Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Nicky Hayden hit by car while bicycle training in Italy, "upmost severity code"

Re: Nicky Hayden hit by car while bicycle training in Italy, "upmost severity code"

Wow, terrible. Godspeed...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

Re: Nicky Hayden hit by car while bicycle training in Italy, "upmost severity code"

Terrible news. I saw him at the last MotoGP in Indy back in 2015. He was struggling that day but smiled and said hi and appreciated me stopping by and saying good luck. I got his autograph on the T-shirt. Great guy that will be missed. Just tragic.

In 2013 I was hit by a car while I was on my bicycle in Northboro as the driver turned left into a street that was like a going into the top left leg of a Y. I was in the mouth of the intersection and saw the grill with the headlights at each wheel of my bike. He bearing left and hardly slowed down. Next thing I remember was laying in the street. I rag-dolled over the car. Broke stuff on my left side. With all the bicycle accidents in the news and people dying I really wonder how I made it through that as well as I did. Thanks to Giro Helmet that was really crushed on the left side. It saved my life.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Send cash... I need a track day

devastated, RIP Kentucky Legend

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

My thoughts are with the Hayden family. Rest in peace Nicky!!

Unbelievably tragic.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Rest in peace kid.

Truly heartbreaking.

Through some instagram stalking, I was able to pull up this video. From what I can tell it is a video of a party for Hayden leaving Repsol Honda, but this is just my guess. Hopefully it helps you smile and/or cry at such a tough time.

Instagram

A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

so sorry for the loss

Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

I met him a few times at MotoGP events. He was always courteous, and made time to meet his fans.

I did get to see him win a MotoGP, at Laguna Seca in 2005. Colin Edwards 2nd, Rossi 3rd.
    Two Americans on the podium, something you don't see every day.

PhilB

"A free man must be able to endure it when his fellow men act and live otherwise than he considers proper." -- Ludwig von Mises
    1993 Ducati Monster M900; 265,000 miles -- killed by minivan 30Oct17

This is such awful news. I am a HUGE MotoGP fan (and Repsol fan), and named a dog Hayden after Nicky. Such a tragic and heartbreaking accident. RIP *69

If you ain't first......you're last!

Brutal news... He had the kind of personality that was immensely enjoyable to watch, win or lose he was the pleasant and polite kid next door. I was looking forward to seeing him become an elder statesman for the sport. I guess the universe had other plans.

If there is such a place as Heaven I hope Super Sic was waiting for him at the gates with a fast bike with warm tires.

RIP Nikky
    You will always be remembered as one of America's greatest.

Too many toys, not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekime View Post
    Fuck. I've never been this sad to lose someone I didn't know personally. RIP Nicky

Powerful pic there. A guy tough as nails letting it all out.
    He proudly carried the American flag on an international stage and was loved by his fans. Still can't believe he's gone. RIP Nicky.

I've always been a Nicky Hayden fan. You'll be missed. RIP Kentucky Kid.

Lifetime Motorcyclist Woodcraft's Avatar

This is a rider and a family that represents all that is good in racing. Fiercely competitive and driven, yet always humble and gracious. I can't think of a family that inspired more people in our community - not only to succeed in our sport but to do good ingerenal. I had to honor to know Nicky, his brothers and parents over the years. It doesn't take but a few moments talking to Earl Hayden to understand where the solid values in this family come from. Regardless of whether he was winning or struggling, I was always proud to have such a classy individual representing the USA around the world. Most people don't know about what a humanitarian Nicky was as well, but like other like-minded great people before him he never publicized that part of his life. His legacy will be carried on by those who he has inspired for many years to come. Godspeed my friend.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Message from Roger Hayden: Message from Roger Hayden | MotoGP 0

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

😫

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234