Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Something big/bad is going on with WSB

Lifer

Exclamation Something big/bad is going on with WSB

There are all kinds of weird press releases, etc.. going around today if you look at different bike sites.

It sounds like WSB wants to change the rules next year to require "spec" tires.

Then there is a press release from Aprilia, Ducati, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, and Yamaha saying they are all pulling out of WSB over financial concerns if this happens.

Ah Politics.

www.motorcycle.com has the press release from the bike manufacturers.

Ben

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I read some crap on it too. And to be honest....good! 'Bout time the manufacturers backlash against the figure heads in these idiotic organizations. IMHO, there should be no restrictions on any bike! 4 barrels should not have restrictor plates.....period. I like the concept of Formula extreme for the "build it as big and bad as you can" (this is the test bed for new advancements) and I also like true supersport style racing where there are few mods allowed (this tells you just how good your current bike is). The rulebooks have ben getting it wrong for years and the fans are suffering for it. Who wants to watch a gixxer1000 run neutered because they can't build a twin bad enough to compete with it.

'95 ZX7/9
    '02 XR650R
    '78 KZ1000

Hey did you see that cop RevHappy's Avatar

Amen, couldnt have said it better!!!!

RevHappy's Website

2004 Titan Custom 1750cc
    2004 Honda Recon ES
    2003 Yamaha YZF R6
    4 Sale 6,500
    2001 KawasakiKDX 200

"I'll tell you what I tell my girl...Even a broken clock is right twice a day"

Well.

To play Devils' Advocate..

They usually end up doing this stuff, to give the poor/non-funded groups a chance to compete. (This statement is coming from a un-informed WSB person)

My honest opinion as well as Rye's, let them juice their bikes. (Unless rules need to be "stock" for everyone)

Not a Nascar fan either, but I heard the Shit this group gave Crystler for always doing something better than the rest. Not fair.. innovation is key.

Looking for a Dry Sunny Day...
    and a winning Powerball #