Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Motorcycle Alarm Systems

Motorcycle Alarm Systems

With the recent threads around theft, and my new bike coming in I decided to look into alarms systems. I searched around the board and found an old post from 2002 about alarms, but there wasn't much info and I'm sure the technology has changed.

Anyone got one? Any recommendations? Just poking around on the Internet I like this:

Cycle Protect - Motorcycle alarm, GPS, motorcycle security, theft prevention, anti-theft system, theft recovery

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS #831 Novice
    2007 Ducati 1098 - Street (okay, sometimes track)
    2002 Suzuki sv650 - Pure track!
    2007 Suzuki sv650 - Next seasons track bike
    http://www.myspace.com/spydah77

Posting Freak

Re: Motorcycle Alarm Systems

Get a Gps tracking device and a Class A license, It works the best.( just kidding). To be truthfull dont even waste time on alarms, If they really want it they are going to get it sooner or later. Lojack is the best thing for motocycles so far and if they have a hour or 2 head start its too late.

dcen has one, alarm goes off and the alarm activator beeps in your pocket when it does. i guess you can also set it to go off either when people are within 20 ft, 10ft, a few ft, of actually standing the bike up, etc.

1995 Yamaha FZR600- my learner, sold
    2001 Yamaha YZF-R1- stolen
    2005 Suzuki GSX-R 750- cutoff by an illegal U-turner and totaled
    2007 Yamaha YZF-R1- stolen... R1s are a hot commodity, huh? any anti-theft system suggestions?

Current: 2009 Yamaha YZF-R1

BenSmith

i had my 1st bike stolen and so wen i moved 2 a nice bike i was weary, so i was able to get the dealership 2 throw in LOW-Jack for free....but even if they didnt do so i wld have spent the cash 4 it, u figure if ur ride is stolen, it takes teh insurance company 30 days before they can issue a check unless the bike is recovered.....so if it does get stolen u find teh bike they bone head that steals it gets the shit can, nd u can get the situation cleared up nd resolved quicker......i am also going to be installin a full alrm on mine as wel tho, 2 avoid it even gettn stolen or even touched 9i hate wen ppl touch ur shit wit their grimy hands) i looked at a couple nd my sponsor can most deffinately give u a dreat deal on the package installed.....

Quote Originally Posted by *GhostRide37 View Post
    dcen has one, alarm goes off and the alarm activator beeps in your pocket when it does. i guess you can also set it to go off either when people are within 20 ft, 10ft, a few ft, of actually standing the bike up, etc.
    just gonna say that. dcen has one & it's annoying as fuck. it almost makes me wanna steal a bike with an alarm, just so i can take the alarm out and smash it to pieces

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

The Cycle Protect seems to have a nice mix of the dcen and lojack features. I can be set to text you if there is a touch/shock, Its hooked into a GPS so it can text message you if it moves. It also shows you exactly where it is on google maps when you pull up the web page. It also has a batter backup and will text you if the bettery is tampered with (i.e. the old short trick).

Seems like a fairly well thought out product. Only problem is that it is upwards of $600.

LRRS #831 Novice

Scorpio FTMWF.

MSF RiderCoach

i installed a Marlin unit made by DEI few months back kinda of a pain in the ass to install but didnt turn out that bad when done ....

the bike i got had a scorpio installed (the one mentioned with the pager, and the perimeter sensor). You can adjust the perimeter sensor and I almost never turn it on. But the normal alarm (detects shock, or if the bike is vertical) is on always and works well.

I think it's a nice thing to have but it still won't help if I'm not somewhat near the bike so the pager can be in range and tell me if something is happening. The scorpio has accessories you can add to the alarm (the perimeter sensor being one of them) but there's also an anti-hot wire thing that prevents the bike from being started. Don't know how important that is...

Also i heard a lot of things about alarms draining the battery and giving all sorts of problems with the electrical system, but the scorpio has its own battery supply and I haven't had any issues with it. I think if you're just gonna be within a mile or two of the bike for most of the day, then you don't need to invest in anything more than a good alarm with a pager. If the bike is constantly far away from you and on the street or exposed, then I'd get the Lo-jack.

Current:
    00 Aprilia RSV-R

Past:
    06 R6
    05 R6
    97 Honda F3

Quote Originally Posted by viva_brasil View Post
    the bike i got had a scorpio installed (the one mentioned with the pager, and the perimeter sensor). You can adjust the perimeter sensor and I almost never turn it on. But the normal alarm (detects shock, or if the bike is vertical) is on always and works well.

