Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So, in moving from Va. to Ma...

Common sense spoken here. toocrazy2yoo's Avatar

So, in moving from Va. to Ma...

If I have an "M" rating on my Va. DL, what am I gonna need to get it in Ma.? Does it tranfer, or do I need to do a "process"?

I won't even bother to ask if my CCW carries over..

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: So, in moving from Va. to Ma...

I had a VA licence and transfered over to MA just fine.

http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic306_2.gif

Hey Sarge..

So how'd your CCW carry over?

I dont shoot outside of the military..I shoot enough in the Infantry that weapons outside the military dont interest me.

Where in VA did you live?

Northern Virginia..Reston, near Dulles Airport. Moving up to Hamilton, Ma. in July

Did you serve in Virginia? I was in Oceana 76-82, boarded Nimitz outta Norfolk when we went to sea. Only guns I saw in the military were the 20MM cannons on the fighters and basic point defense and whatever the marines were guarding the special weps with when they came outta the hole..

You may not even have been born back then, I'm an old fuckah..

Nope I was born in '86 haha..I lived in Norfolk and VA Beach off of Birdneck with my girlfriend at the time...My godmothers husband was stationed at Oceana too as a MA. I didnt serve in VA just got wasted,had a few girl friends, and skateboarded haha

Welcome to the site man...See you in the North.

where the eff is Hamilton, MA ?

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Quote Originally Posted by DBKromz View Post
    where the eff is Hamilton, MA ?
    Next to me sucka. The romantic ride goes through parts of it. But you wouldn't know that because you never come...

Quote Originally Posted by schleppy View Post
    Next to me sucka. The romantic ride goes through parts of it. But you wouldn't know that because you never come...
    go sell your new bike to someone with 3 different names on NESR

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Why are you coming here when you are in a much better area? Family? It is the only reason I stay.

Hamilton's 30 or so miles outta Boston, North Shore. 15 miles NE of Salem, next to Essex, maybe 5 miles outta Gloucester.

Lilly-white, quiet, outrageous taxes. Overrides by the dozens.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctous View Post
    Why are you coming here when you are in a much better area? Family? It is the only reason I stay.
    You think No. Va. is a much better area? Go experience it. 2nd in shitty traffic only to L.A. County. I grew up down here, it's a nightmare. AOL, WorldCom, the Pentagon, not to mention Ground Zero of the governmental world order. Home to some of the most uptight assholes God hisself ever put on this Earth. 20 or 30 governmental police agencies have full jurisdiction EVERYWHERE, I tell ya, it's the friggin Kremlin down there. It makes me sick just to think what it's become the last 20 years.

Ma's peeps settled outta Greece in Peabody back in 1905, she grew up there and in Marblehead and left. I never laid eyes on New England until Fall of 2001 when my Pop kicked over from cancer. Gotta cool couple of cousins up there, been coming up 6 or 8 times a year since. Ma passed away a couple of weeks ago, my daughter is in college at ODU in Norfolk now and doesn't much need me anymore (although she's gonna make the trip up on the back of the new bike next month), and my ex-wife is a biscuit or two over 400 lbs now, and remarried. I got nothing left to stay in Va. for. It's over and I couldn't be happier. Smokes are gonna cost more, but I'll find me a new chick, I'll have a new bike, gotta couple of cars and plenty of inherited dough to see me though. Life is gonna be swwwweeet!

Soon's I saw the area in 2001, I knew I was coming up for good. And I ain't lookin' back. For me, New England is the shit. And, next door in Wenham is Schleppy to go hook up wit somma you boys to go fry a little pavement with, and if I'm lucky, maybe one-a yer wives, sisters or grrrlfriends gotta single chickie friend looking ta hook up with a modestly well-heeled dood with a new bike and a sense o'humor, who knows?

Assuming of course, she can get past that redneck accent and dumb-ass, shit-eatin' southern grin..

Last edited by toocrazy2yoo; 05-30-09 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by toocrazy2yoo View Post
    You think No. Va. is a much better area? Go experience it. 2nd in shitty traffic only to L.A. County. I grew up down here, it's a nightmare. AOL, WorldCom, the Pentagon, not to mention Ground Zero of the governmental world order. Home to some of the most uptight assholes God hisself ever put on this Earth. 20 or 30 governmental police agencies have full jurisdiction EVERYWHERE, I tell ya, it's the friggin Kremlin down there. It makes me sick just to think what it's become the last 20 years.

Ma's peeps settled outta Greece in Peabody back in 1905, she grew up there and in Marblehead and left. I never laid eyes on New England until Fall of 2001 when my Pop kicked over from cancer. Gotta cool couple of cousins up there, been coming up 6 or 8 times a year since. Ma passed away a couple of weeks ago, my daughter is in college at ODU in Norfolk now and doesn't much need me anymore (although she's gonna make the trip up on the back of the new bike next month), and my ex-wife is a biscuit or two over 400 lbs now, and remarried. I got nothing left to stay in Va. for. It's over and I couldn't be happier. Smokes are gonna cost more, but I'll find me a new chick, I'll have a new bike, gotta couple of cars and plenty of inherited dough to see me though. Life is gonna be swwwweeet!

Soon's I saw the area in 2001, I knew I was coming up for good. And I ain't lookin' back. For me, New England is the shit. And, next door in Wenham is Schleppy to go hook up wit somma you boys to go fry a little pavement with, and if I'm lucky, maybe one-a yer wives, sisters or grrrlfriends gotta single chickie friend looking ta hook up with a modestly well-heeled dood with a new bike and a sense o'humor, who knows?

Assuming of course, she can get past that redneck accent and dumb-ass, shit-eatin' southern grin..

I use to live in prince william county, dale city to be exact and i know what your talking about. i was a little kid and i remember the ridiculous shit that use to happen. i lived in a cul-de-sac and my family was the only one who wasnt involved with a government agency. My neighbor was the head plumber for the white house. he use to get drunk and tell us if you flushed every toilet in the white house at the same time and hed be working for a decade.

as far as the license goes no issue, it will all carry over. The only issue you might have is how mass interprets your driving record. My dad got a illegal operation ticket for a taillight and when we moved back mass took it as driving without a license and the insurance companies tried to surcharge him

the most important choice in life is if you want to be a tigger or a eeyore

Well, Massachusetts is gonna LOVE my driving record. No tickets, no accidents in over 14 years. I figured out a long time ago, car tickets are wasted points. I did commercial telecom in the D.C. area for about 20 years after the service and only got points on the bike. At some point, I figured out that if I kept the stoopid rat racing on the bike out in the hills of the Shenandoah Valley and chilled in the suburbs, AND learned how to manage traffic court, I'd quit getting points. I'm golden now. I dunno what goes on with group gropes up there, but if it involves crazy stuff, I'll be fading away. Every rally and/or poker run I ever went on down in Va. involved doods crashing or getting tickets, so I just quit riding with others. After my divorce 17 years back, unless the chick of the month had a girlfriend with a boyfriend on a bike for us to go off with, I never rode in a group after about 1990. Doods down there wanna ride side-by-side or tailgate, so without firm rules, I don't ride with anyone but a chick on the back. You doods seem a lot more sensible in that regard, but I might have that wrong, too, cause at heart, I'm a moron.

I don't fear death, I fear not getting croaked and winding up in between healthy and dead, for life. First rule of this stuff, especially on the street is, no one gets hurt. So no stoopid stuff. And any nutty stuff needs to be twisties far, far away from traffic and preferably during the week when the morons in cars are at work. Anyone can go out on the Pike, 128 or I-95 and yank the throttle, but to me, the twisties are the art form and straight line interstate high speeds are for morons, given the laser and radar the Law uses these days. Dunno about Massachusetts, but in Va., 100MPH will get your ass cuffed and thrown in the back, and if you run and don't get away, they WILL pummel yer ass when they catch you, so I don't do that stuff. Maybe I oughtta paint my bike pink for that attitude, but through two bikes and a hundred and 20 or 30 K over thirty years' time, the shiny side is still up and I wanna keep it that way. Yall will never get me out on the track, been there done that at Summit Point years ago, but rides, I'm game.

Prince William County, Va. Redneck wonderland. Yeah, I was married and hadda house out there in Manassas in my married days. Lotta fat broads out there, my ex-wife included. Only thing there is an excellent motorcycle dealer and shop. Excellent chick-to-dood ratio in the D.C. area too if you filter out the fat chix. Even an ugly bastard like me can get chix in the D.C. area. And, there's a HELL of a lot of good riding to do down there, but other than that, Northern Va. and the D.C. area in general can lick me. But I'm not bitter or nuttin'

Suffice to say, I'm lookin' forward to the move North.

Last edited by toocrazy2yoo; 05-31-09 at 05:17 AM.

Hamilton's 30 or so miles outta Boston, North Shore. 15 miles NE of Salem, next to Essex, maybe 5 miles outta Gloucester.

Lilly-white, quiet, outrageous taxes. Overrides by the dozens.
    Well the good news is your only about 40 or so miles from the New Hampshire border....the bad news is the traffic around that area your moving to.

Some great Mountain riding up in NH man (RT112 FYI)....goodluck with the move

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

Well, Massachusetts is gonna LOVE my driving record. No tickets, no accidents in over 14 years. I figured out a long time ago, car tickets are wasted points. I did commercial telecom in the D.C. area for about 20 years after the service and only got points on the bike. At some point, I figured out that if I kept the stoopid rat racing on the bike out in the hills of the Shenandoah Valley and chilled in the suburbs, AND learned how to manage traffic court, I'd quit getting points. I'm golden now. I dunno what goes on with group gropes up there, but if it involves crazy stuff, I'll be fading away. Every rally and/or poker run I ever went on down in Va. involved doods crashing or getting tickets, so I just quit riding with others. After my divorce 17 years back, unless the chick of the month had a girlfriend with a boyfriend on a bike for us to go off with, I never rode in a group after about 1990. Doods down there wanna ride side-by-side or tailgate, so without firm rules, I don't ride with anyone but a chick on the back. You doods seem a lot more sensible in that regard, but I might have that wrong, too, cause at heart, I'm a moron.

I don't fear death, I fear not getting croaked and winding up in between healthy and dead, for life. First rule of this stuff, especially on the street is, no one gets hurt. So no stoopid stuff. And any nutty stuff needs to be twisties far, far away from traffic and preferably during the week when the morons in cars are at work. Anyone can go out on the Pike, 128 or I-95 and yank the throttle, but to me, the twisties are the art form and straight line interstate high speeds are for morons, given the laser and radar the Law uses these days. Dunno about Massachusetts, but in Va., 100MPH will get your ass cuffed and thrown in the back, and if you run and don't get away, they WILL pummel yer ass when they catch you, so I don't do that stuff. Maybe I oughtta paint my bike pink for that attitude, but through two bikes and a hundred and 20 or 30 K over thirty years' time, the shiny side is still up and I wanna keep it that way. Yall will never get me out on the track, been there done that at Summit Point years ago, but rides, I'm game.

Prince William County, Va. Redneck wonderland. Yeah, I was married and hadda house out there in Manassas in my married days. Lotta fat broads out there, my ex-wife included. Only thing there is an excellent motorcycle dealer and shop. Excellent chick-to-dood ratio in the D.C. area too if you filter out the fat chix. Even an ugly bastard like me can get chix in the D.C. area. And, there's a HELL of a lot of good riding to do down there, but other than that, Northern Va. and the D.C. area in general can lick me. But I'm not bitter or nuttin'

Welcome! You have made some great posts. Lookin' forward to a ride. I work up near MotoMarket (trust me, you'll eventually end up there) and am always up a for a lunch ride.

I lived in Northern VA for a couple years and I absolutely hated it. It's the most over-developed and over-populated bland-fest I've ever experienced. If there was any sort of nature or windy road the developers would tear it all down and build a fucking shopping mall over it. And it didn't matter if there was another mall 5 miles away, they just keep building and building and building.

I'll pass on NoVA.

Pave paradise...

100% agree with this post........welcome to taxachusetts

2006 Red Triumph Daytona 675

Welcome to the northshore. I'm next door in Ipswich.

Schleppy, when is your next romantic ride?

I'll do one when the weather clears up. Maybe Friday?

Yeah, and what's romantic about it?

Yeah, and what's romantic about it?
    Don't you worry about that.

This guy sounds cool. Welcome to the forum

He also sounds like a perfect candidate to get coerced into riding the track with the rest of us crazies

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldan View Post
    100% agree with this post........welcome to taxachusetts
    Get ready to give half your life in a check to the Gov for his new SUV

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast