Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Cheap tire places

I kick hippies...and Kham Nikon's Avatar

Cheap tire places

I am seriously looking into these tires. Where should I look for pricing? Who's good to deal with?

Best prices I have found so far are on Tireexpress.com and Southwest Moto Tires (213 and 224 respectively).... Can I do better than tireexpress?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Bras cause cancer.

Cheap tire places

I used Southwest Moto ! No shipping charges with an order of 2 or more tires! & that inot your pricing and I bet you'll have your answer! Shipping was fast too, as long as the tire is in stock....

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

Everybody to the limit!

Cheap tire places

http://forums.onedownfiveup.com/inde...pic=28255&st=0

They didn't list avons though. But as far as general tire prices, I haven't seen anyone who could come close

You ride a gixxer right? Yeah me too, they're awesome

Cheap tire places

Another tire to look at is the Continental Force.

I sell quite a few of these to used bike shops. A real nice tire taht won't break the bank.

Putting his hands in the air, like he just doesn't care.
    Check out my eBay store!
    Dave - Motorace - Michelin

Cheap tire places

[i]Originally posted by Honclfibr [/i

You ride a gixxer right? Yeah me too, they're awesome [/B]
    its gixxa yo

Cheap tire places

Originally posted by blackvfr
    its gixxa yo
    Hey you Gixxer guys should hang and ride together!

www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

Cheap tire places

Originally posted by Honclfibr
    http://forums.onedownfiveup.com/inde...pic=28255&st=0

They didn't list avons though. But as far as general tire prices, I haven't seen anyone who could come close

You ride a gixxer right? Yeah me too, they're awesome
    Those prices are awesome but I think that I want to go to a tire that has some more street life to it. That is why I am looking at the Avons. I know some bigger guys that are runnin them on the same bike as me and are getting 5500-7000mi outta them. I wouldn't mind seeing those numbers. I think that I am gonna start to check out more Sport Touring tires as opposed to sport tires cause I am runnin through sport tires too fast. I am gonn akeep this in mind though..

Bras cause cancer.

Cheap tire places

Originally posted by Karaya One
    Another tire to look at is the Continental Force.

I sell quite a few of these to used bike shops. A real nice tire taht won't break the bank.
    speak to me super dave....tell me bout em and give me a price. I would rather buy from you but these Avons are catching my eye. Can you talk me into the Contis? I gots a thing for cooper

Bras cause cancer.

Cheap tire places

Originally posted by Half Squid
    Hey you Gixxer guys should hang and ride together!
    its not ah gixxa

i've heard good things about the continentals. yet to see any upclose though.

Cheap tire places

$200.00 shipped.

My used bike shops love them because they are inexpensive, and are actually a very good street tire.

Conti is a HUGE name in car tires, and is trying very hard to get back into maintstream motorcycle fitment. The Force and the new Road Attack are their best efforts yet.

The Force is made in Korea, in order to keep the cost down. But the new Road Attack is made in Germany. It costs more, but is well worth the money. A very good comparison is this tire to the current Michelin Pilot Road. It is a sport-touring tire with a very good performance envelope.

You can do very well with either, but for a budget tire, you cannot beat the Force at all.

STAY AWAY from the Maxxis sportbike tires. These are Cheng Shin's, and are real junk.

Check out my eBay store!

Cheap tire places

$200.00 shipped.

My used bike shops love them because they are inexpensive, and are actually a very good street tire.

Conti is a HUGE name in car tires, and is trying very hard to get back into maintstream motorcycle fitment. The Force and the new Road Attack are their best efforts yet.

The Force is made in Korea, in order to keep the cost down. But the new Road Attack is made in Germany. It costs more, but is well worth the money. A very good comparison is this tire to the current Michelin Pilot Road. It is a sport-touring tire with a very good performance envelope.

You can do very well with either, but for a budget tire, you cannot beat the Force at all.

STAY AWAY from the Maxxis sportbike tires. These are Cheng Shin's, and are real junk.
    good info. Now tell me why I wouldn't want to spend an extra 20 and get the Avon?

Everyone that I talk to tells me that Avons are the best in the market and I can get em for 223 shipped to my door.

Bras cause cancer.

Cheap tire places

Avon's are the best in the market for what application?

Sport or Sport-Touring?

I would really look at who is rating it the best. The tires I rate the best are Michelin and Pirelli, and this is due to the technology and information they get from competition on both two and four wheels.

What has Avon won in either lately? How do they improve the brand without acsess to the type of information competition provides?

Yes, I sell Michelin. I also BELIEVE in the product and all it has acomplished in all forms of competition.

Check out my eBay store!

Cheap tire places

Avon's are the best in the market for what application?

Sport or Sport-Touring?

I would really look at who is rating it the best. The tires I rate the best are Michelin and Pirelli, and this is due to the technology and information they get from competition on both two and four wheels.

What has Avon won in either lately? How do they improve the brand without acsess to the type of information competition provides?

Yes, I sell Michelin. I also BELIEVE in the product and all it has acomplished in all forms of competition.
    the comment was made about sport touring tires. Obviously people have different beliefs about what tire is best. The information comes from reading post from people who have a lot of miles under their belt on the same bike as me in terms of a tire that will last a long time and yet hold true to the road. People on the ZRX board rave about the miles they have been getting from the Azaro's and that they stick like glue.
    My stock tires were 010s (02) and I really can't say much about them other than they only lasted me a few thousand miles. It is my first bike and those were my first tires so I really can't say much in terms of if I likes them or not. Last season I got some take offs from Dan and they stuck like glue for me (super corsas). I rode harder last year than the year before but that doesn't take much. I was VERY happy with the performance of the tires and contemplated doing take offs again but my mom gave me money for new tires for and early birthday gift.

I started doing some research on the ZRX board for tires that would last a good while but would also grip well. I take some long rides but I also like to hit the twisties on 17 a lot so I need a little middle road. From the research I did for a tire that would last a while and still stick pretty good - I found the Azaros were the most raved about for my application and they are in the right $$ range.

I'm not trying to put anyone down or put down any kind of tire but I am just talking from what I have read. I need a tire that will wear well under my weight and torquey bike but will stick when I lean it over. I got some decent 'boogers' on the corsas so it I need the confidence in the tire.

I am just trying to make the best educated decision that I can. I have always loved Cooper's quality for car tires and cooper is the father company for Avon so that leaves a good taste in my mouth and then from what I am reading it helps push my decision to head to the Avons. I am certainly open to your suggestions Dave adn I DO respect your opinion and everyone elses - most of you ahve been riding a LOT longer than I have been. Thanks for the input.

Here's a pic of the rear corsa after a rip on 17...

Bras cause cancer.

Cheap tire places

Clean that poor rim

Yamaha

Cheap tire places

Dave can give you a very good idea of what your looking for with the info you have given. Follow Dave's lead from here. Have you met Dave? Great guy, very good rider/Instructor!!

I have been on a few rides in the past and he can tear ass in the twisties, I remember a few SRNE rides we were all following him up into VT on rt 9 onto Rt 100 on his Concouch.. I mean Kawi Concoarse.. Back then I couldn't even dream of keeping up... So as for finding a match on a sportouring tire that bites into the Twisties, He'll know!

Now as for Randy.. He knows those Avons! And Swear by them...

www.tailofthedragon.com

Cheap tire places

Originally posted by R7
    Clean that poor rim
    that was after a 300 mi day on a fri then a 100 mi on sat ending on 17. it got cleaned shortly thereafter poo-head

Bras cause cancer.

Cheap tire places

Originally posted by Half Squid
    Dave can give you a very good idea of what your looking for with the info you have given. Follow Dave's lead from here. Have you met Dave? Great guy, very good rider/Instructor!!

I have been on a few rides in the past and he can tear ass in the twisties, I remember a few SRNE rides we were all following him up into VT on rt 9 onto Rt 100 on his Concouch.. I mean Kawi Concoarse.. Back then I couldn't even dream of keeping up... So as for finding a match on a sportouring tire that bites into the Twisties, He'll know!

Now as for Randy.. He knows those Avons! And Swear by them...

well...gee.... thanks Mike. so listen to Dave but trust in Randy.....sounds like no matter what tires I choose I will be happy.?.

Bras cause cancer.

Cheap tire places

Originally posted by Nikon
    that was after a 300 mi day on a fri then a 100 mi on sat ending on 17. it got cleaned shortly thereafter poo-head

poo-head?? Last time i got called poo-head was in early grade skhool

Sorry, no excuse for dirty wheels

Yamaha

Cheap tire places

Originally posted by R7
    poo-head?? Last time i got called poo-head was in early grade skhool

Sorry, no excuse for dirty wheels
    well I'm an old skool biyotch my friend...
    I cleaned it the other day but my bike is currently parked next to a construction site

Bras cause cancer.