I think it's a nice thing to have but it still won't help if I'm not somewhat near the bike so the pager can be in range and tell me if something is happening. The scorpio has accessories you can add to the alarm (the perimeter sensor being one of them) but there's also an anti-hot wire thing that prevents the bike from being started. Don't know how important that is...

Also i heard a lot of things about alarms draining the battery and giving all sorts of problems with the electrical system, but the scorpio has its own battery supply and I haven't had any issues with it. I think if you're just gonna be within a mile or two of the bike for most of the day, then you don't need to invest in anything more than a good alarm with a pager. If the bike is constantly far away from you and on the street or exposed, then I'd get the Lo-jack.

What? I'm totally distracted by the.... uh.... R6 in your avatar!

LRRS #831 Novice

Ah, can't believe Dan didn't even see this thread. No lie, he loves that alarm to death and can't stop pressing for that female voice.

Quote Originally Posted by omgitzchris View Post
    Ah, can't believe Dan didn't even see this thread. No lie, he loves that alarm to death and can't stop pressing for that female voice.

You mean something like this:

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=3MroQitF07g[/youtube]

Hahahaha thanks, now I know to get myself an orgasmoooooo for all my expensive appliances haa. Where would you find that kind of video? haha

lol u dirtbags. i been busy with work so haven't had time to ride or read forums =[

u have no idea how useful that little alarm is especially when i'm late for class and just park on the damn sidewalk lol. it's saved my ass plenty of times including when my fraternity throws parties and theres drunk people everywhere.

fyi, drunk people LOVE touching and posing on bikes... THEN accidentally knocking it over

"That little asian kid"
    05 600RR

Quote Originally Posted by dcen View Post
    lol u dirtbags. i been busy with work so haven't had time to ride or read forums =[

u have no idea how useful that little alarm is especially when i'm late for class and just park on the damn sidewalk lol. it's saved my ass plenty of times including when my fraternity throws parties and theres drunk people everywhere.

fyi, drunk people LOVE touching and posing on bikes... THEN accidentally knocking it over

Funny. I like the video that I posted. Not to toot my own horn. In the mean time I hope that your friend Omgitzchris passes his MSF and comes riding with us!!!!!!!!!!! He seems like good guy.

-Matt
    -Matt

no bike=true posing. u guys should bring him to newbury lol.

and back to the alarm... it cost me less than $200. Internatrix FTW! do some research, haven't heard complaints bout the alarm

"That little asian kid"
    05 600RR

so...I got a new bike and am now thinking of ways to protect it....any suggestions?

I heard about lojack and found out that it would cost me $1200+ for the part+installation!!!

any suggestions on alarms? does anybody know what dcen^^ has on his bike?

EDIT: ok...just realized its name is 'Internatrix' ...I thought he was just referring to the internet as internatrix (like interwebz etc) ..but its the alarms system brand indeed!

Last edited by njsrikar; 07-25-11 at 02:57 PM.
    There’s just engineering, skill, and luck.

-1988 Kawasaki Ninja 750 - sold
    -1997 Honda CBR600F3 - sold
    -2011 Ducati Streetfighter S - current

I have and installed the Scorpio SR-i900. Kept on silent but still get a little chirp when you turn the key off..
    anyway its a two-way FM security system that incorporates the convenience of hands free operation by automatically detecting the remote.
    The pager remote monitors system status up to a ½ mile away. Remote Ignition Disable, Perimeter Sensor, Factory Connector Kit, and built in Back-Up Battery...
    http://www.scorpioalarms.com/

2006 RC51/RVT1000R - 1993 Yamaha TW200
    Past. 2000 RC51/RVT1000R *1308 - 1989 CBR600F1 'Hurricane"

^^Yeah I read a little about Scorpio alarms. How easy are they to install?

Do I have to do any rewiring??

anybody have experience with gorilla systems? a search on amazon for 'motorcycle alarms' lists this company's products at the top.

heres the search link.... http://goo.gl/2cnfM

Quote Originally Posted by njsrikar View Post
    ^^Yeah I read a little about Scorpio alarms. How easy are they to install?

Do I have to do any rewiring??
    no, its super easy install...Scorpio has OEM connectors for most bikes

Last edited by rvtjonny; 07-26-11 at 01:46 AM.
    2006 RC51/RVT1000R - 1993 Yamaha TW200
    Past. 2000 RC51/RVT1000R *1308 - 1989 CBR600F1 'Hurricane"

Lojack is the best thing for motocycles so far and if they have a hour or 2 head start its too late.