Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Motovloggers

Re: Motovloggers

huh interesting...about $1-$2 for every 1,000 views

plus affiliate, plus product sales, and patron accounts

damn...so much for retiring on my cali2smoke channel...smoking out the streets of socal

really puts youtube earning into perspective...seems worth it if you just enjoy the vlogging/editing anyways, but for me looks like quite a bit of work to make 1-2g...can likely make picking up extra shifts at work

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by breakdirt916; 11-01-16 at 11:21 PM.
    FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke:

Re: Motovloggers

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Yes, those are mine.
    Cool. Dub'd

Quote Originally Posted by breakdirt916 View Post
    huh interesting...about $1-$2 for every 1,000 views

plus affiliate, plus product sales, and patron accounts

damn...so much for retiring on my cali2smoke channel...smoking out the streets of socal

really puts youtube earning into perspective...seems worth it if you just enjoy the vlogging/editing anyways, but for me looks like quite a bit of work to make 1-2g...can likely make picking up extra shifts at work
    Before vlogging was a thing, I ran a big network of websites that included some hardware/technology review sites.

The ad revenue was great, but one of the added perks was the free stuff. Free computers/video cards/etc. The smart (er, business-minded) motovloggers leverage their viewership to get free gear, sell their own products, or otherwise monetize their popularity in addition to the YouTube ad revs. A few of these guys have apparently made some nice cash just selling their tee shirts. Now Yammie is trying to sell some eBook, which is kind of annoying but I get it.

$1-2 CPM is pretty typical, but I think YouTube takes 40% off that as well. CPM varies by category as well - not exactly sure how YouTube engineers things but different categories earn more, and I imagine the surge in crappy motovlogging has reduced ad revs for everyone.

Anyway - lots of other ways to monetize. Most of these guys don't know shit about it though and blindly try to squeeze money from their channel, suffocating it in the process.

In the end, a few hundred thousand views in the eyes of advertisers just isn't a huge deal. But a strong viewership that returns every couple days and actually "tunes in" is hugely valuable from a more um.. career-minded perspective. If I were Yammie for example, I'd immediately put together some cool branded gear to sell unobtrusively, and hit up more local shops and dealerships to discuss partnerships. Right now I think he's selling himself short with the "Gearbest" reviews.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12