Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

motorcycle accident in hudson NH

It was such a nice day yesterday that I rode to work. On the way home I was traveling down Rt 111 in Hudson and came across a motorcycle / car accident. It happened only moments before I arrived. There was a guy laying face down in the middle of the road and his bike was about 40 yards away in a ditch and his helmet was laying on the side of the road. Not sure if he was wearing it or not. The guy was trying to get up, but due to his severe injuryies he was unable. People were pulling off the road and starting to block traffic. I parked my bike grabed a rag from by bike and went to the guy to see if I could help. There was a woman (nurse)kneeling beside him and trying to control the bleeding. I gave her the rag to put over the head wound and I knelt down next to the guy and started to talk to him. I tried to reassure him that he would be ok, that help was on the way, and that he needed to lay still and not move. I needed to reposition myself a couple of times to stay away from the pools of blood coming from his face and head. The guys leg was severly twisted and had to have multiple breaks in it. His ankle was a mess, looked like it was almost twisted off. I sayed and tried to calm and reassure the man until the ambulance arrived and took over. For some unknown reason, I did not want to leave until I saw the man put into the ambulance, so I stayed. Later the cop told me that the reason I stayed was for "closure". ( sounds reasonable ) I must say, it was errie getting on my motorcyle and riding home.

Something I learned formm this experience was that I need to get some real serious riding gear. I believe that if the guy had proper riding gear, his injuries would not have been as severe.
    So, take a minute and think about what your are wearing next time you get on your bike. I certainly will........

I was comforted in the fact that I was able to play a small part in assisting a fellow motorcycle rider in his time of need.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Terry
    2015 Ducati Multistrada 1200S Tour

good job!

i hope if i go down, someone like you or gixxer6 or probably anyone from here is around.

Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

It has been a really tough riding season.

Thanks for helping. I am with oreo, I would hope that IF I am ever involved in an accident on my motorcycle, that you or someone else from this board might be there to help. I hate to think about the possibility of someone, who means well, coming upon an accident and doing something that would do more harm than good.

I'm happy to know that NESR is out there in full force.

LRRS#167

you Did the right thing

Thanks man.
    -Suf Daddy

Suf Daddy.

atta boy

Glen Beck is John the Baptist

Good work !! Great Job! Its very reassuring that people actually help other people in need.

you did great, all you need to do is let then know they aren't alone..........

Oh Man!

Oh Man! I was that guy last weekend. Came upon a fresh crash, people badly injured, broken bones, lots of blood, the works! Looks like you did a great job dude. It sucks, and you'll have that with you for a while, but at the very least you learned something very valueable. Good job!

Heath-

Heath Smith
    LRRS/CCS #337
    Low Down Racing
    www.racetireservice.com
    www.motorbikesplus.com
    Power by Dr. Hillsgrove
    Traction by Franimal Racing Syndicate

05' KTM 525SMR,
    01' YZ426F
    05' Reiju RS1

Says Vale to Colin at the end of the 2002 8 Hours of Suzuka: "Ok Colin, you better go out there and win. Because it is the ONLY way we will NEVER have to come here again!"

Re: motorcycle accident in hudson NH

Originally posted by NHBusa
    Something I learned formm this experience was that I need to get some real serious riding gear.
    Some of the best leathers on the market can be found in Fall River MA. Vanson Leathers will make you a custom fit suit for a pretty reasonable amount of money. http://www.vansonleathers.com/

I've been first on scene to 2 motorcycle accidents this year. Neither of which were as serious as your encounter but they were bad enough to clearly illustrate the importance of quality gear. This Christmas season I'll be having a 2 piece suit made with armor to keep my hide intact should the unfortunate happen to me.

I Dance With Will

question.

if a mean cop that just gave you crap + a huge fine ticket and he was in serious accident. what would you do?

Last edited by Kham; 10-14-04 at 06:04 PM.
    "fuckit!"

ZX-12R .... Thanks for the info on Vanson Leathers, I will check them out. I am looking for a two piece with armor. It would certainly make a good Christmas present for myself.

Terry
    2015 Ducati Multistrada 1200S Tour

The motorcycle gods will bless you for doing the right thing. I hope that guy is ok. I use to ride those roads around Hudson and Pelham all the time when I was living in Mass. They're fun, but you can get in trouble in a hurry if you're not carefu.

Yup.