Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Moto-Maps

Moto-Maps

One of my roommates just traded his POS beater that has been sitting in the driveway for the past 2 years for a 1988 Suzuki GN250.
    Attachment 20477
    I could probably beat the thing on foot, but hey, at least he's going to start riding (first time rider). Anyways, I figured the thing needed a tune-up, and I was right as half the oil was missing and it was blacker than night. So I go to the Suzuki dealership on 101A and as I'm buying the oil filter "Moto-Maps" catches my eye. I think to myself "omg, wtf?"

Now, for some of you this might be a joke, but for me, being a noob and all when it comes to knowing roads that are worth riding on, this was a godsend. I planned one of these rides on google maps (click me!) and uploaded it to my Garmin 755t. Planning on going on this ride sometime next week on one of the nicer days. Just thought some of you would find this as amazing as I did. Cheers!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2009 Triumph Daytona 675

ain't nuttin wrong w/that scubasteveRR's Avatar

Re: Moto-Maps

Looks like a good ride to me, I went out to Western Mass for the first time at the beginning of the year and it was great. Lots of great roads and twisties!

so did you give these moto-maps a try? Are they any good? Most of the time, you take a look on the map and figure out which roads will suck with cages. Most old roads in NE are twisty, also push-bike maps are nice and there are plenty of those. I don't know what's so special about these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    so did you give these moto-maps a try? Are they any good? Most of the time, you take a look on the map and figure out which roads will suck with cages. Most old roads in NE are twisty, also push-bike maps are nice and there are plenty of those. I don't know what's so special about these guys.
    haven't tried any of the rides out yet, the one that I laid out was actually posted on the moto-maps website. the booklet that i bought at suzuki had 7 other rides laid out around New Hampshire, I just get tired of riding local and I absolutely love long rides so moto-maps seems like it might give me what i'm looking for. what are these "push-bike maps" you speak of? when i do a google search all it finds are bicycle routes. drop a link if you can...thanks brahh

2009 Triumph Daytona 675

pushbike, bicycle maps are nice since there are not too many roads that are exclusive to them aka bikepaths, so many of those roads that are recommended for bicyclists (regular auto roads) are nice for bikes too. I have a few Mass edition of just pushbike maps that I got from a pushbike store. They are very detailed and have lots of nice routes with few cars etc., but in this age of electronic maps, you can pretty much look at the locale and figure out how much traffic you'll get and how twisty the road is. Keep away from populated centers, main highways and touristy places.