framingham

Last year, the MMA offered this same discounted program which sold out quickly, including a waiting list! The feedback we’ve received was extremely positive! For example:

"I've been riding 35 years and was amazed at how much I learned"

"In the early part of the riding, I was really humbled. I thought that I was a pretty good rider. We both got to really know our bikes and our own capabilities over the course of the day and I know we have both improved as riders by taking the ERC!"

"The class was excellent! I can see myself taking it every few years just to keep my skills current."

Call the Ironstone or Training Wheels office to schedule and please remember to include your current MMA Membership Number to receive the $50 discount!!

To schedule your ERC or for More Information, please contact:

Ironstone Ventures at (508) 278-0172 – http://www.ironstoneventures.com

– or –

Training Wheels at (508) 247-9595 – http://www.trainingwheelsonline.com
at (508) 247-9595

For More Information, please see http://www.massmotorcycle.org or contact SafetyDirector@MassMotorcycle.org