Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

riding with ferraris

riding with ferraris

Being that Sunday was such a nice day for riding, a buddy of mine and I decided to head out for a little loop of Gloucester area. We got on 127 in Salem and headed East, and after a short while I saw a whole big group (20? 30?) of exotic cars (mostly ferraris from 1960 - present) stopped at a stop sign we had just passed. I motioned to my buddy to pull over so that we could hop in and follow them, and boy was that fun. Nothing like a) showing some guys in VERY expensive cars that bikes can corner and accelerate better than their $200,000 machines, b) the sound of a whole fleet of burbly V12's... The Marinello that he and I got stuck behind has to be the nicest sounding car I have ever heard... also probably the richest running car you'd ever want to get stuck behind! I could smell more gas coming from his tailpipe that from my own, which is unique to say the least (those of you who have ridden behind me no what I mean )

In any case, at least the ferrari guys weren't braking through all the corners (I really can't complain since we and they were doing 80+ through some nice winding 25mph roads). Couldn't hope for nicer cages to get stuck behind

Anyone know what the local ferrari/exotic car clubs are around here? I'd love to find out when they go on their next ride and just follow em around!

Cheers,
    Chris

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

Lifer

riding with ferraris

Interesting that they were getting on it. I guess stuck behind Porsche 911s , etc.. all the time that are being driven like grandma is behind the wheel.

I know what you mean about smelling rich running engines...

Yesterday I'm up in Maine on this straight that looked like it was at least a mile long. I'm passing cars like crazy and in the opposite direction I see another rider passing as well. I get back in my lane and we go by each other.. Old guy on a UJM. We must have been closing at close to 200+ mph closing speed. As he goes by I can smell his bike even at that speed!

Ben

riding with ferraris

SLOW DOWN BEN!!!!

2003 Yamaha R6
    1999 Yamaha YZ400

riding with ferraris

Yeah, I was suprised they were getting it on too... seemed as if there was a "fast group" and a "slow group"... there were two seperate packs, but I dunno if that was just because there were a few wussies who didn't want to rip it up... But the Marinello in front of me let the rear end loose coming out of a few turns (bad driver or not used to the power methinks) AND he smoked em up RIGHT in front of a Gloucester traffic cop... good for a giggle or two.

I think it must be the group mentality thing because every other time I have wound up behind an Italian stallion i've been obligated to pass them.

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

Lifer

riding with ferraris

Originally posted by bentbryan
    SLOW DOWN BEN!!!!
    Closing speed... not MY speed. We were nowhere near each other when we were passing the cars...

RSVMILLE661

riding with ferraris

Ferrari Fall classic prelude to the Forza Mille' here in northern New england. It is an FCA sanctioned event.

Glad you were able to see them. I saw a few this weekend too actually. Prolly heading back from the festivities.