Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Name the worst dealership!!

Just what it says, name it and why!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Collision Pros Racing

JMR Honda in Yarmouth on cape cod sucks.... had them do a last minute brake job for me on my FZR1k before heading up to Laconia one year (I didn't have the time to do it... only needed new front pads n bleeding). Well long story short didn't feel right braking on the highway (on my way to NH) stopped and looked to find one of my front calipers just barely attached! One bolt was missing (fallen out?) and the other was so loose the caliper was moving back n forth on the rotor! Gave them an earfull and made them find me a new bolt fast!

Yamaha Kawasaki Polaris of Laconia NH. I made i deal on a quad over the phone with them and as it was, was far from a good deal but they did have the quad i wanted I made the 3 hour drive up there on a saturday morning to make the trade and buy the new quad. I get there, the salesman sales hello and all seems well, we even unload the mint Banshee i was trading in so he could drive it around the parking lot to make sure everything worked well. I get inside to sign some papers and he tells me he can't do it for the price we talked about over the phone and wanted $1k more. i turned around and walked out.
    2 thumbs down to that dealership

Cycle Design in Phillipston? Mass, What a bunch of asses!! I went there for a R6 and it took 2 hours to haggle over the price and onaother hour to set the bike up after that. I handed the guy the money to show i was serious and said that is the amount i'm paying for this bike. It was full MSRP for what it's worth, the guy tried $20 at a time to try and get more money, i asked for the money back probably a half dozen times before he finally gave in to the amount i gave him

Yamaha

brockton cycle center

i bought a new gpz 750. i finance it, when i go to pick it up there's a dent in the tank. i'm promised a new tank for the next two years.
    from day one there's something wrong with the front forks. the bike feel very loose and they can never find anything wrong with it. the fork bushings were toast.

1987 trade i the 750 for a new leftover 900

i plan on riding the bike home. all is well until i try to stop, the bike has no brakes. i end up riding up onto the sidewalk and into a parking lot while downshifting to stop the bike.

never again

jim

"Molon labe"

Originally posted by GadgettR1
    JMR Honda in Yarmouth on cape cod sucks....

I agree Chip, JMR-Jack My Rod Honda

One of the mechanics took my buddies bike out for a 'test ride' (CBR929) and crashed it, all my friend needed was a service of fluids, My friend went in the next day and asked about his bike...JMR told him that they were broken into and his bike was stolen. I haven't talked to my friend lately but I believe he got a lawyer and is suing them.BTW JMR said because the bike was stolen that it had nothing to do with them and it was up to him to find a way to deal with it.

http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic306_2.gif

Cycle Design can suck my balls.

Try sitting there off season for 45 minutes waiting with nobody in front of you to buy a can of god damn PJ1. The guy just kept on chatting on the phone about some wedding bullshit until I yelled and left.

Friend picked up an old FZR750 when he bought it new there. They handed him the keys and said "It's all set to go". Oil light wouldn't turn off when he started it. It was DRY. Fucktards.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

RSVMILLE661

Depot Honda in Rye..

When I bought my superchicken I went there first. Looked at a 99 and 2000 CBR600F4. Also a superchicken while there too. I decided it would be best to do a deal over the phone so I called in and worked out all the numbers with a sales guy over the phone for an out the door price on the left over 99F4.

I get there and start to sign the paperwork and the owner bitch decided that she would handle the paperwork and charge me damn near 1200.00 for freight and set up bringing the total to with-in 400.00 of a new CBR. So I asked if I could get the new one at that price instead and she said sure..so ok.. I'll get a new bike then she added the same 1200.00 to it.. I was like WTF perhaps your math and my math don't add up.. or you don't understand the words that are coming out of my mouth. I left and drove to RMS where I bought my 99 Superchicken left over at cost and with a free HJC CL-12..

I then heard about how the fork lift operator dropped 2 brand new RC-51's off the truck damaging them both and she still tried to sell them at 2000.00 above retail.

Originally posted by DaSpence
    I agree Chip, JMR-Jack My Rod Honda

One of the mechanics took my buddies bike out for a 'test ride' (CBR929) and crashed it, all my friend needed was a service of fluids, My friend went in the next day and asked about his bike...JMR told him that they were broken into and his bike was stolen. I haven't talked to my friend lately but I believe he got a lawyer and is suing them.BTW JMR said because the bike was stolen that it had nothing to do with them and it was up to him to find a way to deal with it.
    The dealership most likely told him that he should have insurance that would cover it. Unfortunately, this is a pretty common place dealership standpoint on these issues. I am dealing with something similiar where I work right now and I know that it can suck for everyone involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Omahastylin16 View Post
    thats just one of the reasons why D is an example of the perfect woman rather than typical

MTR in Woonsocket, RI They want top$$ for everything they and will just let their bike sit if people won't pay. I was in there about a monthago and they had a couple brand new '02's on the floor.

I was there because a friend of mine was looking around and I got talking to the salesman about my bike and service etc... Of course I wanted to see what kind of a price they had on my bike. He said the retail was $8500 but he could let me have it out the door for $8200-$8300(wow now maa can have that operation). I told him mine for $7500 out the door. He started gettin pissed..."oh we could never get that low". And then went on to tell me not to look there for any warranty work.
    Not that I was planning to because I had already heard some horror stories about their service dept.

They play on the fact that they are the only dealership in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Greater Boston Motorsports, and their 'sister stores' in everett, and Beverly. Overpriced bikes, horrible service. Never heard a single good story, and have had several bad ones of my own. (technically, I've never been to the one in Beverly)

Unfortunately this thread could go on forever, there are no shortage of bad dealerships out there that have tried to screw people.

StumpyNB
    '11 Kawasaki Ninja 1000

NESR Booster

Freedom Honda in Belmont N.H. These fuckers would't sell me a bike even if I were Donald Trump. I have never been so pissed off at anyone in my life as that little fuck...acting like his shit don't stink...anyway. I won't bore you with the story because it dosen't matter....the place went out of buisness about 2 months ago....huh.... I wonder why?...NOT. Now there sister store Freedom cycle in Concord N.H. is the complete opposite. Great service ( see Pat in sales) and there shit stinks as bad as mine. They maybe a little pricey but what dealership isn't.Rock

Rochester Motorsports, in Rochester, NH. Never bought any thing big from 'em, but I've dealt with their service department ONCE. Never again...

A coupla years ago, I brought my Y2K TL-R to them 'cuz it was running REALLY rough. Ya gotta bear in mind here, that me bringing a bike to a dealership for service is an absolute LAST DITCH reaction...

To make a long story short, they told me my cams were scored. They insisted this was caused by me starving the cylinders of oil by wheelying too much. Now, in all honesty, I REALLY don't do too much of that stuff. Try tellin' 'em that though. They basically told me the engine was poop, and they'd hafta tear it all down and replace the cam, but insisted I should start a search for a new engine...

Make a long story short: The problem turned out to be my fuel relay switch. Turns out it had become dislodged from it's mounting perch. It would just kinda dangle and bounce around, thus sending false signals to the computer. This was causing the stumbling and such...

The fix? Simply slide the relay back onto the perch and wire tie it to prevent it from happening again...

Makes one wonder...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

RSVMILLE661

I used to work there.. (in sales) our slogan after they left was fuck you very much for buying a bike from us..

The sales guys are honestly ok there, some of the parts guys are ok Although now that Jason Hillsgrove and Tony Luongo (both DART riders) have left its.. The service writer at the time Jay brought his bike in was an asshole that no one liked so bad infact that he had several people waiting for him in the parking lot at times after work. The only tech I would reccommend to anyone is Seth.

Hey Rock, Freedom Honda didn't close they just moved down the road to Tilton.
    As for them they suck because 3 years ago at the races when it was pouring down rain. At there tent at the race track we saw them upping the prices on cheap rain gear from 39 bucks to 79 buck.

TIMMYDUCK

NESR Booster

Yes....I found that out yesterday. As far as jacking their prices up....it dosen't surprise me. Hopefully they won't last in Tilton either. I can't understand how the Concord store can be so much better and let that store get away with the shit they pull....

I talked to a friend there today he said that freedom honda not only moved but was bought out by another company. I was in the tilton store this weekend and there are still the same sales people there. I used to live there now I'm in Rhode Island. I tried to buy bikes from them 3 times and they never gave me any deal they sucked then they suck now and they will suck later.
    Now that i live in Rhode island i get to deal with MTR racing

You suck at life. Why don't you quit?

My dad told me I could be anything I wanted when I grew up. So I became an Asshole.

I live in North Smithfield and I wont go to MTR for anything, they seem to shady for me. If I need anything done, it will be Razee's. Also this Yamaha dealer in Auburn MA seems pretty good. They want $26 to mount and high speed balance a tire that I didnt even buy from them.

Sky Cycle in Lunenburg has to be the worst dealership on the planet. They ripped me off for about 2 grand when I was a kid just out of high school looking to get a bike. They talked me into "putting it on layaway", then sold the bike on me, refusing to refund my money.
    My neighbor brought his bike to them for a carb rebuild a few years back and they stripped off the cylinder head and buckets, replaced them with damaged parts of some other bike and returned the whole mess back to him in a box saying they couldn't fix it.
    I live just up the street from them now and wouldn't buy so much as a spark plug off the q-tip headed owner or his "ron jeremy's mini me" sales manager. I hope they get analy raped by a pack of rabid dobermans.

I always go to North Reading Motorsports, it's out of the way but he sold me my F4 for well under MSRP, not a leftover either. I'm buying the 1000 RR from him this year.

No, Donny, these men are nihilists. There's nothing to be afraid of.

- Mike
    CBR 1000 RR
    CBR 600 F4

Rick's Motorcycles in Plaistow NH

May be not technically a dealer (althought hey do sell rebuilt junk bikes for as much as non salvege bikes) the service guys put a wheel back together wrong on me, causing the swing arm to get scored, the crush drive to disintegrate and all kinds of other things. They denied any responsabillity and refused to make it right. Then, the parts guy lied to me after I bought a gas tank. He told me that I could take it home and return it if it wasn't the correct year's shade of blue. It wasn't and he wouldn't take it back and told me he never said that. Huh? I drempt a conversation? Fuckerwithout one and all.

ken

'05 DL1000k / '02 DR650se
    04 FXDXi (RIP)
    '04 SV650s(gone)
    '99 ZX-9r (squirl's new ride: RIP)
    2k1 GSXR750(stolen-RIP)
    2k3 KLX400sr(gone)

Thumbs down Plaistow Power Sports

Hey there..

Just got back from Plaistow Powersports from their big weekend sale. (After going to the UNH show.. which I think I saw a NESR booth.. would have stopped to chat.. but your booth was packed)

So, on Sat my gal was looking for a new ride.. She found out they had a left over 2003 SV650s. Now she is a stern bargainer, and not afraid to do dealings. Heck I used her to help me haggle on my car.

Well, being upfront she told him that she was interested in this bike. And there would be a trade in (91 GS500s) and she would like to finance through them. So she managed to talk them down to 5500 for the SV, and they said they might be able to give 1k for trade on her old bike. Now, I wasn't chatting, but just listening, it was such a nice deal, I was going to maybe ask about the SV1000 03 they had..

Sunday, she drove her bike out to Plaistow to have them look at what they could do for her trade in. Well, after they looked at her bike, they stated they could give up to 900. Not too shabby, for a bike that is that old, and mildy scratched.

But when it came to paperwork.... the base price of the bike jumped to 5800. My woman was wondering what happened here? I too was confused.

Seems the guy said "If this was a cash buy, we could give 5500", but since we had to finance and had a trade. They couldn't give us the lower price. Even after my lady came out on Sat what her intentions were. And the "sales manager" wasn't any help. (We didn't actually talk to him, our sales guy didn't bring him over as he stated he would)

The guy couldn't even look her in the eye directly when telling this to her, and he seemed to be looking to me to calm my lady down. (F that, I do not want to be on her bad side )

So we walked. But my lady is pissed at this "almost" bait and switch manuver. My apologies if any of you work there, but that was a low blow. I know $300 isn't a lot to most people, but come on.

On a side note, any one know a place with a decent stock of sv650s new or used? I think she might even do a older style 02, but I think she was sold on the new 03 styling. Let me know.

Last edited by Mindstrike; 03-28-04 at 09:41 PM.

the suzuki dealer in concord has an 03 sv1000s copper for $6999 I don't remember if they had a leftover 650 i think they did but I'm not possitive. I was there last weekend. they do have an 04 yellow in

You suck at life. Why don't you quit?

My dad told me I could be anything I wanted when I grew up. So I became an Asshole.

Gotta be GBM in Arlington...Last time I was there they treated me and 4 guys like we weren't even there...AND WE WERE THERE TO DROP CASH !

Screw 'em...

Signature:
    Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your posts.
    HTML code is ON
    vB Code is ON
    [img] code is ON
    Smilies are ON

I Dance With Will

i didn't see the name Route 3A dealer in north chelmsford. are they ok?i plan to buy another kawasucky there again. any objection?

"fuckit!"

Originally posted by Kham
    i didn't see the name Route 3A dealer in north chelmsford. are they ok?i plan to buy another kawasucky there again. any objection?
    Never bought a bike there but the service guys are tops. I only delt with them a couple of times, but had good experiences each time.

ken

'05 DL1000k / '02 DR650se
    04 FXDXi (RIP)
    '04 SV650s(gone)
    '99 ZX-9r (squirl's new ride: RIP)
    2k1 GSXR750(stolen-RIP)
    2k3 KLX400sr(gone)

GBM in Arlington....There is a big sign in the service area $75/hr. I bring in my bike for its 1st look-over and oil change. It takes a little over an hour for the whole job. I'm handed a bill for $189. I ask her why since it was only over an hour worth of work and she said, the job normally takes two hours but their phenom mechanic is SOOO good he did it in one. Since the job for 1st maintenance is rated at 2 hours thats what the cost is. Unbelievable ..I've been doing my own maintenace ever since.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast