Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

mmm... toys

Smile mmm... toys

Now to get em mounted and the bike back on the road!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

mmm... toys

Awesome!! Where did you get that racers tape dispensor?

Yamaha

I Dance With Will

mmm... toys

how do you play them?

"fuckit!"

I kick hippies...and Kham Nikon's Avatar

mmm... toys

nice bong

Bras cause cancer.

Littering and........

mmm... toys

Those are some wacky lookin knee pucks.

mmm... toys

i'm a fan of the dope mousepad.

The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple.

mmm... toys

very nice, but watch out for a response from BenVFR because I think I know what he would have to say about it and I'm sure the end of the post would be followed by a pic of his CF toilet seat

Quote Originally Posted by Kham View Post
    you seem to be related to nikon. so fuckyou too! go suck a cock./1
    2012 R1200GS Rallye

mmm... toys

Originally posted by A996S
    very nice, but watch out for a response from BenVFR because I think I know what he would have to say about it and I'm sure the end of the post would be followed by a pic of his CF toilet seat
    Heh where can I get me one of those CF toilet seats! I want one!

But seriously, these engine side cases are thin as all get out, and crack at the drop of a hat (or a bike for that matter ). Plus, this is the 'real deal' CF layered over the 'real deal' Kevlar, hard as hell, and nearly 1/4" thick, so I don't wanna hear no whinin about how its 'just bling'

And yeah, that mousepad is dope, I'll sell ya one for oh... $50?

And the racers tape dispenser? Well thats not for sale!

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

Lifer

mmm... toys

Just do a search for CF toilet seat on google. If the CF one is not your style you can get the H-D toilet seat which will remding your house guests that you are a "real biker".

These parts are cool but none of them are really making your bike better so yeah they do still seem silly. Are you actually going to beat the piss out of your bike on the track where you have the risk of cracking a case? The airbox seems the silliest... the stock airbox is light plastic already right? No one can see the blinged out one right? And if the shape is not perfect it might hurt your performance.

Like I said.. get a CF handlebar, frame, swingarm, etc.. and you will see me bow in awe.

mmm... toys

Yeah, I am actually going to beat the piss out of my bike on the track (track days at the start of the season at NHIS and at Mid Ohio at the end of the season) but its not even just on the track where you run this risk on my bike.

Had a lowside on the street after being nearly squashed by a cager at the end of last season, and the bike slid down the street resting on the case cover and the frame sliders. It wasn't even a high speed downing yet it demolished the stock cover (they are thin and made of a metal that apparently doesn't deal well with stress). More than a few owners have reported cracking the case on a simple tipover as well.

Some CF/Kevlar applications for bikes are silly as all hell, no doubt, (airbox, yeah, thats totally ludicrous) but it seems to me there are some perfectly reasonable uses of CF/Kevlar for bikes when it comes to protection of critical components, or when it comes to a serious weight savings for a pure race bike (I've seen CF/Kevlar gas tanks that shave a good 10 lbs off the weight of a stock tank in some cases).

Lifer

mmm... toys

I can totally see the cases if you'd already cracked your stock ones & needed a replacement.

What bike is this for? Do Ducatis trash their cases easily? I thought that was mostly an I-4 thing due to the width of the engine. (I am totally forgetting what you ride, I just thought Ducati cause of A996 and FireNutz and they're wild parts)

A CF gas tank is a totally cool part IMO.

I was actually thinking of trying to make a CF card table as a gag... it'd be about the easiest thing to make out of CF. I was thinking we could use it as a registration table at bike races. (Easy to carry out there too, our current one is very heavy)

mmm... toys

I ride a Triumph TT600, an I-4, and hence the problem with the sidecases. If I were a real 'hot shot' on the track i could say it was because I was scraping the covers in the turns, but I ain't even close to that level yet.

A CF card table would be way easy to make and it would be light as all hell, now that would be funny as hell