Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Why are none of the big insurance names available in ma?

geico, progresive, bikeline, etc. all of them specifically state that they're not available in MA. Is there some sort of stupid state law that drives them away? What's up?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Balls," I said. "Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Cafe Racers."

- Hunter S Thompson

2 x 82 GS 650, '94 RM 80

Not only that, but my Bud from work hit a telephone pole (icey conditions), Had Gieco, and got stuck paying for the Telephone pole outta his own pocket! He's in NH.

Sure save 15% off your insurance...if he paid that extra 15% he wouldn't have been out 5 grand for the pole and labor to put it in....Yes...5 friggen grand!

I think Mass requires insurance co's to have mandatory coverage for personal injury and property damage...where as some states do not.

I always pay for good insurance coverage, had an accident in "84, A Car ran a stop sign, I hit her, slid off of her front fender, went thru guardrail to protect house on corner, and of course I hit the house...
    EVERYTHING was covered....about 20 grand after all the smoke cleared. As far as I'm concerned all these "cheap" offerings are just that... The bare essentials. You are, or will be rolling the dice, if you decide to not get the additional coverage. I ride in NH a lot, and I know they don't need to have the coverage mandated in Mass...I am not going to have to go to court, and chase a guy around, and try to attach his earnings, house or whatever, because he caused an accident me, and was stupid enough not to properly insure himself... Bottom line is..you will loose!

I work as an adjuster for Commerce Insurance.

In mass, you can not get a policy without injury coverage or property damage coverage- They are required by law.

No matter what Ins comp. you use- you will pay almost the same price, since insurance is regulated by the state.

Originally posted by mcbgti
    I work as an adjuster for Commerce Insurance.

In mass, you can not get a plicy without injury coverage or property damage coverage- They are required by law.

No matter what Ins comp. you use- you will pay almost the same price, since insurance is regulated by the state.
    And being one that actually needed it..I have no problem with it at all..too much to risk without it....

Is New Hampshire the only state in New England that doesn't require insurance? Must be related to that "Live Free or Die" motto.

Originally posted by DH2ML
    Is New Hampshire the only state in New England that doesn't require insurance? Must be related to that "Live Free or Die" motto.
    while NH does not mandate insurance.... they do mandate "financial responsibility" get into an accident without insurance, and find out, If you don't have the resources to cover your responsibilities for an accident you caused, they will pull you license quicker than you can say SR22

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Thanks everybody, that's some uiseful info right there.

Randy, that seems like a retarded law... if some un-insured jackass blows out a turn and hammers my garage, taking out 2 cars and a bike (I've seen it happen...) knowing he's gonna lose his liscence isn't gonna make me feel as good as knowing he's covered for property damage would have... without making this a political discussion regarding anybody's rights or lack thereof, I think some form of mandatory insurance is a good thing, in general.

"Balls," I said. "Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Cafe Racers."

- Hunter S Thompson

2 x 82 GS 650, '94 RM 80