Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Name a dealership that did something nice for you

To keep the tires: Who and where to mount them, thread from going Wal Mart "low prices always".......and why not?

While I may buy on the internet to save money sometimes, here's the opportunity to "Plug" your local dealership who actually DID something good for you. Be it: Service, attitude or pricing.

Stealership critic Suf Daddy actually is going to patronize a local Northshore Beverly Honda Dealership because the manager actually did a GREAT thing for customer retention. (IMHO)

My brother bought me a tire for Christmas, and with the receipt, gave me (in the mail) a check refund for the price my bro paid this February.

So I'm going back to their dealership, to pick up some gloves, clearance leathers or other consumables....in appreciation.

and if I save enough money from being "cheap" I may buy some of their showroom stock in the years ahead.................

-Suf Daddy

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Suf Daddy.

When I had my RF900R and it was still under warranty, Cycle World in Londonderry, NH treated me like a king. That was from like, '94-'97. Once that warranty was up though, the bottom fell out...

They went so far as to pull brandy new plastic off a floor model for my bike after a minor spill. They didn't think it was fair that I hadta wait 4-6 weeks for the insurance company to get their shit together. Dropped the bike off the day after I spilled, picked it up later that night...

That's just a small example of the stuff they did for me, way back when...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

I will always do buisness with Land Air Honda/ Suzuki on Kellogg Rd in Essex Jct , VT.
    Last year they sold me my Busa for the price I wanted with little to no trouble.
    They know I do my own service, but whenever I needed them in a pinch they have rolled me in and out without an appointment for a few little things.
    (I.E.) Going on vacation last year internet suppliers did not ship my Michelin Pilots in a timely manner . I had maybe 500 miles left on my rubber but was going to need more than that for my trip.
    Called down and they did me a Dunlop 207 for a really decent price and mounted it while I waited that day.
    Also when I changed my chain and sprockets and didn't have the crimping tool for the master link I rolled in and they did it for free on the spot.
    Also in between purchasing my Busa and taking delivery, I bought some goodies for it and they did all the mounting work for no additional charge.
    I have bought 2 new bikes from them in the past 3 years, but they treat all my riding partners just as well when service is needed even though they didn't buy there.
    I beleive they truly know the value of the Customer.

TIMMYDUCK

Morrison Cycle in Madbury.
    Took one in for a valve job. Received the bike back with valve job (done very well), clutch cable and lever adjusted, chain tension adjusted and rear wheel aligned; $65.

He does all of my street work forever and ever now.

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

Great Bay Triumph and Ducati in N. Hampton, N.H.

2003 Yamaha R6
    1999 Yamaha YZ400

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

Depot Honda/Kawasaki in Rye NH matched Ron Ayers prices when I ordered $1,400 worth of 9R parts last year.

Leighton's in Lee NH swapped shims for free and gave my wife a free state inspection (they said it was because of a hassle we had with the title for a used bike she bought there, but I think it was because she's got nice tits ).

I got a free t-shirt when i bought a $7k bike from GBM?

"You never see a motorcycle parked outside of a psychiatrists office"

Originally posted by stoinkythepig
    (...but I think it was because she's got nice tits ).
    I'll do a free inspection!!!

...and gave my wife a free state inspection (they said it was because of a hassle we had with the title for a used bike she bought there, but I think it was because she's got nice tits ).
    It's funny you mention this. The above dealer that USED TO treat me like gold used to gimme a small discount on parts & supplies. But my wife could walk in there to get something FOR ME, and she'd get a better discount...

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

Originally posted by Stoneman
    It's funny you mention this. The above dealer that USED TO treat me like gold used to gimme a small discount on parts & supplies. But my wife could walk in there to get something FOR ME, and she'd get a better discount...
    Now I'm sure.

Sky Cycle in Lunenburg, MA is the only dealer I've found in MA that I would buy or have anything serviced from that wasn't more then a few bucks, for anywhere in Eastern, MA.

Ronnies Cycles in the western part of the state has always treated me well also. But they are a bit far away. I did buy my current bike from them though.

StumpyNB
    '11 Kawasaki Ninja 1000

Everybody to the limit!

See valve thread in bike maintenance.

Readers Digest Condensed: I like Naults Windham Motorcycles!

Originally posted by TIMMYDUCK
    I will always do buisness with Land Air Honda/ Suzuki on Kellogg Rd in Essex Jct , VT.
    Land Air is really good. I also like them because I live right down the road from them.

Roadside Marine on Industrial Ave in Williston VT is also very good. They do very good work, and they have a very good selection of new and used bikes

Io amo la mia Ninja.
    Fai una cavalcata con me.

they said it was because of a hassle we had with the title for a used bike she bought there, but I think it was because she's got nice tits ).
    Thanks to the Mrs. I'll have to recommend M.O.M.'s in Manchester, at least they're parts dept since I'm leary of their service personnel. The wife befriended one of the parts counter guys (Justin) and he has ever since given us great deals on anything and everything they sell. Ask for him and tell him Kim or Ken sent you and he's likely to cut you a deal. In the past he's given us deals on stuff that I couldn't even beat if I went the eBay route. It helps to have a nice set of tits too

Preemptive "HOLY SHIT OMG MOM's is soooo expensive. You'd have to be an a-hole to buy anthing there! LOLOL!!". I don't recommend purchasing a bike there, just parts and only from this particular person.

Justin at MOM's is a super guy. I deal with him once in a while, and happened to deliver him 20 new Michelin's two weeks ago.

As for their bikes, they do have a huge selection of used machines, the biggest I've ever seen in this country.

Putting his hands in the air, like he just doesn't care.
    Check out my eBay store!
    Dave - Motorace - Michelin

I kick hippies...and Kham Nikon's Avatar

Although I am not really near anyone else , or shall I say that the vast contingent of this board is not near me, I will though mention that the dealershipI frequent is awesome. Dan in their parts Dept is great. I like places that hook up their frequent flyers and a case of beer or a $20 handshake will go a LONG way. That's my kind of place. The dealer is Roadside Marine in WIilliston VT.

I will also give some jeers to Land/Air in Colchester VT for their usually rather poor service. Hoever, I have found one guy there (Don) that treats me well. They tend to be rather pushy there and I have gotten the sense that I am being looked down on when it comes to knowledge.

When I was first looking to buy a bike - I knew nothing. I know a little bit now but instead of giving me knowledge like Roadside did, Land/Air seemed to think "this guy knows nothing - let's take advantage of him". I don't feel like I can trust most of the people there.

I believe that TIMMYDUCK is aLand/Air guy though so he may have something different to say about them....

EDIT: hehe, I guess I should have read all the other posts before I added....then I would have seen coffee and TIMMYDUCK's posts....oops

Bras cause cancer.

I've got a couple dealerships to give a good thumps up to, first being my local dealer, Razee Motorcycle Center in North Kingstown, RI. Can't say enough good things about there service department, parts department, and sales department. They get 90% of my Mc business They've even gone as far as to help me register bikes i bought from other dealers
    Usually it's not a price issue when i go to other dealers, it's more of a supply issue and he can't get what i want when i want it... blame yamaha for not making enough bikes i guess..

Second is Columbia Motorsports in Columbia, Ct. I bought my 03 R6 there when my local dealer couldn't get me the color i wanted. It was well worth the drive for me as i got a pretty hefty discount without much bullshit. I've heard good things about their service department as well.

Third is Central Sports in Taftville Ct. I used to deal direct with the owner (Brian Birchman) and got some killer deals on bikes. great to buy bikes from but stay away from his service department (or at least back then, haven't been there in 3 years)

And i've delt with some real turds but we'll save that for another thread

Yamaha

New England Motorsports in Webster, MA did good by me & some of my buddies at work.

All just minor stuff like oil changes, but they took me on short notice, and did the job while i was at work... no "three weeks for an oil change" type of crap like some other places.

The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple.

Roadside Marine in WIilliston VT saved my ass on one of our vt trips. i had a rear tire problem, found roadside bought a tire, but they couldn't change it or mount it for me. we borrowed all the tools i'd need to take the tire off then one of the parts guys took it in and mounted the tire for me.

they saved my ass big time!

right now the only dealer i'd buy a bike from is http://www.keenemotorsports.com/

good prices, service and no bullshit.

jim

"Molon labe"

I kick hippies...and Kham Nikon's Avatar

Originally posted by sandman
    Roadside Marine in WIilliston VT saved my ass on one of our vt trips. i had a rear tire problem, found roadside bought a tire, but they couldn't change it or mount it for me. we borrowed all the tools i'd need to take the tire off then one of the parts guys took it in and mounted the tire for me.
    so when were you up here and didn't get ahold of me?

Bras cause cancer.

OK, I know I'm goin to get beat up for this one.. but they have never told me that my cylinders are scored from wheelieng too much.

for the past 90,000 miles my SV has been serviced by Rochester Motorsports. with only one exception, my Sv has been ready for me to pick up the same day that I have dropped it off for service.

they give my 15% discount on parts & labor and install tires that I purchase over the internet. ..... except for the supermotard tires I buy in the winter though, I buy all my parts thru RMS

when I pick my bike up, Jon, the mechanic goes over with me what he has done, and gives me a list of things I should order before the next service and things I should keep my eye on.

during the riding season, they see my SV on average every 3 weeks

Honda (RC26) VFR700
    "hey Randy, do a wheelie!!"

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

the trip i'm referring to was in 2001

and you weren't around in 2001

jim

"Molon labe"

Originally posted by RandyO
    hee hee.
    as beet would say, "wrong lever."

The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple.

Keene Motorsports (used to be Scott Motorsports) is decent. They have always treated me well with parts.

Sky Cycle has gone up in my little book. I went down there with a handful of old rusty valve shims that were all too thick for my bike, and the head mechanic swapped out the ones I needed from his stash in straight trade for mine. No $$, no bullshit. He even mic'd them to make sure they were true readings labeled on them. I also took my Ducati wheels to have tires (bought over the internet) put on it a week before I sold it, and they didn't charge me to dispose the old ones (like they said they would), did them right away, and charged me $10 less than what they originally told me over the phone.

Sky Cycle Salvage also gets my nod for one specific guy. He's tall and has a long beard. He hooked me up with 32 of those used valve shims for $15. He also helped take them out of two engines and supplied the tools on a rainey thanksgiving weekend. Just get him started on tree-huggers and he'll bend over backward for ya!

Cycle Design can suck my ballz

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast