Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

NEVER AGAIN....

NEVER AGAIN....

The other end of the spectrum is going to track day and seeing ppl swap or offer their bike for a rip during a session. I saw a guy on a mint 1150 BMW let an instructor take the ol girl out for a run, came back uncrashed but he touched a cyl. head!

I let someone ride my bike if they are willing to reciprocate, and I know what their riding abilities are.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Andrew
    03 Suzuki SV650

I kick hippies...and Kham Nikon's Avatar

Re: NEVER AGAIN....

Originally posted by Ecooke21
    ..I am so pissed..
    I'm pissed and it's not even my bike.

Bras cause cancer.

Lifer

NEVER AGAIN....

Ask pete kates about demo riding a brandy new bike at the track.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

Lifer

NEVER AGAIN....

Hehe.. worst one I remember is 04 I went to a Triumph track day.

There was a guy there who is paid by Triumph somehow to run forums and otherwise coordinate club stuff... he had a loaner Daytona 600/650 and he completely destroyed it.

NEVER AGAIN....

that blows..

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

NEVER AGAIN....

Originally posted by benVFR
    Hehe.. worst one I remember is 04 I went to a Triumph track day.

There was a guy there who is paid by Triumph somehow to run forums and otherwise coordinate club stuff... he had a loaner Daytona 600/650 and he completely destroyed it.
    Ben, are you sure that wasn't a Tony's Track Day or maybe a Team Daemon Track Day that Peter Kates was at, the same one that Hessogood is talking about?

I was there for this event and seeing as all things worked out ok it was one of the funniest things to experience. The way Peter described the event as only Peter could made me laugh. He binned that thing like you read about.

Either way, I would let anyone that I know rides intelligently and can either give me their bike or replace mine ride my bike anytime. As others have said all I would expect is that person to man or woman up and take responsibilty for anything that happened.

I wound up going down on a friends bike and doing a little bit of damage to it. The nickname "Laces" was a painful reminder for quite some time. I worked it out with the owner, bought some parts and took care of it. As far as I know he was happy with the outcome. I would handle it the same way if it happened again.

Ecooke21 sucks that this happened to your nice new Husky man hope it comes back as good as new for you.

L8R

Joel

NEVER AGAIN....

That really sucks two sandpaper dicks twice.

But a good point was made... it dooubles as a dirty toy too. I usually wad up new dirty toys on the first ride anyway... make your buddy pay for the damages and take it straight to the woods for a proper thrashing, drop it in a rock garden and all is well...

FWIW, when I was riding a lot of BMX everytime I built a new bike (more like $800, not $8000, though), I'd bring it straight to the back steps of the shop and throw it down the stairs... really. It's gonna happen anyway, I might as well just get it over with and not have to tip-toe around for the first couple of weeks trying not to scratch it.

Lifer

NEVER AGAIN....

Maybe it was Degsy... maybe it was.

I just remember a smashed up yellow Daytona, I didn't know that many of the people there, maybe I am mistaking the Triumph guy crying over the bike and thought he crashed it himself?

NEVER AGAIN....

I am neither a lender or borrower

Only my brother when he is out here from the west.

If breaks something he or I will guarantee to pay

If someone says want to try my bike I always decline and then repeat that I don't do either

Glen Beck is John the Baptist

Littering and........

NEVER AGAIN....

I wont get on a bike I cant afford to purchase, in the event I wreck it.

NEVER AGAIN....

that sucks.. like everyone said, if he's a real friend.. he'll pay to have it fixed without question.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12