Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Possible NH laws for helmets and exhausts

Silver Bullet Commuter fjrrider RI's Avatar

Re: Possible NH laws for helmets and exhausts

Next it will be airbags and seat belts. Do we all ride motercycles to stay safe or raise the hair on the backs of our necks. Ride free or die. You die just as hard in good crash with a car/tree/moose with or without. Keep your eyes open and mouth shut! or gear up and ride the track.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha lover

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisNoF4i View Post
    What if I my uncle gets bitten by an alligator, I take him to the emergency room, but he's waiting behind five girls with stair injuries and he dies?

They should pass a law mandating all girls to wear helmets when climbing and descending stairs?

Know what I'm sayin'?
    Right on.

Yamaha lover

Quote Originally Posted by odieoh24 View Post
    with the economy in the shitter, now is a perfect time to get a helmet law passed in exchange for tons of money from the u.s. govt. helmet laws are just another way the govt is slowly taking away americans freedom of choice. if a state decides they dont want to pass a mandatory helmet or seatbelt law, the govt holds highway funds "hostage" till they do. why arent seatbelts mandatory on a school bus? its all about money!! whether you're a safe rider and wear one or an idiot and dont (which i'm occasionally guilty of on trips to laconia)-it should still be your personal choice! if you look at a map showing how many states have helmet laws, you'll see the trend has more and more states relaxing their helmet laws as opposed to strengthening them.

Of the fifty states, only 4 are 100% helmet law free! :
    Colorado, Illinois, Iowa and New Hampshire

Of the other 46 states, 20 have full helmet laws for all motorcycle riders:
    Alabama, California, Georgia, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, Washington and West Virginia

19 States have helmet laws that exempt adult riders, riders over the age of majority -- 18 years old and over. Those states are:
    Alaska, Arizona, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Maine, Minnesota, Montana, New Mexico, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Utah, Wisconsin and Wyoming

There are 7 states that discriminate against adult bikers between the ages of 18 and 20. How bikers ever got involved in discriminating against their own kind (just younger) is beyond our comprehension. Those embarassments to the community are:
    Arkansas (*), Florida, Kentucky (*), Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, and Texas

later odieoh24
    Hey dude RI only requires passengers to wear hemits.

Yamaha lover

reporters are moronic idiots that never get facts straight

"New Hampshire is one of three states that do not require a motorcyclist to wear a helmet."

when infact, 31 states DO NOT require helmets for all rider

there are only 2 states that do not have ANY helmet requirement, NH is not one of them, persons under 18 are required to wear a helmet

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Quote Originally Posted by vintage ex race View Post
    As we get closer and closer to being blind sided into very close to communist type of government, you know, you have to where a helmet,or you'll be fined ,you have to have health insurance or you'll be fined, you can't have a after market pipe on your cycle or you'll be fined , you can't speed or you'll be fined,you can't piss on that tree or you'll be fined, and in Mass you have to have a license to carry that gun or you'll go to jail and that is one our rights the rights to bare arms . If we are not carefull and wake up there isn't going to be any freedoms left. They will slowly control it all
    Has anyone ever realized maybe these laws are for our own good ?

Helmet laws ? Why don't you question those who crashed without a helmet and see how they feel ? Those who have crashed and crashed hard and get hurt wish they had more gear on .

Health insurance laws? You're really contesting that? Those who DON'T have health insurance will still be admitted to a hospital, racking up say overr $10k in medical bills. But since they dont have health insurance, they cant foot the bill. So who pays for that hospital expenses? WE DO !. Health care cost go up, insurance policies go up, our paychecks go down.

And the right to bare arms? Are you really contesting the licensing ? I don't know if youre questioning the "physical carrying of a license" or the " need a license TO carry". But there are a lot of unstable people out there. Hell, after reading your post I can thoroughly see why they have licensing for guns.

beige camry attack mojobreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Architect View Post
    Comes:

On two occasions a moose darted out of the woods in front of me. Both times the moose came to a startled halt. I believe the loud pipes on my bike saved my backside
    - David, Greatnorthwoods
    Which one of you is this?

no bikes currently

I refuse to argue 'facts' on such issues... facts mean nothing to hysterics anyway.

IMO all the Gear Nazis should save the self rigteous bombast for their fascist meetings (fat chance),
    and studiously avoid any and all potential life and safety risks.

In fact they might crawl back into the womb where the greatest safety ever provided could once more be enjoyed.

But then the rest of us poor ignorant souls might be deprived of their enlightened awareness and the ensuing laws, regulations, fines, insurance premiums etc.
    WHAT a pity!

Clean your own house and STFU I say.

Last edited by Hammerspur; 01-30-10 at 10:36 AM.
    "A skittish motorcycle with a touch of blood in it is better than all the riding animals on Earth."
    T.E. Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by mojobreakfast View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by The Architect View Post
    http://www.unionleader.com/article.a...d-d05164a41357
    Comes:

Quote:
    On two occasions a moose darted out of the woods in front of me. Both times the moose came to a startled halt. I believe the loud pipes on my bike saved my backside
    - David, Greatnorthwoods

Which one of you is this?
    wasn't me, but about 6 years ago at the intersection of route 100 and route 4 in Killington,VT, I was heading south on Route 100, at the Y, I made a left came to stop sign, then when traffic was clear I made my left turn onto Rt 4
    in a few hundred feet, I went thru 1,2 & 3rd gear when I saw a moose walk out in front of a tour bus, the size of the vehicle must have caught the mooses attention, cause the moose turned and started running straight toward my path

I had plenty of time, but to be safe, I dropped a gear, My SV barely passed inspection with its burnt out V&H exaust, only cause twins(here in NH) are tested @ 2800rpm, cause @ 6000 rpm, my SV barked out at about 140db

with the downshift as soon as my SV was resonating @ 140db, the moose suddenly turned again and ran straight into a car

I'm not claiming the loud pipes saved me cause it wasn't anything close to a close call, but the moose DID react in a positive way to my loud pipes

RandyO
    IBA#9560

You have to remember:

A lot of people on this forum are law abiding, intelligent citizens......

That right there holds the minority of the population.

The vast majority of the population are for the lack of better word , dumb

A person is smart. People are dumb. .

Quote Originally Posted by danny86 View Post
    Do you really believe that someone else, especially volunteer lawmakers (NH legislatures are paid the huge stipend of $100/year) know what is best for YOU, I feel really sorry for you if you do

Helmet laws ? Why don't you question those who crashed without a helmet and see how they feel ? Those who have crashed and crashed hard and get hurt wish they had more gear on .
    been there done that, still I chose to ride without occasionally, and although a low percentage of my 30k+/yr on a bike, I ride without a helmet more than most people ride

Health insurance laws? You're really contesting that? Those who DON'T have health insurance will still be admitted to a hospital, racking up say overr $10k in medical bills. But since they dont have health insurance, they cant foot the bill. So who pays for that hospital expenses? WE DO !. Health care cost go up, insurance policies go up, our paychecks go down.
    Just cause YOU can't afford health care without insurance, doesn't mean that other people cant, those who stiff the health care system are the same people who are mooching the tax payer to begin with

fwiw, I've been to the hospital without insurance, guess what, I paid my bill, like most people do

And the right to bare arms? Are you really contesting the licensing ? I don't know if youre questioning the "physical carrying of a license" or the " need a license TO carry". But there are a lot of unstable people out there. Hell, after reading your post I can thoroughly see why they have licensing for guns.
    first of all, its bear, unless your talking about nude body appendages

If a "license" is required, it is no longer a right, it becomes a privilege

what is an unstable person, someone that doesn't agree with you ?

maybe you should go back to school, and study history a little better

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560

10k...What hospital are you talking about? The pet hospital?

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    Do you really believe that someone else, especially volunteer lawmakers (NH legislatures are paid the huge stipend of $100/year) know what is best for YOU, I feel really sorry for you if you do

been there done that, still I chose to ride without occasionally, and although a low percentage of my 30k+/yr on a bike, I ride without a helmet more than most people ride

Just cause YOU can't afford health care without insurance, doesn't mean that other people cant, those who stiff the health care system are the same people who are mooching the tax payer to begin with

fwiw, I've been to the hospital without insurance, guess what, I paid my bill, like most people do

first of all, its bear, unless your talking about nude body appendages

If a "license" is required, it is no longer a right, it becomes a privilege

what is an unstable person, someone that doesn't agree with you ?

maybe you should go back to school, and study history a little better

The older I get, the more I find myself agreeing with Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Kham View Post
    you seem to be related to nikon. so fuckyou too! go suck a cock./1
    2012 R1200GS Rallye

Quote Originally Posted by Ducrappy View Post

The older I get, the more I find myself agreeing with Randy
    That is scary ...

I agree with him MOST of the time.

He is still an ornery, pennypinchin' yankee.

Oh, BTW, if you have uninsured/underinsured motorists coverage, your insurance will cover your losses and med bills.
    I maxed out that section on my insurance cause in this state, 3 out 5 either have no insurance or minimum requirements.

Last edited by Currently; 01-30-10 at 11:45 AM.
    If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride would do.

If riding a motorcycle on public streets is a privilege (which everyone seems to agree is the case), then how is making requirements when riding said motorcycle on public streets some huge conspiracy theory?

Not really trying to argue, just curious on peoples responses...and Im sure you'll have plenty!

PS I hate much of how Taxachusetts operates and over regulates, but at least they let us have our Devils Lettuce without much hassle. Hippies are good for some things...wait...what? LOL

Supa Motarded! If you see me backin it in, keep watching...Im about to crash

Zip Tie Alley #237

Quote Originally Posted by hammadown View Post
    If riding a motorcycle on public streets is a privilege (which everyone seems to agree is the case), then how is making requirements when riding said motorcycle on public streets some huge conspiracy theory?
    I don't think anybody said anything about conspiracy, and I have no problem with government regulating public safety

helmets have nothing to with public safety, they are a personal safety choice

NH does by the way, require eye protection, something that is a public safety concern, there are some states that require a helmet, yet they let you ride with your eyes in the breeze

RandyO
    IBA#9560

so much for "live free or Die"

fuck government they do nothing but piss me off.

i think both laws are retarded end of story. I'll always where my helmet because i choose too but it should be personal choice. The exhaust thing well there to many bitchy little people who dont like loud noises bothering there precious little worlds . . fuck em, their laws bother me just as much so we should both deal with it and leave it be

www.bostonmoto.com
    2009 Zx-6r--17,680 miles and counting!!
    2008 ZZR600 - - - 10,268 miles totaled
    Ride to live, live to ride

NH does by the way, require eye protection, something that is a public safety concern, there are some states that require a helmet, yet they let you ride with your eyes in the breeze
    Phrased as either a windshield or glasses/goggles I believe. My zx6r has a windshield... but it's not going to do $hit for my eyes...

Fitz

Quote Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
    Phrased as either a windshield or glasses/goggles I believe. My zx6r has a windshield... but it's not going to do $hit for my eyes...

Fitz
    windshield has to be a minimum height above eye level, sorry, your windscreen doesn't cut it, has to be a tall one like you'd see on a harley

RandyO
    IBA#9560

Quote Originally Posted by The Architect View Post
    I always wear my helmet, its my choice, not Judith Day's or yours.

Common sense spoken here. toocrazy2yoo's Avatar

I dunno how yall ride withOUT a helmet, full-face, wind-tight. To each their own. Meanwhile, if the state says ya don't have to, and you got the nuts to ride without a hat, go ahead. But post Earthquake, it's going to be tough for mandatory hatters to invoke the health insurance/public cost of your brain injury if ya wad the bike and crack yer coconut.

We're gonna import over 200,000 Haitians into this country in the next two weeks for medical care that's going to look like, in almost every case, a guy, without a helmet, that high-sided at 115 and got run over by trailing vehicles. Haitian earthquake victims, at least, get the publicly financed, single payer system.

Kinda makes the objections of the mandatory hatters rather....insignificant, no?

i always wear my helmet too. ive seen to many people crash who wouldnt be here today if they hadnt worn one

95 Yamaha Seca II- Sold
    02 Ducati ST2

how does our helmet law in NH affect your insurance rate in MA

btw, why does NH generally have lower insurance rates and no mandatory helmet law

ANSWER: less regulation
    we got a winner
    enough with the mandatory laws already
    let me make the decision by myself

eat me

Relax, assholes. Both the revised helmet law as well as the 'exhaust decibal labels' were shot down last night...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Should send the lawmakers on a field trip to Locconia and see what happens.

I Dance With Will

I can WHAT IF all day long, shit happens whether I wear a helmet or not

theres no question, wearing a helmet makes practical sense, but its MY HEAD, not yours and your not even my mommy

do you own stock in a helmet company ?
    im with you all the way man but think we might be wrong on this. i guess being in public is like being in prison. you have NO right period. they can stick you anytime. stick! stick! like going to other country. us laws dont apply.

Last edited by Kham; 02-05-10 at 08:49 PM.
    "fuckit!"

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast