Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Got Motor?

Got Motor?

Hey, I know you folks don't know me at all, but I'll share with you anyways. That way when some of you see me at the track, you can either make a point to introduce yourself,, or give me a wide berth. Hopefully, the former. Anyhow, I picked up my motor from the shop, and I am looking forward to putting it in the frame this winter. I want to do some mods to the mounting plates in the process. I'll keep you posted just for fun. On a related note, where are some dealers that have a good selection of racing boots. My feet are a bit fussy, so I need to try them on obviously.
    I don'y mind a bit of a drive. My fiance Lisa and I usually make it an opportunity to check out different scenery or shops, restaurants etc.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

Got Motor?

what kind of bike are you building?

Brockton cycle usually has a good selection of road race boots.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

TL1000R --- For those who like to drive high speed tanks

Got Motor?

I bought some Gaerne street boots there a long while ago. Still use them. I'll have to go there again.
    My bike is a 1986 GSX-R750. It has a Cosworth 883 kit, Yosh Stage two cams with spring kit, Mikuni RS38 flatslide carbs, Extrude hone porting, five angle valve job, .015in. milled off head,
    Falicon lightened and balanced crank, Carrillo rods, Ohlins shock. By todays standard, not a monster, but fun for an old gixxer. On the {ahem} Seacoast Harley dyno, the last time it made approx, 127 hp. That was before the lightened crank and rods. I'll be putting it on New England performance's dyno some time next spring I hope. So I wouldn't count on a similar reading. I'm just having fun making my own mid eighties superbike,,sort of. Too bad I'm WAY off what some dudes named Kevin and Doug used to ride it.

Got Motor?

I had the Wiesco 773 kit it my 86 GSXR.

Most of it ended up on teh start / finish straight back in 1990. I still have the detonated piston.

Putting his hands in the air, like he just doesn't care.
    Check out my eBay store!
    Dave - Motorace - Michelin

Got Motor?

I've put close to 20,000 on my 883 kit with no problems. That's with several visits to NHIS and New England Dragway. Was your 773 kit a high compression kit? Mine was a stock comp. {10.6}. After I milled the head, I did the math, it worked out to about 11.5 to one. Not outrageous for that motor.