Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

NE Bike Expo this past weekend

So did anyone check out the bike show in Wilmingtomn Mass. this past weekend? We were down there working with Jesse at the Aprilia booth.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

I stopped by the Aprillia booth yesterday and asked about Scotty? (RSVMILLE661) but he had left... I didn't get there till like 3:30pm.

That red Tuono was pretty nice looking.

I'm not crazy about the 999... When I look at it in the pictures the front looks ugly. The front looked good in person but the tank and tail are fugly IMO.

I walked around and tried on helmets. And contemplated how much I'd get raped if I traded my bike in for something else. And then bought a battery tender on my way out.

Ben

Uppercrust Euro Rider SilverSurfer's Avatar

Didn't even know about it. I was in NY at the big show, anyway. Who ran this show? Was is a Harley crowd, or sportbike crowd?

<table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width=100%><tr><td background="http://www.nestreetriders.com/images/fill1.gif"><font color=white size=1 face="Trebuchet MS, Arial"><b>SEAN
    01 DAYTONA 955i | 00 DAYTONA 955i | 89 KATANA 600</b></font></td></tr></table>

Lifer

Local dealers... maybe 2 harley dealers, 1 Aprillia dealer, 1 Triumph dealer, 1 ducati dealer, and a bunch of japanese dealers. And a few custom/chopper shops.

There was a Vincent Black shadow there, as well as an RD?/RZ? 350 for sale, the Ducati dealer had a MV Augusta F4, etc..

Ben

NE Bike show

Yeah, there was too much chop and not enough go-fast. Too much harley leather and not enough race leather. And yes you are right Ben, the 999 is just plain YUCK!!! Good luck swapping out that front upper for race plastics, and the gas tank stabs you right in the balls, and the side of the tank has basically nothing to latch your leg on to when you are hanging ten around turn 3. But it does look OK though. The F4 Senna 1+1 was very nice though, I agree with the Ben-Man. Feb. 8-9 at the Salem mall at rockingham park is the next decent show, and april 5-6 is Bikexpo '03 at the trade center downtown in Beantown.

Heath Smith
    LRRS/CCS #337
    Low Down Racing
    www.racetireservice.com
    www.motorbikesplus.com
    Power by Dr. Hillsgrove
    Traction by Franimal Racing Syndicate

05' KTM 525SMR,
    01' YZ426F
    05' Reiju RS1

Says Vale to Colin at the end of the 2002 8 Hours of Suzuka: "Ok Colin, you better go out there and win. Because it is the ONLY way we will NEVER have to come here again!"