Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

NJMP under fire! WTF?

Re: NJMP under fire! WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitt View Post
    When I buy my next house in the woods, I'd like peace and quiet when I'm relaxing in the yard - I'm moving to the country to do this... I'd get upset too if the track sounded trackside in my yard.

I just don't buy the whole idea that the sounds are as recorded... When I'm at registration the track doesn't even sound that loud... that's about 1500 ft from the track.

Oh well, hopefully they can build barriers and make it more livable for these people, otherwise... like it or not, they should leave. The business owners did everything lawfully, and should not be punished because the sound ordinance that was viewable to these residents since they were established, are not good enough for them (and they are deciding that now).
    True, but that's not a law you think about until something like that happens.

I'd be interested to see what zoning and ordinances were changed to get the track there. No one likes to look at this from the view of the home owner. If the track was there first I'd agree and say the home owner is a cunt, but that's not the case.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

But these idiots also live near an airport. Why just go for the noise the track makes?

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

Quote Originally Posted by 07BladeRider View Post
    But on the Track Racket site, there is video where a resident (most likely that stupid bitch in the video), is using that same type of sound meter to measure track noise from someone's backyard.

It ranges between 40 and 75dB. The question is, where is this backyard?
    A question also had was, is the dB meter able to isolate the specific noise of the engines or are we seeing the results of natural sound which is filtering into the measurement in addition to the engine noises.

One thing that website doesn't provide is a dB reading on a 'normal' day.

I dunno cause I haven't heard the noise. But I can say the airport was probably there longer than them and brings in a ton of cash. The flight paths may not be near them. People fight over airport expansion (see Logan) all the time so who knows.

This may be complete bullshit and they maybe just looking to be bitches, but I'm not gonna discard them as such till I see more info since they were living there before the track was built.

-Alex

Quote Originally Posted by bergs View Post
    A question also had was, is the dB meter able to isolate the specific noise of the engines or are we seeing the results of natural sound which is filtering into the measurement in addition to the engine noises.

Very true, and how is the ordinance worded and when was it changed and by who. Lot's of follow up here other than "fucking stupid bitch".

-Alex

More importantly, is the DB meter reading a lil 'extra' from some heavy gripping inducing vibrations in the case? I can make a DB meter show a spike on demand just in fidgeting with it while 'monitoring'.

Well, just a quick though just from watching the video. It sounds and looks as if the recording was played over the PA system which could explain the louder volume. Very unscientific evidence if you ask me.
    That's not to say that the noise isn't an issue because I'm sure the drone from high-revving engines even at a distance can be irritating even if it is in compliance.

LRRS 878 Clapped out Gixxah

Quote Originally Posted by wiggeywackyo View Post
    I'm sure the drone from high-revving engines even at a distance can be irritating....
    LIES!

LIES!

I should have added: "........for miserable middle-age hags."

LRRS 878 Clapped out Gixxah

Be Squid, Be Proud bostongixxer's Avatar

I just read the complaint. I don't practice in NJ and don't know the relevant case law, but it seems to me that the hyperbolic allegations are not sufficiently specific to withstand a motion to dismiss. I also don't see why this wasn't filed as a class action and it strikes me that the stupid organization trackracket.org has no standing as a party. Let's hope the track hires a good law firm.

2020 KTM SMC R
    2006 GSXR-600 Race (LRRS #199)
    NO LIMIT

Quote Originally Posted by bostongixxer View Post
    I just read the complaint. I don't practice in NJ and don't know the relevant case law, but it seems to me that the hyperbolic allegations are not sufficiently specific to withstand a motion to dismiss. I also don't see why this wasn't filed as a class action and it strikes me that the stupid organization trackracket.org has no standing as a party. Let's hope the track hires a good law firm.
    that gave me a semi. Is that wrong?

Be Squid, Be Proud bostongixxer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky Mike View Post
    that gave me a semi. Is that wrong?

2020 KTM SMC R
    2006 GSXR-600 Race (LRRS #199)
    NO LIMIT

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar
    Wirelessly posted (Instinct: Mozilla/4.1 (U; BREW 3.1.5; en-US; Teleca/Q05A/INT))

a similar thing happend in az. a guy built a track at the end of an USAFB when f16s flew in and out all day 6 days a week....but heaven forbid there is some noise coming from the track. downfall was the owner got screwed on some technicalitys that he wasnt 100% honest about. kinda screwed himself. seems like njmp has thier ducks in a row

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Instinct: Mozilla/4.1 (U; BREW 3.1.5; en-US; Teleca/Q05A/INT))

a similar thing happend in az. a guy built a track at the end of an USAFB when f16s flew in and out all day 6 days a week....but heaven forbid there is some noise coming from the track. downfall was the owner got screwed on some technicalitys that he wasnt 100% honest about. kinda screwed himself. seems like njmp has thier ducks in a row
    I would think you'd have to if you plan on spending that kind of money on such a facility. I hope this whole thing blows over quickly and that lady crawls back under a rock.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123