Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Motovloggers

  1. #1
    Lifer Tekime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Falmouth, ME
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,336

    Motovloggers


    Any motovloggers on here so I can stalk you on YouTube?

    Or anyone you watch/recommend?

    Got hooked on a few channels this year but there's also a lot of crap.. can't stand all the fake pranks/road rage vids

    Max Wrist is insane..

    Yammie Noob is funny, getting a bit weaker since his accident/vlog marketing videos..

    Don't mind Jake the Snake and Walteriffic most of the time.

    I've been taking video for years and doing nothing with it and decided to start a channel this year.. put out a few videos for fun but mostly boning up on After Effects/Premiere after skating by on the basics for too long.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Medford, Ma
    Posts
    228

    Re: Motovloggers

    RJ /thread

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  3. #3
    Super Moderator TheIglu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Royalston, MA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    20,358

    Re: Motovloggers

    I've got a few videos up on my channel, mostly Deal's Gap videos from our trips, some trackday sessions. Both are chock full of NESR cliquey cunts.

    If you are smart, you'll figure out where to find me on there.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

  4. #4
    Lifer Chippertheripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    the fairest of havens
    Age
    41
    Posts
    14,009

    Re: Motovloggers

    The only thing worse than a blogger is a vlogger.
    Nobody fucking cares.

    4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

  5. #5
    Lifer Tekime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Falmouth, ME
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,336

    Re: Motovloggers

    Quote Originally Posted by MoXzilla View Post
    RJ /thread
    RoyalJordanian?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    I've got a few videos up on my channel, mostly Deal's Gap videos from our trips, some trackday sessions. Both are chock full of NESR cliquey cunts.

    If you are smart, you'll figure out where to find me on there.
    If you mentioned NHMS or new england anything I may already be following you...

    Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    The only thing worse than a blogger is a vlogger.
    Nobody fucking cares.
    I care bro. I care.

    Don't care for the bullshit like 6foot4honda doing fake road rage videos. But something about a guy talking about motorcycles while riding a motorcycle really gets under some people's skin lol

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

  6. #6
    Lifer Chippertheripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    the fairest of havens
    Age
    41
    Posts
    14,009

    Re: Motovloggers

    I'm sorry man. I make a concerted effort not to piss in the cheerios most times, but forums like this are really enough for sharing opinions for me. Broadcasting your opinions to the masses like some kind of messiah in a one sided discussion really is what gets under my skin.
    Here one can actively engage in discussion, for better or worse. Simply putting opinions out there like fact like bloggers typically do really annoys me for some reason.
    But go have your fun, just the same.

    3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

  7. #7
    Lifer Tekime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Falmouth, ME
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,336

    Re: Motovloggers

    No offense taken man, trust me some people get really bent out of shape just at the mention of motovlogging, could really care less. I get it. Facebook makes me want to puke these days for similar reasons.

    There are some annoying showboats and know-it-alls but the better ones actively request feedback/comments and reply to them, do gear reviews, have actual topics or just do funny shit and I say more power to 'em. I've been getting GoPro video for years and doing basically nothing with it, so I started making some videos this year. Already have a job so it's purely for fun and to improve my video editing skills in Premiere/AE.

    People hate on Yammie because apparently you aren't allowed to have an opinion if you haven't been riding for 65 years, but the guy is smart and his editing skills are on point. Come on this shit is funny


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

  8. #8
    Burns retinas nhbubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Seacoast NH
    Posts
    17,108

    Re: Motovloggers

    Quote Originally Posted by Tekime View Post
    People hate on Yammie because apparently you aren't allowed to have an opinion if you haven't been riding for 65 years, but the guy is smart and his editing skills are on point. Come on this shit is funny

    Notice what he's not doing in these videos. He's not showing himself riding around in suburban USA talking to himself. He's not "motovlogging". Like, at all.

    I'm with chip 112% on this one. Can't watch any of that crap. What ticks me off further is when there is actual information on one of these hosehead, self centered "channels". But it's buried so deep in the video you spent half the time randomly clicking through the video trying to find the actual content. 5 minute video to explain or demonstrate a 90-second thing? Book ended by minutes of "watch my other boring shit" or "don't forget to subscribe and support". Yeah, thanks anyway.


    All that said, there used to be a guy that did the "by way of motorcycle" videos of him and a buddy riding all over the US on a VFR. That was interesting to watch. And I guess it was legally vlogging. And there have been a couple other trip series worth watching. Most get linked through ride reports on ADVRider or something. Watch those. They're interesting. But without fail, that one video or series about the trip is good and everyotherthing they post is boring shit. Just like the boring shit I put on youtube. We really are all the same. Until that one time when we're not. But then we go back to being all the same.


    But the rest of the crap. Nope.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  9. #9
    Jamnuts jhawley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southern CT
    Age
    37
    Posts
    757

    Re: Motovloggers

    Found a kid from Canada during my search for a super tenere.
    Fort nine is the Page.

    I've tried, but I just can't sit and watch someone talk more more than about 5 minutes then I just lose all attention

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  10. #10
    Lifer bryco13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Oxford, MA
    Posts
    1,440

    Re: Motovloggers

    I found a few YouTube channels helpful when I was close to making my final decision on a wr250r. I searched for different keywords and found accidental broadcast (Hawaii based off road riding), motorrippin (Florida based, funny dude, rides some cool looking trails while telling stories of booze and women), ride Victoria (Canadian based), and jake the garden snake was found after finding these other guys. I subscribed to their channels, as they all occasionally delved into maintenance, pros and cons, and general info on a bike I was very interested in. So while some are just entertaining to watch (baron Von grumble), I mainly used them for feedback on a potential purchase.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  11. #11

    Re: Motovloggers

    hate all you want, but if I had the formula/personality to make a living posting videos of me riding/talking, I'd do it!!

    mine are all just clips from rides set to music...whopping 79 views...I'll keep my day job


    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke: ** 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 500R **
    instagram @veshlife

  12. #12
    Day late, dollar short carsick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,997

    Re: Motovloggers

    Quote Originally Posted by Tekime View Post
    People hate on Yammie because apparently you aren't allowed to have an opinion if you haven't been riding for 65 years, but the guy is smart and his editing skills are on point. Come on this shit is funny

    That shit is more funny because "old man superbike" at 1:03 is an image of 3 of our own NESR members.
    Maybe I'm old, but I can feel brain cells being killed when I take the clickbait and some idiot starts rambling about things that apparently interest them but really don't need to be spoken, because they HAVE NO VALUE!! Show me something neat, teach me something useful, make me laugh, make me think. None of this happens in the vast majority of the vlogs. "So, uhhh, whassup dudes, it's like Wednesday, and whoa hey there's a cop, so my buddy almost got a flat one time riding home and my phone says it's gonna rain tomorrow which sucks." Actually I just realized I was visualizing the scene as some flat straight bland place with nothing of note, the suburban USA bubs mentioned. I guess if I had to ride there I'd blather to myself, just to stay awake. But not gift it to the world.

    Prove us wrong Tekime, make some good vids.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

  13. #13

    Re: Motovloggers

    15 bikes/craigslist bro is a guy on here!!

    garrett!1

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke: ** 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 500R **
    instagram @veshlife

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Medford, Ma
    Posts
    228

    Re: Motovloggers

    Quote Originally Posted by Tekime View Post
    RoyalJordanian?
    Correct

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  15. #15
    Lifer
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bristol County
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,412

    Re: Motovloggers

    Quote Originally Posted by jhawley View Post
    Found a kid from Canada during my search for a super tenere.
    Fort nine is the Page.

    I've tried, but I just can't sit and watch someone talk more more than about 5 minutes then I just lose all attention
    I like his product reviews. Never watched any of his vlog vids though.

    I don't mind the occasional riding video. I really like the Cross Training and Enduro channel. But most street vloggers just make me pissed off. I can't believe I fell for the clickbate headline again, and now I'm halfway through a 10 minute video of self-loving nonsense peppered with ramblings about those damn cagers.

    The videos most people like by yammie noob have content, like the Top ten stereotype vids. His has a good comedic delivery too. But riding around talking to himself? Next...

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    nedirtriders.com

  16. #16
    Super Moderator TheIglu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Royalston, MA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    20,358

    Re: Motovloggers

    I like watching Bub's falling down videos*. He has a sense of humor. More people need to show their own struggles, not just the best of what they do in a ride.


    *I don't like seeing riders get hurt. Squids, racers, whatever. I don't want to see that. No thanks. Just fun silly getoffs where everyone walks away.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

  17. #17
    Lifer loudbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Rehoboth MA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    4,432

    Re: Motovloggers

    Here's some worthy moto vids, there's a thread about it. Not vlogs, because who has the time.

    CROSS TRAINING ENDURO SKILLS
    - YouTube

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  18. #18
    Burns retinas nhbubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Seacoast NH
    Posts
    17,108

    Re: Motovloggers

    The cross training stuff isn't the v-moto-bs-log-laying either. Believe it or not there's some satire buried in that educational content! Listen carefully now.

    I'm glad my 0.589 seconds with ffmpeg and some half assed bash scripts can entertain. Nothing was seriously injured in the making of those videos, except my ego.

    'Scuse me while I go check my viewership and figure out how to monetize...

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  19. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Chelsea MA
    Posts
    28

    Re: Motovloggers

    650ib is entertaining.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  20. #20
    Lifer 01xj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    CT
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,481

    Re: Motovloggers

    I have zero interest in watching someone ride around and come up with totally random bullshit off the cuff when they are talking simply to make noise. Riding for a wopping 1.5 years and having a 4k camera set up plus recording capabilities does not make you a special snowflake.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  21. #21
    Day late, dollar short carsick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,997

    Re: Motovloggers

    Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    'Scuse me while I go check my viewership and figure out how to monetize...
    When does the 2016 crash compilation drop?

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

  22. #22
    Lifer Tekime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Falmouth, ME
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,336

    Re: Motovloggers

    Well so far my videos are either educational (like a howto on valve lapping), "stream of consciousness" motovlog-style, or topic-oriented (eg, talking about gloves and what I'm using) but still motovlog style with some random bullshit thrown in.

