Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mo Tard Questions

Mo Tard Questions

Where the F is the 125 250 2 smoke motard thread?

BS man, BS. People spend (waste) their time writing responses to these dumb questions and then it gets deleted.

Lame.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

Re: Mo Tard Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Manny View Post
    Where the F is the 125 250 2 smoke motard thread?

BS man, BS. People spend (waste) their time writing responses to these dumb questions and then it gets deleted.

Lame.
    ya and it turned into a oh no your dangerous i dont want to be on the track with you thread.

thats lame....

I got some good advice and it served its purpose....

the 250 is a definite and the 125 is out.

Quote Originally Posted by R1slowflyer View Post
    ya and it turned into a oh no your dangerous i dont want to be on the track with you thread.

thats lame....

I got some good advice and it served its purpose....

the 250 is a definite and the 125 is out.
    Take it up in a PM with the guy who did that, or ask a moderator to clean it up.

Put the thread back up.

EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

too late i deleted it.....

i am pissed off how it turned into a question of my motives or my riding abilities from people i have never ridden with....

btw i have no need to explain myself here i got the advice i was looking for.....

too late i deleted it.....

i am pissed off how it turned into a question of my motives or my riding abilities from people i have never ridden with....

btw i have no need to explain myself here i got the advice i was looking for.....
    You got an answer you wanted but failed to listen to the advice of people that have been there.

Not one person questioned your ability. Obviously youre going to hit the track for your first time and be an instant expert by the way it sounds.

Good luck with that dirtbike and honestly I hope it does go well for you.

James

To think I was just gonna come to the (original) thread and post up some gearing information etc etc.

Union your comment was useless. Your a 'racer' now so why are you even talking about being on the track at the same time as a newb at a trackday? Regardless of how you intended it, it came across pretty crude...

FWIW it's gonna run you just over 1k to motard your dirtbike. Costs about that much just for decent wheels, sprockets, rotor, and handguards (the bare mins to convert). I think the 250 2stoke CAN do it, but I wouldn't want to do it very often. As for gearing I'm running 16/38 on my RMZ (almost 2:1! haha) and that's with a 4-speed tranny. 1st gear is stupid tall. Don't know how the 2-stroke motor would like that, those babies have no low end.

You could easily pick up a dedicated trackbike for 1-2k all day long.

Boston --> San Diego

Where is the line drawn between advice and "i know better"....

seriously i know what was meant by the input but, to say you dont want to be at the track when i am there is fucked up.... Like i said i have never been the type to ever put myself before others and by that i mean if its unsafe to do so i wont even touch what i think "I" can do.

I dont have unlimited funds and i dont have the ability to fix a totaled bike sorry i still carry a note on it, and the questions were bike related, not how i felt about it.... I stated that i am not scared to crash because i am in the boat of those that will......

And your damn right I am an expert, an expert at taking in information and sorting out the bullshit, but you will NEVER here me spout off about what i "think" i know....

I asked the questions to get answers not to get the answers i was "looking for"

a13x thank you, i can spare a g and to have it as the "beater" bike is all i am looking for, not for it to be the only bike, just aother bike that i can push myself on. i guess i can start with similar gearing and see what works best.

R7 gave out some good advice too and for that thanks, get the wheels and eventually a 4 stroke...

and if you like, ill say screw it you will never see me on the track for all i care. I just want to ride the same way you all talk about doing and try to do,
    safely without cops and other cars where it is somewhat safe to push your own limits as a rider

END

hmmm, never saw this thread you speak of but I can guess how it went. After doing Penguin school in Aug. I was all psyched up to get to the last race of the year and since I wanted to build a motard for next season I decided I might try to setup my kx250 with wheels/big front brake etc just to get out there. Half the people that responded seemed to think my motor would blow up and oil down the track.
    I have spent enough time on 2strokes I think to know what they can/can't do and how they compare to some 4strokes. With the correct gearing my bike would not have spilled oil anywhere but either way it doesn't matter cuz all my original plans got ruined and I am back to the drawing board....every 450 I am about to buy gets flooded with water or sold

LRRS #399
    MX #505

Word. The 250 is def possible and sounds like you have a good head about what you/the bike are capable of.

Change the oil often (every trackday)
    Keep eye on piston/ring
    Have fun.

Boston --> San Diego

i can spare a g and to have it as the "beater" bike is all i am looking for, not for it to be the only bike, just aother bike that i can push myself on.
    EX500 all fucking day long. If the tard thing doesnt work out anyway

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pittenger5 View Post
    EX500 all fucking day long. If the tard thing doesnt work out anyway
    since the 125 is out thats what the wife is gonna be on....

and yes a13x fun is the idea.

Save the 250 the stress of having it's little neck rung on the straights. Get a 450 and thank us in the long run!!!

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

Quote Originally Posted by rmbbikes View Post
    Save the 250 the stress of having it's little neck rung on the straights. Get a 450 and thank us in the long run!!!

KB
    I cannot afford a 450 period. a thousand bucks for a setup that is interchangeable for what i have is an option. another bike is not. at least not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by a13x View Post
    To think I was just gonna come to the (original) thread and post up some gearing information etc etc.

Union your comment was useless. Your a 'racer' now so why are you even talking about being on the track at the same time as a newb at a trackday? Regardless of how you intended it, it came across pretty crude...

FWIW it's gonna run you just over 1k to motard your dirtbike. Costs about that much just for decent wheels, sprockets, rotor, and handguards (the bare mins to convert). I think the 250 2stoke CAN do it, but I wouldn't want to do it very often. As for gearing I'm running 16/38 on my RMZ (almost 2:1! haha) and that's with a 4-speed tranny. 1st gear is stupid tall. Don't know how the 2-stroke motor would like that, those babies have no low end.

You could easily pick up a dedicated trackbike for 1-2k all day long.
    I understand I come across a bit blunt sometimes. It comes from working with Kates everyday and its how I prefer info to be given to me. Candy coating things doesnt do it for me.

I do have serious doubts about a 2 stroke dirtbike making it around that track for any extended period of time. The front stretch is a killer on those things. They just are not ment to be ridden at WOT for extended periods of time.

It might work but I would hate to see what would happen if it did fail. Even in the best out come the bike stays upright and gets off the track fast. No one behind hits the fluids but the clean up is going to have a lot of lost track time for people.

Youre better off either riding that gixxer 600 which is more then capable. I went through that thing pretty good before it left the shop. Or that R1. Even better pick up a dedicated track bike for cheap. Its now the time to buy. Hell Chad has that RC51 for sale for stupid money.

Yes I race but I still do track days. At the level Im at no track time is bad track time. So if I can get the day from work and get my stuff to the track Im going to ride. I learn something each lap. Either what I can do, where I can push a bit more or where I cant.

Ive given away a few days for different people. I think this year it was to two people that have never been. It is one of the most satisfying feelings to have them come up to me and tell me how much fun they are having. Hopefully next year Im in the same situation so I can do it again.

James

Quote Originally Posted by a13x View Post
    Holy crap, 16/38?
    I had 15/39 for my last YZ450 for VIR and used to run 14/39 at NHMS, that was with a 4spd.
    My 08 has 14/42 with a 5spd and it almost seemed perfect for that track?
    If I had to guess a gear ratio for the 2-smoker 250, I'd go with a 13/42 and bring a 14 just in case. A good thing about the bike is it's a 6spd

R7 gave out some good advice too and for that thanks, get the wheels and eventually a 4 stroke...
    Can I have your R1 for a week in exchange for the good advice?

Yamaha

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    Holy crap, 16/38?
    I had 15/39 for my last YZ450 for VIR and used to run 14/39 at NHMS, that was with a 4spd.
    My 08 has 14/42 with a 5spd and it almost seemed perfect for that track?
    If I had to guess a gear ratio for the 2-smoker 250, I'd go with a 13/42 and bring a 14 just in case. A good thing about the bike is it's a 6spd
    what bike? sure its not a 5speed?

LRRS #399
    MX #505

Quote Originally Posted by seth505 View Post
    what bike? sure its not a 5speed?
    I thought the YZ 250 2-stroke was a 6spd? Unless I'm thinking older?

Yamaha

its a 6 spd,

and dont you already have an r1?

Yup. 16/38, and I have a 37 tooth rear in the drawer....

Jeff had to have the sprockets custom made... Doucette's RMZ (then Eric Connelly's, now Dollahbills) is running 16/39 I think.

Works mint. Runs all the way to the 1 board juuuust missing hitting the rev limiter. Starts are a bitch thou.

Boston --> San Diego

its a 6 spd,

and dont you already have an r1?
    O weird, what year? all the 250s I know are 5speed including current yz's and my kx. My yz125 was a 6 speed though.

LRRS #399
    MX #505

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by union View Post
    You got an answer you wanted but failed to listen to the advice of people that have been there.

Quote Originally Posted by hessogood View Post
    enlighten me...

lets have the advice then... since everyone wants to put in their .02

lets hear it....

what should i do. theoretically speaking i have an endless amount of money and i can buy whatever i want.

what is this great advice?

mind you i asked nothing about riding style or anything about my skill level.... that is to be determined if and only if i ever go to the track...

you fucking people think because you have been to the track and that because some of you can afford to go all out with your bikes that it also the same way everyone else has to do it, and if you cant or dont your doing it wrong.

seriously i am so fucking sick of this trackday mentality that if you dont do one you never know how to ride...

seriously you can all get fucked!

and with the questions i did ask i thank all the people that gave me advice, i am gonna get the mtard kit for the 250 this winter definitely worse case i can upgrade bikes later. the 125 is out we are looking for an ex500 for my wife....

and R7 yes you can come and take this fucking bike apparently i have no business on a motorcycle so its free game to whoever wants to come down and beat the shit out of it!

Hey man, I watched this thing unfold, and yes, some people came across as douchecanoe's, but that happens in every thread. The ones that try to help, even in assholeish ways said the 125 is not the way to go. And I know a lot said the 250 isnt a real good way to go. Most were fairly adamant its not a great idea. Some of their ways of getting their point across def wasnt ideal, but for all the opinions you came across as well I'm doing what I want, and Ill keep going until someone backs me up.
    I understand the lack of funds, but if a bunch of people are saying its a bad idea, and they arent backing up what seems to be set in your head doesnt mean everyones out to get you. No one on this website ever wants to see anyone crash, or get hurt (hell, lookit Chuck and Jackie).
    But if theres a lot of people who spend a lot of time at the track, its not they think you cant ride, but they know the demands that bikes face on the track versus street riding. If they say a bike isnt a great idea, then guess what, its probably not.

For the money you're going to spend converting a motard, that numerous people are saying isnt a good idea, you can get a race prepped EX500 that you know is reliable and has a huge support following.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

While I don't want to get into the middle of this (yet another) shitshow...

Keith, you're a nice guy and I mean this all with respect.

The reason this got a little heated is because you asked a question that you were LOOKING for a certain answer for. If you ask people's advice and they don't give you the answer you want, maybe you should consider their side of the argument...

There's probably a good reason a handful of knowledgeable people are saying something is a bad idea.

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

I guess I asked for it.....

I guess my reasoning behind it was based on the 250's that already run louden the rs's and such and hell even the 125's..... now i took that at figured with the right ratios the tard would also be a very capable and fun bike. I am biased i love 2 strokes and hate 4 strokes.

I agree... i sort of jumped at the people i shouldnt have, because i did ask for opinions.

NESR please accept my apology for being a douchebag.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast