Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Motorcycle Dash Cams?

Motorcycle Dash Cams?

Do you have one? Lots of people use GoPros but I’d like something that’s less obvious/stealable, front and rear, integrated on/off/charge. Don’t need a display.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

rides bikes

Re: Motorcycle Dash Cams?

I started looking into these a while ago and never followed up. My ideal situation was one where the cameras recorded 24/7 (for both dash cam and theft use) and dumped the video into the cloud every time it got on my home wifi. There are a few things on Amazon, but I never got very far.

https://smile.amazon.com/KENWOOD-STZ...2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Bought it and never installed it. not sure how long it would last on a dual sport

Blueskysea DV688

FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke:

I have a Sena 10C EVO I use for a commuting dash cam. Video quality is so-so, recording time isn’t that long (but enough for a round trip to work), but it’s super convenience since it’s all on one with the Bluetooth unit I’d have anyways. I went with a helmet-mounted dash cam since it can be used on multiple bikes.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by nick5446 View Post
    I started looking into these a while ago and never followed up. My ideal situation was one where the cameras recorded 24/7 (for both dash cam and theft use) and dumped the video into the cloud every time it got on my home wifi. There are a few things on Amazon, but I never got very far.

https://smile.amazon.com/KENWOOD-STZ...2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1
    Someone gave me something similar to this and it is currently mounted on my Tiger. They gave it to me bc they couldn't get it to work properly and of course I'm experiencing the same issue. With that said, I have it setup to get power when I start the bike and record when the bike is running. When it works, it's really cool and wasn't that hard to pull footage to my phone. There is one video file created for each camera. But, it hasn't been consistent. I wonder if I can just replace the main unit since the cameras seem to work great front & rear and running the wiring was the most time consuming part.

why not just wear a body cam

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

rides bikes

Quote Originally Posted by OneCheekRider View Post
    Someone gave me something similar to this and it is currently mounted on my Tiger. They gave it to me bc they couldn't get it to work properly and of course I'm experiencing the same issue. With that said, I have it setup to get power when I start the bike and record when the bike is running. When it works, it's really cool and wasn't that hard to pull footage to my phone. There is one video file created for each camera. But, it hasn't been consistent. I wonder if I can just replace the main unit since the cameras seem to work great front & rear and running the wiring was the most time consuming part.
    Let me know how you make out, because I would like to do something like this for my Tiger as well. As I'm thinking about it, using it for theft while the bike is off wouldn't really work, because it wouldn't have wifi to transfer the video (I guess unless it happened at my house...). I'm obviously not very tech savvy. I commute through Boston almost every day, and I've been hit-and-run on a few times.

I think the system is great -- I just don't know anything about mine since it was given to me. I think if you buy a newer one with good reviews it'll probably work out well, especially if they have decent tech support/warranty since the cameras will probably be fine and it's just the unit that records that may have an issue. I can't speak to leaving it on all the time, I don't really care about that. I want mine on every second I'm riding, especially given the amount of lane splitting I do here.

Quote Originally Posted by nick5446 View Post
    Let me know how you make out, because I would like to do something like this for my Tiger as well. As I'm thinking about it, using it for theft while the bike is off wouldn't really work, because it wouldn't have wifi to transfer the video (I guess unless it happened at my house...). I'm obviously not very tech savvy. I commute through Boston almost every day, and I've been hit-and-run on a few times.
    Our BlackVue dash cam has a parking mode and turns on if the car gets bumped.

But I’m mainly concerned with front-and-rear view while riding.

Here's where I mounted mine. The view is great front and rear

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

And here's a fun video from the front camera with two reasons you should always be recording (and paying attention)