    If I actually stick with the vids, it sure as hell won't be commentary on bad drivers for 57 episodes. But I like the motophilosophy approach and I'm a fucking weirdo so it's bound to creep into my vlogs

    You guys have highlighted most of the annoying parts of motovlogging in the strict sense (driving around just talking about what you see, which gets boring as fuck). But I do enjoy getting a taste of what other riders are doing, where they ride, what they think, etc. We usually throw on YouTube vids or motovlogs when my buddy comes over to wrench so I'm not always looking for in-depth captivating pieces. Sadly I think we watched 3 hours of bike pranks videos one night, not my proudest moment.

    Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Notice what he's not doing in these videos. He's not showing himself riding around in suburban USA talking to himself. He's not "motovlogging". Like, at all.
    True. I think this is the sort of motovlogging I like though, he does do many videos on the bike but has topics.

    Quote Originally Posted by breakdirt916 View Post
    hate all you want, but if I had the formula/personality to make a living posting videos of me riding/talking, I'd do it!!

    mine are all just clips from rides set to music...whopping 79 views...I'll keep my day job
    Make that 80 haha

    Yeah I think it's awesome if anyone can make some side cash doing something they love. As long as they aren't total asshats I think it's great.

    Quote Originally Posted by carsick View Post
    That shit is more funny because "old man superbike" at 1:03 is an image of 3 of our own NESR members.
    Well I don't know the members and still find it funny as hell

    Quote Originally Posted by carsick
    Maybe I'm old, but I can feel brain cells being killed when I take the clickbait and some idiot starts rambling about things that apparently interest them but really don't need to be spoken, because they HAVE NO VALUE!! Show me something neat, teach me something useful, make me laugh, make me think. None of this happens in the vast majority of the vlogs. "So, uhhh, whassup dudes, it's like Wednesday, and whoa hey there's a cop, so my buddy almost got a flat one time riding home and my phone says it's gonna rain tomorrow which sucks." Actually I just realized I was visualizing the scene as some flat straight bland place with nothing of note, the suburban USA bubs mentioned. I guess if I had to ride there I'd blather to myself, just to stay awake. But not gift it to the world.
    Yeah, there's tons of crap out there. Too bad its defining what motovlogging is/has become, maybe we need a better term for the channels that do things differently and better without all the baggage associated with vlogging. Motojournalist? ??

    Prove us wrong Tekime, make some good vids.
    In the words of my best friend: "I chuckled a bit. They aren't very good, but at least you're trying, and that's something."

    Maybe I'm paraphrasing a bit but don't get your hopes up, lol. But if you like watching someone who sounds half-retarded swearing constantly and entertaining strange topics like whether to infuse turtles with the personality of dogs OR just long-winded technical videos they'll be right up your alley!

    Seriously though, maybe I'll share a video when I get in my groove and/or I have anything the lot of you cynics can appreciate

    Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    I like watching Bub's falling down videos*. He has a sense of humor. More people need to show their own struggles, not just the best of what they do in a ride.

    *I don't like seeing riders get hurt. Squids, racers, whatever. I don't want to see that. No thanks. Just fun silly getoffs where everyone walks away.
    I've been watching crash vids on the reg since I started riding. I hate them but it keeps me in check, just a thing I make myself do.

    As far as struggles go, I completely agree. If I'm going to share my "journey on a motorcycle" I'm not just going to show the destination.

    Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    I'm glad my 0.589 seconds with ffmpeg and some half assed bash scripts can entertain. Nothing was seriously injured in the making of those videos, except my ego.
    Wait, are those enduro vids yours? You have 70k subscribers and you're converting video with bash?!! Sounds full-assed to me

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

  23. #23
    Super Moderator OreoGaborio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    MA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    37,346

    Re: Motovloggers

    Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    I'm sorry man. I make a concerted effort not to piss in the cheerios most times, but forums like this are really enough for sharing opinions for me. Broadcasting your opinions to the masses like some kind of messiah in a one sided discussion really is what gets under my skin.
    Here one can actively engage in discussion, for better or worse. Simply putting opinions out there like fact like bloggers typically do really annoys me for some reason.
    But go have your fun, just the same.
    This is exactly how I feel watching 99% of any vlogger video I see posted anywhere.

    "DUDE! SHUT THE FUCK UP AND RIDE! I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR OPINION ON THAT SOCCER MOM'S DRIVING ABILITY! GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE!"

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Pete LRRS/CCS #82 - ECK Racing, TonysTrackDays, Ironstone Ventures
    GMD Computrack Boston | Pine Motorparts/PBE Specialists | Phoenix Graphics | Woodcraft | Street & Competition | MTag-Pirelli | OnTrack Media

    The Garage: '03 Tuono | '06 SV650

  24. #24
    Burns retinas nhbubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Seacoast NH
    Posts
    17,108

    Re: Motovloggers

    Quote Originally Posted by Tekime View Post
    You have 70k subscribers...
    Yes, those are mine.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  25. #25

    Re: Motovloggers

    ^^ the videos are awesome!!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke: ** 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 500R **
    instagram @veshlife

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •