Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Nice little vacation

Talking Nice little vacation

I got home about 7am this morning after the 19 hour road trip home from Daytona Beach. Awesome week, lots of pictures, lots of free stuff (Yamaha is awesome) and not a drop of rain

I'll get some pictures and a halfass report up in a day or 2

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

Nice little vacation

maybe it's just the pic, but that bike looks huge.. either that or you're the size of a jockey.

Nice little vacation

Originally posted by bump909
    maybe it's just the pic, but that bike looks huge.. either that or you're the size of a jockey.
    errr that's not me, it's Yamaha Factory rider Jason DiSolvo. The bike is small and Jason is the size of a 12 year old

Yamaha

Nice little vacation

ahh, that would explain it. i'll go back to under my rock.

Littering and........

Nice little vacation

I sincerely hope you took some pictures of some nice titties, rather than wasting all of your film on stupid motorcycles.

I kick hippies...and Kham Nikon's Avatar

Nice little vacation

look at that ugly paintjob

Bras cause cancer.

Nice little vacation

Originally posted by highsider
    I sincerely hope you took some pictures of some nice titties, rather than wasting all of your film on stupid motorcycles.

There are no nice titties at bikeweek. Keep in mind these events draw the Harley crowd so the titties that are there are not worthy of waisting memory card space on

I did see a nice pooper though

Yamaha

Nice little vacation

Crappy picture but you get the idea Just hanging up one of the free gifts from yamaha, a 4'x6' R6 poster, now I just gotta figure out where to put the R1 LE banner that's the same size? Maybe I'll put that next to the R6 picture frame, which will be next to the cool MotoGP calander

Yamaha

Nice little vacation

she's got a nice dumper

Just Registered

Nice little vacation

Originally posted by R7
    I did see a nice pooper though
    I'll say - but Is that nice FIM endcap standard now on the F's or was that a euro bike?

Nice little vacation

Originally posted by highsider

I frequented lollipops strip club with me mates and the titties there were most excellent , taking pictures was a no-no but pretty much anything else went..
    Sun and bikes , worked for me
    Spent most of my time fucking about with me mates who are tattoo artists and at dinner one night bumped into neil hodgson and his folks , who are very nice people indeed.
    Watching fat broads wrestle in coleslaw was mildly amusing especially when they started kicking the shit outta each other..

eat me

Nice little vacation

Originally posted by somestrangeguy
    I'll say - but Is that nice FIM endcap standard now on the F's or was that a euro bike?
    That's a full system on that bike... notice the expansion chamber in front of the kicker?

Yamaha

Nice little vacation

Ok, I'll try and keep this short

Day 1 Wednesday
    After a 19 hour drive down from RI, we get to our condo at about 2:30 pm. We had a pretty nice view of Daytona Beach from out 16th floor room

After taking in the scenery for a little while and getting settled in, it was time to head out. First stop was the Helmet shop. I finaly broke down and got a Arai XD supermoto helmet, something I've been wanting for a long time. Also, I couldn't resist the new RX7 Corsair Edwards Laguna LE and they ordered it for me and will ship it to my house seeing I paid for it in their store. After spending so much there, they were nice enough to give us Helmet Shop T-shirts..haha.

The usual trip up and down Main St is fun as always but the crowds seemed a bit more dirty this year, not that I would expect anything different from the harley type crowd.

The Hess station on Speedway Blvd was the hot spot for sportbikers. Lots of extended bikes, custom painted bikes, chopper style sportbikes... It was kinda cool seeing all the bikes there. Unfortunatly I forgot my camera at the condo like a idiot or I'd have some pretty cool pictures.

Day 2
    Thursday

We wake up to some people stuck on the beach. It was kinda funny seeing this. The neon got stuck first and the ford bronco started to pull in to help pull the guy out and he got stuck just pulling in. Then the neon got out and tried to pull the bronco out, that obviously failed so he just left. I think a GMC Jimmy ended up getting the bronco out... after a few tries

We were heading to the track for the day to take in some racing. Man how this place has changed sence 2004 We went directly to the infield planning on getting into the pits for the usual up close shots of the new race machinery, not this year!!! What's up with the no pit access anymore? Of course we did get in but I'm not going to mention how V-line to Yamaha and just ignored the rest, sorry..

We also made a quick trip to the Daytona Municiple Stadium for the dirt track nationals. That shit sure looks like fun.

Another run up and down Main St before calling it a night

Day 3
    Friday
    Supercross was the big plans for the day but the actual races didn't get started until late in the day so we went for a ride down the coast a little to kill some time. We ended up at Ponce Point and did a little tour of a cool musium. The big lighthouse cought our eyes and up we went
    175' tall and 203 steps to the top

Can you see the bikes in the parking lot?

To Be Continued

Yamaha

Nice little vacation

saweet!... looks cool, cant wait to see more..

Current Toys:

2005 Nissan Titan CC

NESR ruined my life. chr|s sedition's Avatar

Nice little vacation

erf. and to think I was excited about a trip to KFC on spring beak (last week) for honey BBQ wings and a few wet naps.

mark, will you be my yamaha-vaction-travel-agent?

"Up front there ought to be a man in black." -John Cash

LISTEN TO SLAYER
    If I get another fuckin' bike stolen...

Nice little vacation

We got to the track about 4pm for the Supercross and went right for the Fan Zone. We did a quick walk through and saw some cool stuff, MG was there signing autographs in the Honda tent which was pretty cool. The line for that was almost as big as the line for RC.
    Saw this cool dog riding shotgun with full riding hear on

Found one cool bike anyway

We had some time to kill before the main event started so we walked out to the bike show to check it out. Had to take a picture of our bikes, first generation R1 was my friend Todd and his wifes, and me 06 R6

Talk about good timing, the show was just about empty and there was Jason DiSolvo in a interview while sitting on the M1. Is he the future of roadracing? It's looking that way!!

Watching the supercross is always exciting. I was hoping to see another attempt at a backflip from Travis Pastrana but I guess some people were not happy about that move in the qualifing rounds...
    If only JS could stop crashing, he'd put RC to shame. He's got the speed for sure, just can't keep it going.

We skip the Main St activities tonight and head back to the condo.

Day 4
    Saturday

You're not going to beleive this but the 3 of us had ennough of the race track for a while so we decided to skip the big race Superbike isn't really that exciting IMO anymore and the thrill in the Daytona 200 just isn't the same without all the factory teams racing. And what's with the "Daytona 200 by honda" ?? It's always been Daytona 200 by Arai

Anyway, we did go back to the bikeshow in front of the speedway to finnish walking through it. The Yamaha tent was the hot setup as usual. We ended up leaving there with some big R1 and R6 banners, posters of the riders, motogp calenders, Yamaha picture frames, and more It was a challange riding back with these 5' tall boxes sticking out of my backpack.
    We ended up with tons of shirts and I even got one of them nice summer mesh riding jackets so I won't be posing in just a T-shirt this year

We left the show and figured it was time to head to the bar like every other person at bike week
    I don't know why but it was actually fun at this place even though have the people stunk of BO and rotten beer.
    The Iron Horse was a cool place, huge crowds and a half assed live band

This thing had a 502 cubic inch big block chevy V8

The Boot Hill wasn't bad as well, we actually drank a few beers in the Hog Pit

Tonight was the night to actually walk Main St rather than ride up and down it. Last night of bikeweek and it was pretty crazy. We parked the bikes on the boardwalk and started walking. The place was packed, you couldn't even walk with baby steps. By now after a week of people drinking and partying, the place reeked of beer and trash. It wasn't fun anymore so we went back to the condo and drank some more before crashing.

Day 5
    Sunday

We had no real plans this day and we pretty much didn't get moving until 1pm, hey it's vacation
    I think we did some T-shirt shopping and just kinda hung around all day.
    Later in the evening we decided to go to the Speed Park across from the Speedway. We got a 2 hour special for the go-carts and had a friggen blast!! They are not quite the same thrill as F1 Boston but we sure made the best of it. It was more like bumper cars than anything. They even had 2 seaters and they were the fastest ones for sure, if someone was blocking you you just give them a quick bump and spin them out, that was a lot of fun

Day 6
    Monday

It was time to ride
    I pulled out a map and whipped up a quick 150 mile loop out to the Ocala Nation Forest. The roads are nothing like anything around here, they are all straight and flat but at least the pavement is perfect. It was nice just to get away from the people, traffic and redlights for a day. And most important, I finally got to wring the piss out of this new R6 Very very impressive!!! It saw the "indicated" redline several times and man the induction noise and power this thing makes from 12k to redline is silly

On the way back we stopped for a quick break at this little roadside stand. Some cool stuff there for sure. All the statues were made from aluminum and carried some very healthy price tags, some cool shit though.

I just can't put my finger on who this person reminds me of, but it is a NESR member

Day 7
    Tuesday

Pack up and head home. I was homesick and missed my dog

Until next year...

Yamaha

Just Registered

Nice little vacation

Originally posted by R7
    That's a full system on that bike... notice the expansion chamber in front of the kicker?
    Oh yah, there is a dirtbike in that photo!

Cool pics Mark, thanks for the montage

Nice little vacation

Great pics!

2003 Yamaha R6
    1999 Yamaha YZ400

Lifer

Nice little vacation

Great story.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?