Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Mutual Enterprises in Springfield MA?

Don't run with the pack. whynot's Avatar

Mutual Enterprises in Springfield MA?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    And don't believe everything you think.

Re: Mutual Enterprises in Springfield MA?

I haven't, but my friend just sold him a couple bikes. Apparently the guy specializes in getting anyone financed. He also is very good at going around and offering people cash to get his inventory cheap, then adds $1500 to the price and flips them fast. I guess he moves a lot of bikes that way.

14 Triumph Street Triple R, 18 TM 450SMX sumo, 15 Husky 250SXF tard, 14 KTM 250SXF and Cole's Grom
    LRRS/CCS #66
    Thank you to my sponsors: Sidi / AMSOIL / Klutch Industries

Lifer

They were known to be real shady in the past. I am pretty sure the BORN site had several threads about this place. Maybe some of the former members can add to it. Ive never dealt with them but was always warned not to.

Thanks. Prices on some of the bikes for sale look pretty reasonable. I'm always looking for an interesting bike, and came across Mutual while perusing cycletrader.

Lots of used bikes out there. Better to flip them if you can.

Out of curiosity, I recently put one of my bikes into rumbleon, got an offer that would be good if I'm dead and my survivors want to raise cash quick.

I bought a bike there. It's like 4 dudes in a building the size of a shed where they do paperwork and registration. The bikes sit in a warehouse out back. If I had to guess I'd say they wash them, maybe change the oil a just flip them back for sale. I went and looked at the bike first to check it out, put a deposit down and came back with my own financing. Nothing scummy or any red flags. They pedal that "we finance anyone" and "bad credit no credit low credit" but I'm sure that's not a concern of yours. Anyways, bike turned out fine. I rode it for a bunch of miles and sold it for 300$ more than I bought it for.

I think maybe the dealership Eric is talking about is/was shark cycle in Stafford CT. That guy is a real shit bag.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by 01xj; 04-23-19 at 12:28 AM.

^^ Thanks. So buying from Mutual is maybe something like buying from a private party, or NPS's "WHOLESALE-AS IS" bikes.

I thought one difference buying from Mutual might be the "lemon laws" in MA (Used Vehicle Warranty Law), but for used, does not apply to motorcycles (but does apply to new bikes for sales by dealers). Interesting, the "used" lemon law for cars applies to private sales, too.
    Purchasing a USED car? Here’s what the Lemon Law means for you. | Mass Consumer Affairs Blog

The few times I've been to NPS Pembroke, I've wandered their cavernous warehouse with it's endless rows of bikes, I did detect humans 'way off in the distance, but was never approached by sales staff.

Lifer

I think National is no different than craigslist private party. U browse their inventory, most of is isn’t actually available,and a lot are “opportunity vehicles” with things wrong with them. They advertise no dealer fees, but their premium used are top dollar, and their opportunity bikes aren’t priced like you’d find on CL needing work, and they don’t budge. The only way to buy from National is brand new Triumph, since the prices listed are the same as the triumph website so u know there actually aren’t fees.

Which is sorta what I plan to do, just deciding between the speed twin and street twin. Speed seems like a no brained, but I haven’t confirmed but have heard torque on the Stree is comparable to the Speed and it weighs a little more so maybe it’s better for my build.
    Quote Originally Posted by whynot View Post
    ^^ Thanks. So buying from Mutual is maybe something like buying from a private party, or NPS's "WHOLESALE-AS IS" bikes.

I thought one difference buying from Mutual might be the "lemon laws" in MA (Used Vehicle Warranty Law), but for used, does not apply to motorcycles (but does apply to new bikes for sales by dealers). Interesting, the "used" lemon law for cars applies to private sales, too.
    Purchasing a USED car? Here’s what the Lemon Law means for you. | Mass Consumer Affairs Blog

The few times I've been to NPS Pembroke, I've wandered their cavernous warehouse with it's endless rows of bikes, I did detect humans 'way off in the distance, but was never approached by sales staff.

Quote Originally Posted by whynot View Post

Mutual is just high inventory quick sales. I think you can find good bikes there at a reasonable price. You can haggle with them, they are not a "this is our final price" type of place. I'm not sure what their warranty policy is. The bike I bought was almost new so I hardly gave the warranty a thought. Bike ran fine when I test rode it and stayed that way for the duration of my ownership.

Yeah, the bike he bought from my buddy was an fz-07 that was only like 2 years old with no miles. It was an impulse buy on my friends part and he never rode it.

14 Triumph Street Triple R, 18 TM 450SMX sumo, 15 Husky 250SXF tard, 14 KTM 250SXF and Cole's Grom
    LRRS/CCS #66
    Thank you to my sponsors: Sidi / AMSOIL / Klutch Industries

Quote Originally Posted by 01xj View Post
    Mutual is just high inventory quick sales. I think you can find good bikes there at a reasonable price. You can haggle with them, they are not a "this is our final price" type of place. I'm not sure what their warranty policy is. The bike I bought was almost new so I hardly gave the warranty a thought. Bike ran fine when I test rode it and stayed that way for the duration of my ownership.
    Sounds like a good plan, quick sales. I can't see how the big places with huge inventories can carry them for so long, but what do I know. Back in Nov 2016, I bought my '05 Multistrada from a dealer who had held on to it for at least 6 months. Being November, they finally started dropping the price, and when it was $1500 less than their first price, I went for it, with new tires and battery and full service (they said).

The wife bought her ninja 300 there. It was immaculate and had no issues the entire time she owned it. Price was really good too!

LRRS AM#721 / RSP Racing / MTAG Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear
    2003 Honda CBR600RR / 2009 Kawasaki ER6N / 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300