Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Motorcycle Insurance

Motorcycle Insurance

Hey guys just looking into motorcycle insurance....who do you guys deal with for MOTO Insurance, Coverage and does anyone have Progressive here in MA...they any good??

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Motorcycle Insurance

I run progressive for all my bikes in MA. No complaints so far, but I haven't had to make a claim.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Statefarm, renters, cage and bike all together. They are by far the cheapest company I have had. When I bought my bike in '07, Allstate wanted $1700 / year. Statefarm wanted $500 and change. Switch the cage to them and the bike insurance went down to $325. Any time I have gotten a quote from Progressive or Geico, they both wanted over $3000. I've not checked with either lately, I've been too happy with Statefarm to want to bother to stray. If you can get Statefarm where you live, definitely check them out.

Amica was good on rates, but you have to have a clean record I think, else they may decline you.

I have Liberty Mutual for everything, car, bike, trailer, house, etc. Although i don't have a great driving record it costs me around $500 for full coverage for a year, plus they're just generally nice people to deal with.

Commerce here. Joint car, bike a renters insurance. Car is 515, bike is 260 and renters is 230. I also pay in full because commerce likes to charge $5 for each payment. Freaking crooks!!!

Shannon

Have you seen my baseball GingahNinjah's Avatar

have Geico for the bike and the cage. $140/month for both with full coverage. after seeing some of the numbers on here maybe its time i look around again and see if i can get a better deal elsewhere...

https://www.facebook.com/LRRSBT1R #54 EX 2007 SV650 "Work hard. Play harder. Die broke and happy!" Boston Tier 1 Racing Pirelli Tires Woodcraft-CFM Armorbodies Penguin Racing School Vortex Shorai Batteries DP Brakes Riders Discount SIDI Leatt

When I had my street bike 2 years ago, Liberty charged me about $500 a year for full coverage on an 07 Daytona 675. I also carried my car insurance through them which brought it down a bit. I've never had a problem dealing with Liberty.

At one point I switched to commerce because they gave me a cheaper rate. Liberty went out of there way, called me, and had me fax over my new policy and beat it on the spot over the phone.

A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RIZXVIR View Post
    have Geico for the bike and the cage. $140/month for both with full coverage. after seeing some of the numbers on here maybe its time i look around again and see if i can get a better deal elsewhere...
    Ouch... definitely shop around. Ask for quotes based on all of your policies... bike, cage, homeowners, etc.
    I am certain you can save a lot elsewhere.

I pay about $500 a year as well for my bike from Liberty Mutal, haven't had to make a claim with my bike but they have always been good when it came to claims with my Jetta

A lot of these companies do not provide motorcycle coverage in MA for some reason. I recently switched from Commerce to Progressive because the rate was 1/3 my old policy. Reason being that I have one point on my record from 5 years ago. Commerce looks a full 6 years back, like most insurance companies, but for some reason Progressive has a policy that they only look 3 years back for motorcycles and 6 years for cars. Dropped my rate from $1100 per year to $350. Great customer service as well.

Lifer

I have liberty in NH for my car and house. I go with them because they have a large presence in the area and employ a few of my friends and neighbors. My agent (Portsmouth) is great. They always answer my questions and usually get stuff straightened out for me. I never call the 1800 number.

But unfortunately they have been screwing up my billing for close to 2 years now (so 4 billing cycles now). They keep sending my bill to an old adress, then get confused when I don't pay it. I practically broke down swearing at my agent last time this happened and am strongly considering switching because they just can't seem to get their system corrected. I moved from that address SIX YEARS ago.

I insure the bike with Progressive via the website. Liberty wasn't even close to being competitive. My agent had no explanation.

xxaarraa

I have had Progressive, GREAT customer service. I now have Liberty and had a claim last year - GREAT customer service.

Lifer
    Wirelessly posted

Quote Originally Posted by Dip Dungles
    Commerce here. Joint car, bike a renters insurance. Car is 515, bike is 260 and renters is 230. I also pay in full because commerce likes to charge $5 for each payment. Freaking crooks!!!
    you might want to check metlife or liberty..I had commerce for 10years, then met life beat them by $300 a year...and then liberty beat that two years later by $200 more, although there is a special discount for subaru owners at liberty..

