Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

S1000rr Power

S1000rr Power

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yellow light, green light, heart stands still...

Re: S1000rr Power

Cool stuff. Pretty much what we already knew (or should've known by now), but cool to see nonetheless. Still begs the question why Corser hasn't been able to put it on the podium, though.

Quote Originally Posted by KawiSmurf View Post
    Cool stuff. Pretty much what we already knew (or should've known by now), but cool to see nonetheless. Still begs the question why Corser hasn't been able to put it on the podium, though.

Not a fair argument. SBK race bikes are a lot more then a street bikes with an exhaust. BMW still beat Team Duc last weekend in their second year competing.

If you want to see what's important to the street, look at World Superstock and see who sits on the top podium step every weekend.

http://www.worldsbk.com/en/season/st...iCostruttori=C

Last edited by Big Draggo; 04-29-10 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Draggo View Post
    Not a fair argument. SBK race bikes are a lot more then a street bikes with an exhaust. BMW still beat Team Duc last weekend in their second year competing.

If you want to see what's important to the street, look at World Superstock and see who sits on the top podium step every weekend.

http://www.worldsbk.com/en/season/st...iCostruttori=C

Relax, I think you're taking my comment way out of context, I'm just making an observation. Didn't mean to trip your trigger, I'm not "dissin' your ride." I don't see what's not fair about it, though. They race in the same premier series, under the same rules. Are you saying that the BMW doesn't have the same potential as the other mfgs beyond a pipe swap? And 4 of the 7 mfgs in SBK have finished ahead of the factory Ducati team this year, so that really doesn't mean anything. Checa's finishing better than the factory guys, so I hope Ducati's not your measuring stick.

More to my point, I'm hearing more and more rumors that a specific reason the BMWs aren't finishing well is because they are eating up tires faster than other bikes. It makes a lot more sense if you watch the way the races have played out. Seems like every race, Corser starts out near the front of the pack (even Xaus floats in the top ten), and he pushes hard so that by the middle of the race, he's in the lead. Then somewhere around 2/3 of the way through, the BMWs just start free-falling through the grid. Usually with about 5 laps to go, he's lucky to stay in the top five, and his bike has visibly lost traction compared to the front runners. Happens almost every race, the same way every time. That pattern lends a lot of credence to the tire theory. Does the fact that the BMW is so much more powerful than the others also support that idea, or are the peak power numbers closer at the SBK level (I honestly don't know)? So maybe its just a matter of getting the chassis sorted, or getting Corser to hold off and save some for a late charge...but its pretty obvious something isn't working.

Relax, I think you're taking my comment way out of context, I'm just making an observation. Didn't mean to trip your trigger, I'm not "dissin' your ride." .

I'm good man thanks, didn't take it personally.

My only point I was attempting to get across is that comparing a World SBK spec bike (and its performance on the track) to it's stock brethren is like comparing a NASCAR stock car to the one you have in your driveway. Just because it shares it's name, doesn't mean it's the same bike under the plastic. In their Superstock spec, which is as close to a stock bike as you can get, they are leading the points

I know last weekend Corser did not use traction control. I'm curious to see next week when they all get to stretch their legs at Monza. I think the Aprila is going to ass.

I know last weekend Corser did not use traction control. I'm curious to see next week when they all get to stretch their legs at Monza. I think the Aprila is going to ass.
    Didn't know that, that's interesting considering that Assen turned out to be his best overall weekend of the season so far (aside from his 4th at Valencia). Wonder if that trend will continue going forward; I look forward to seeing the BMW on a wide open track. And I agree about the Aprilias, I've been pulling for Biaggi all season, so far he hasn't disappointed.

Didn't know that, that's interesting considering that Assen turned out to be his best overall weekend of the season so far (aside from his 4th at Valencia). Wonder if that trend will continue going forward; I look forward to seeing the BMW on a wide open track. And I agree about the Aprilias, I've been pulling for Biaggi all season, so far he hasn't disappointed.
    Big 10-4, I always liked him, probably because so many didn't. I miss the Rossi rivalry, maybe he'll start shit with Spies this year.

"Budeep a bubba"

I'm good man thanks, didn't take it personally.

My only point I was attempting to get across is that comparing a World SBK spec bike (and its performance on the track) to it's stock brethren is like comparing a NASCAR stock car to the one you have in your driveway. Just because it shares it's name, doesn't mean it's the same bike under the plastic. In their Superstock spec, which is as close to a stock bike as you can get, they are leading the points.

But, as close to a stock bike as you can get is the one you buy in the showroom.

In terms of racing, just look at the top ten from Assen for example:

BMW-HON-SUZ-HON-BMW-HON-KAW-SUZ-DUC-KTM

There were many other BMWs and Hondas in that race.

I'm not sure what you can conclude from that, unless you somehow enter riders into the equation.

Using any of these race series, even superstock to judge the best sport bike based on race results alone might be more convincing if there were three BMWs or three somethings dominating every podium, and if it didn't matter who was riding them. Sure, the bikes are different but so aren't the setups and riders. Would anyone really expect Yamaha to be in fourth if Rossi and Lorenzo were racing superstock?

Last edited by Harley Davidson; 04-29-10 at 08:21 PM.

Impressive power, why only 1 more ftlb of torque?
    IMHO that bike has the looks only a mother could love..most bikes grow on me in looks but the BMW and the KTM RC8 are the ugly ducklings in the current market

Yamaha

That is just insane power

2006 Red Triumph Daytona 675

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    Impressive power, why only 1 more ftlb of torque?
    IMHO that bike has the looks only a mother could love..most bikes grow on me in looks but the BMW and the KTM RC8 are the ugly ducklings in the current market
    Torque almost entirely is a function of displacement. Any well-designed, 1000cc, four-stroke engine will make around 75 to 85 ft-lbs of torque. The key is where in the RPM band that the torque is made. The same torque at double the RPM means double the HP.

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

That's an impressive engine. They really spanked the Japanes with that one. It's just like what Suzuki did with the first GSXR1000 back in 2001. In a year or two, they'll all be offering bikes making similar power. I hope they also include the bits that apparently make the BMW so easy to control as well.

2010 BMW S 1000 RR

Engine: Stock (203 RWHP/80 ft-lbs SAE Scale using VP MRX01 Fuel)
    Exhaust System: Brock’s Performance Full Titanium CT-FM™ Carbo...n Tip Megaphone with Anodized Flames
    Fuel Injection Control: Dynojet PCV with Brock’s Performance Custom Map to match the CT-FM.
    Wheels: BST Carbon Fiber
    Tires: Michelin 120/60 Power Pure Front - 190/50 Power One Rear
    Bearings: Worldwide Bearings Ceramic
    Swingarm: Brock’s Performance 9” over Alumi-Pro™ by McIntosh
    Shock: Brock’s Performance Dragshock™ by Öhlins (Dual Stage Compression with Remote)
    Sprockets: Vortex (17-47 to start)
    Chain: Regina 530 ZRP 160 Link (O-Rings removed by hand)
    Clutch Modifications: Brock’s Performance Clutch Mod, Cushion, Springs with Adjustable Spring Tops and Shims
    Lowering Links: Brock’s Performance Window Links
    Front End: Brock’s Performance Radial Mount Front End Lowering Kit (Radial Mounts, Strap End Kit, Strap)
    Oil: Alisyn <<0 Weight
    Oil Additive: Petron Plus
    Coolant: MoCool by Motul
    Mirror Block Offs: Brock’s Performance
    Brake Line-Rear 9” over: Spiegler Performance
    Brake Pads: Carbone Lorraine (SBK5 Compound)
    Seat: Custom Cover by Bob Kussman of Dayton, OH

Brock Davidson The progressive numbers are as follows:
    60 ft – 1.394
    330 ft – 3.621
    1/8 ET – 5.490
    1/8 MPH – 129.48
    1/4 ET – 8.497
    1/4 MPH – 158.46

One item to note is that the bike ran out of gear in the top of sixth and ran into the rev limiter slightly before the finish line certainly negating a trap speed over 160 MPH even in these very windy conditions.
    wot is offline Report Post Reply With Quote

after the WSBK season last year Road Racing World did a comparison of all the Factory bikes (as did many other mags as it was a journalist test). They said the BMW had by far the most power but was also the hardest bike to ride and had the hardest time putting all that power to the ground which in turn made the rider have to go slower.