Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

MotoGP on CBS

MotoGP on CBS

Just read on Motogp.com that dorna and CBS sports have struck a deal to broad cast three races on CBS!! Hpoefully it will be better than Speed.

The Official MotoGP Website

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    '04 600RR

MotoGP on CBS

Quote Originally Posted by snaggle View Post
    Just read on Motogp.com that dorna and CBS sports have struck a deal to broad cast three races on CBS!! Hpoefully it will be better than Speed.
    i wouldn't count on it being better than speed, maybe faster coverage like same day (am i dreaming or what?). camera work is defined by the tracks camera placement scheme so it all looks pretty much the same. the big difference is announcers. it is nice to see gp coverage coming to a network. i hope there's more.
    i'm too afraid to peek at motogps website... SPOILERS!!!!!
    i wonder if the chinese are busing prisioners to the track this year to fill the grandstands. <starting rumor...not true, maybe. more likely they'd give tickets away.

Lifer

MotoGP on CBS

If it's anything like when they let other less popular sports onto their network it will be:

10 minutes about the bikes and the history/heritage of the sport
    15 minutes about Nicky Hayden & his family, maybe throw some Colin/Hopper/KRjr stuff in there, some kind of soap opera drama
    15 minues of commercials
    5 minutes pre-grid
    15 minutes of edited racing
    5 minutes of post-race footage, with most of the interviews & awards not shown

I'd expect them to be worse then Speed. Other then not showing qualifying, practice, etc.. Speed is pretty decent.

Just Registered Crash Dummy Denno's Avatar

MotoGP on CBS

if its in High Definition I would be so pumped - im sick of watching rossi on a 42" plasma thru speed's terrible signal! god that would be great!

we can't just immediately dog CBS, at least they'd be bringing our sport to a national platform and it would be a huge step! I mean we shit on speed but at least speed is here otherwise we'd have to download the races to see anything... keep watching and hope the ratings go up so we can get more of this!