Lifer

If you are in MA I highly reccomend taking a look at Plymouh Rock Assurance. They were right in the middle of quotes I got, but one severe accident (with a total), and another total due to weather, they never flinched with a payout. They even welcome a bit of haggling on the final totals. Their CS is second to none, and that is worth paying for. I wish I could use then in NH, but I had to settle for Progressive.

- - - Updated - - -

If you are in MA I highly reccomend taking a look at Plymouh Rock Assurance. They were right in the middle of quotes I got, but one severe accident (with a total), and another total due to weather, they never flinched with a payout. They even welcome a bit of haggling on the final totals. Their CS is second to none, and that is worth paying for. I wish I could use then in NH, but I had to settle for Progressive.

I was a happy camper with Progressive for 3.5 years until recently. When I put bought my street triple they tripled my premiums just because of that litle "R" at the end; I have no tickets and no claims . Switched to State Farm recently and they lowered it considerably.

Last edited by 01xj; 02-20-13 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rice_rocket View Post
    Wirelessly posted

you might want to check metlife or liberty..I had commerce for 10years, then met life beat them by $300 a year...and then liberty beat that two years later by $200 more, although there is a special discount for subaru owners at liberty..
    Will do. Thank you for the heads up. Nothing wrong with saving money. Liberty Mutual right?

Shannon

Commerce on the bike, $300 a year. Then again it isn't a race rocket but it is a pricey bike.

Another +1 for liberty. Some lady side swiped me this summer and they were very prompt with the claim. They allowed me to perform my own appraisal and repair everything myself too, no questions asked. I pay about $500/year for my 09 street triple r, but then get about $200 back when I reduce the insurance for the winter. I basically just take off collision and keep theft/accidental.

-Andy

2013 Triumph Bonneville

I have Progressive and made a claim, no issues even though I made the claim for my V-strom at the same time I told them I bought it. I had both my SV650 and XV920R listed on the policy at the time. A ladder fell on my V-strom in my barn 3 days after I bought it broke mirror and crunched in top of tank $1300 damage cost of tank, mirror, labor to swap fuel pump, locking cap and install

locally I have never heard of issues with Progressive, but I have in other areas, depends if the adjuster in your area is a dink or not, I suppose that would be the same with any insurance company.

I always recommend getting insurance thru a local agency rather than online direct, pick an agency that other local people use without issues

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    I always recommend getting insurance thru a local agency rather than online direct, pick an agency that other local people use without issues
    Totally agree. Made that mistake with Progressive when I bought my first bike. Now it's local or nothing!!

Shannon

Just got off the phone with State Farm, and they quoted me $211 for basic coverage for the year. I already have my car insurance through them and that is like $800 a year... Not too shabby

Lifer
    Wirelessly posted

Quote Originally Posted by Dip Dungles
    Wirelessly posted

Will do. Thank you for the heads up. Nothing wrong with saving money. Liberty Mutual right?
    Yup, actually got it through a member here, but he is no longer with liberty mutual. All coverage amounts stayed the same through all the companies. I can say the only time I made claims was through metlife and they always came through with good payouts and service.

Wirelessly posted

Yup, actually got it through a member here, but he is no longer with liberty mutual. All coverage amounts stayed the same through all the companies. I can say the only time I made claims was through metlife and they always came through with good payouts and service.
    Just checked with Both LM and ML...
    For car only Liberty wants $675 while Metlife wants $ 724. Ya fuck that.

For years I have tried to find another company that will beat Commerce, but alas I continue my search. Thanks for heads up though Rice.

Shannon

Lifer
    Wirelessly posted

Damn.. I can't explain that since they both blew away commerce...must be a combo of cars and location, but I'm living in Natick..you are in Framingham?

My policy is out of Holliston. Kind of funny. A Liberty Mutual insurance representative just called me to see if she could find any discounts for me. After about 10 minutes she said ok just for you car your monthly bill will be $58 a month is that something you are interested in? I respond with "Ms. I pay $37 a month for both my car and bike. if you can beat that I will gladly jump ship." Her answer was "Wow!! Have a nice day sir".

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Shannon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast