Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Motorcycle Transport Needed ~ Maine to San Diego, California

Question Motorcycle Transport Needed ~ Maine to San Diego, California

I will be heading back to San Diego for another extended work stay from Sept 2nd through late Jan 2014 and I think I would like to send the SV 650 out to use while I'm there.

Anyone have plans for a West Coast trek with room for a Suzuki SV 650...?

I have the use of one of our subcontractor's warehouse in National City, just South of the Naval Base on Hoover St where the SV can be received. If the transport is after Sept 2nd, I will be there to personally take possession of it.

I am not yet certain where I will be staying but when I am informed of that, I could receive it there also.

…Or, if you live in the area and don’t want to mess with delivering down town, I can come pick it up at your place. I’m really flexible.

Another option:

If anyone is in New England, does not have to be as far North as Maine, I could meet with you with the SV for hauling to Cali...

So, if anyone can help with this request, please lemme know.

I will gladly pay my fair share of fuel costs to offset the transport of said SV.

Thanks much,
    Rob in Wiscasset, Maine

2 zero 7 - 3 five 0 - zero three 8 6
    radmg < at > myfairpoint < dot > net

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    AMA ~ USCRA ~ MGNOC

2013 FLHTC, 2014 Moto Guzzi Stelvio and a Bunch of other Guzzis, '85 RZ 350 KR, '88 Hawk GT, '74 Dalesman Trails, '72 Triumph T 100 R Daytona.. etc...

Re: Motorcycle Transport Needed ~ Maine to San Diego, California

Lucky dog,,,SD is nice to visit but wouldn't want to live there.

Quote Originally Posted by me109g4 View Post
    Why do you say that? We miss San Diego and honestly can't wait to move back, and not just because of the weather, way more laid back and not nearly as crowded. Cheaper rent than Boston too. But that's just my opinion.

No suggestions for the OP though. I sold my bike before moving out here because I didn't want to hassle with shipping, so I don't any experience. What part of San Diego you going to be staying in?

Quote Originally Posted by warsaw1776 View Post
    Why do you say that? We miss San Diego and honestly can't wait to move back, and not just because of the weather, way more laid back and not nearly as crowded. Cheaper rent than Boston too. But that's just my opinion.
    But he needs to defend his opinion? I'm guessing Rindge, NH (location of me109g4 apparently) is even more laid back and even less crowded...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

I like SD and used to go there a lot, but as gun owner I am considered a little more than dirt there,, with the toys I have moving there would be out of the question. I thought that the cost of living was pretty high there, but I haven't thought of comparing Boston to SD prices. As to Rindge, well, its a small NH town that has a few stores, a Dunkins and 3 gas stations, they roll the sidewalks up at 8pm.

I like SD and used to go there a lot, but as gun owner I am considered a little more than dirt there,, with the toys I have moving there would be out of the question. I thought that the cost of living was pretty high there, but I haven't thought of comparing Boston to SD prices. As to Rindge, well, its a small NH town that has a few stores, a Dunkins and 3 gas stations, they roll the sidewalks up at 8pm.
    Haha, fair enough. While i don't think CA is as bad as MA for gun owners, CA is definitely more strict than NH.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    But he needs to defend his opinion? I'm guessing Rindge, NH (location of me109g4 apparently) is even more laid back and even less crowded...
    I was just curious and saying why i like SD, my bad, wont ask any more.

I was just curious and saying why i like SD, my bad, wont ask any more.
    No, don't take it like that. Just struck me as odd that you'd debate HIS opinion then end your rebut with 'but that's just my opinion'. Kind of like, 'you're not entitled to yours, but here's mine'...

Sorry about your thread, Rad. If you want me to clean it up, just say so...

If I could help I would. If your delivery location falls through shoot me a message. I'm in SD and could possibly keep it at my place for a few days. Btw, if you need an ok place for an ok price with a garage check out Tierrasanta. >1500/mo 1bed 1bath 1garage. PM me for details. -Keith

What part of San Diego you going to be staying in?
    Usually stay on Coronado, often up in Mission Vally and sometimes Kearny Mesa... I won't know for about a month where this time...

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    Sorry about your thread, Rad. If you want me to clean it up, just say so...
    Not a problem Stoneman, keeps the thread going...

Quote Originally Posted by R1 View Post
    If I could help I would. If your delivery location falls through shoot me a message. I'm in SD and could possibly keep it at my place for a few days. Btw, if you need an ok place for an ok price with a garage check out Tierrasanta. >1500/mo 1bed 1bath 1garage. PM me for details. -Keith
    Thanks very much for the offer, I will keep you posted... the garage idea sounds good too but I don't do the booking. I should ask the travel folks..

Best,
    Rob

AMA ~ USCRA ~ MGNOC

2013 FLHTC, 2014 Moto Guzzi Stelvio and a Bunch of other Guzzis, '85 RZ 350 KR, '88 Hawk GT, '74 Dalesman Trails, '72 Triumph T 100 R Daytona.. etc...

xxaarraa

Let me see. SD - gorgeous, sunshine, beautiful motorcycle roads, babes, mountains. NH - snow, ice, bullshit, mud season, black flies, red necks. This is a tough choice.

Exaggerating for effect, don't hurt me

Last edited by xxaarraa; 07-04-13 at 11:01 AM.

Haha, fair enough. While i don't think CA is as bad as MA for gun owners, CA is definitely more strict than NH.

CA is one of the few states that is worse than MA for gun owners.

FAR worse,, some here would do well to read some of Ca. gun laws. Mass is a free state compared to Ca. I love going to San Diego for some of the reasons noted above but the state is regulating itself to death and illegals are bankrupting it.

illegals are bankrupting it.
    True story...

AMA ~ USCRA ~ MGNOC

FAR worse,, some here would do well to read some of Ca. gun laws. Mass is a free state compared to Ca. I love going to San Diego for some of the reasons noted above but the state is regulating itself to death and illegals are bankrupting it.
    Politicians are bankrupting CA, not illegals, although they certainly aren't helping. the feds seem to be spending much much more money on the illegal problem, but the CA politicians aren't making living in CA illegally too uncomfortable.

As far as gun laws, i really dont know. Plenty of friends have ARs and plenty of hand guns so i never thought it was that bad. But when i moved out here, it seemed even worse in MA, however i moved out here just after sandy hook, so perhaps all the drama after that and only seeing it from here is skewing my perspective.

Regardless, it is definitely worth having a bike in San Diego. you will be able to ride up until you move back in January, and there are tons of fun roads.

Politicians are bankrupting CA, not illegals, although they certainly aren't helping....

Regardless, it is definitely worth having a bike in San Diego. you will be able to ride up until you move back in January, and there are tons of fun roads.
    Yeah, I should probably stay away from making comments about CA politics, I only see and hears bits and pieces of it while I'm out there... plus we have enough issues with our own politics here in Maine what with our embarrassing Governor and all...

The SV will be a good alternative to the rental car commute and fun days off.

AMA ~ USCRA ~ MGNOC