Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Results 1 to 18 of 18

NYC Bike Show Thoughts

  1. #1
    The NEW hot Setup Manny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    4,063

    NYC Bike Show Thoughts


    Degs and I hit Mohegan on sat night and then the show sunday.... was a good time and here are my opinions in case anyone gives a crap.

    848 in white looked sick.... but the 1098s in black looked sickerer
    1098R was HOTTTTT, as was the real desmo ie THE race bike.
    New Gixxer in white was pimppin, degs was sweet on the 750
    New zx10r was pretty damn nice
    New 1000rr looks less repulsive in person and in black you hardly notice the ugliness....
    Yamahas new stuff looked the same as the old and the flame yellow R6 was BAD NEWS
    BMW Hp2 was frickin shweeeet....degs points out that there is an actual ohlins shock controlling the front forks or maybe I misunderstood???
    I dig the R1200GS, but its overkill........ for pretty much anything short of..... well short of anything.....

    Saw Puppet doing his vendor thing with twisted throttle..... he knows his shite.

    If this review was helpful to you please press 1.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

  2. #2
    boom shackalaka catch2otwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    san fran
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,819

    Re: NYC Bike Show Thoughts

    any pics?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Tuono

  3. #3
    The NEW hot Setup Manny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: NYC Bike Show Thoughts

    Oh yea, Biggest dissapointment for me: the new monster. Looks like the result of an illicit relationship between a hypermotard a multistrada and a big wheels tricycle

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

  4. #4
    The NEW hot Setup Manny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: NYC Bike Show Thoughts

    Also the B-king seems like a disaster to me. It is wider than my pickup.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

  5. #5
    Just Registered Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jericho, VT
    Posts
    19,618

    Re: NYC Bike Show Thoughts

    Good to hear Puupet was doing well.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

  6. #6
    Dic on
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    14,642

    Re: NYC Bike Show Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by catch2otwo View Post
    any pics?
    I have some on my camera. I have to learn to get them onto the interwarp and I'll post them here.

    I got some solid stares from the Ducati guy when I was taking pics of the Alice gp bike. I was stuffing the camera behind the fairings to get pics inside them and taking close-ups of the brakes and stuff. he was moving over to shoo me away when I left the scene.

    d

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Too bad ponies are assholes."

    OXX

  7. #7
    Lifer akira700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    in the city
    Posts
    1,701

    Re: NYC Bike Show Thoughts

    thanks for the updates but this thread is ain't much
    w/out the pics.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2008 Honda CBR 600RR

  8. #8
    The NEW hot Setup Manny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: NYC Bike Show Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by akira700 View Post
    thanks for the updates but this thread is ain't much
    w/out the pics.
    Tchrhooo dhat on the pics...pics are always nice...but excluding the gp bikes innerds all the pics are on the manufacturers respective websites....high res blown up and everything.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

  9. #9
    Lifer Rye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Northshore...once again
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,615

    Re: NYC Bike Show Thoughts

    KTM not bringing in the new superbike was THE disappointment of the show. They should have had that bike there.

    Kawasaki, the 250 is awesome. I see that thing turning into a nice little racer. Great update on that thing. ZX10r...gorgeous and loaded with tech (traction control system takes a big leap forward) and finally...back to side mount exhaust. But holy pain in the wrists. Very aggressive riding angle. White z1000 with red accents is shit hot.

    Suzuki. The new white gixxer with white rims is sexy!!! Bking...as ugly in the mags as it is in person. Hayabusa...I have been in the camp that loved the looks of this thing in the past, but they ruined the rear end, imho. Looks like a real performer though.

    Yamaha...with the exception of the wr250x supermoto....yawwwwnnnnnn.

    Honda CBR1000rr...not as polarizing in person as it was in the mags. But still blah. i do say THANK GOD for one of the mfgs. going back to curvy fairings.
    (under my breath..."I think I love goldwings").

    Ducati....Stoner's bike was gorgeous. 898...1098r...mama mia!

    Buell...1125r had nice cutaway of the Helicon. They did a good job on this motor. it looked like shim over bucket too? The bike's front fairing was wide, head on (not ugly), but the bike looked really cool side view and I like the looks a lot.

    The legend motocross section was cool. Nice seeing old RM's, KX's, in restored condition.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Ryan
    '95 ZX7/9
    '02 XR650R
    '78 KZ1000

  10. #10
    Dic on
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    14,642

    Re: NYC Bike Show Thoughts

    The BMW HP2 sport. Best bike of the show. Absolutely beautiful.


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Too bad ponies are assholes."

    OXX

  11. #11
    Dic on
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    14,642

    Re: NYC Bike Show Thoughts


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Too bad ponies are assholes."

    OXX

  12. #12
    KB KB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Manchester NH
    Age
    48
    Posts
    8,270

    Re: NYC Bike Show Thoughts

    That HP2 is sick sick sick. Will they ever go into production, or are they already? I looked on the BWW site and only saw the HP2 Enduro.



    KB

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by KB; 12-31-07 at 01:46 PM.
    LRRS/CCS EX #13

    GMD COMPUTRACK

  13. #13
    KB KB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Manchester NH
    Age
    48
    Posts
    8,270

    Re: NYC Bike Show Thoughts

    When I used to work at the college in boston one of the security guards had the r1200 big ass touring bike. He let me take it out one day during lunch. Fuckin great ride. It would lay rubber and do wheelies like no ones business. Great engine. Smooth and nice torque.

    KB

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS/CCS EX #13

    GMD COMPUTRACK

  14. #14
    The NEW hot Setup Manny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: NYC Bike Show Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by l3uddha View Post
    i was really liking the R1200... then i saw it in person. great looking bike but DAMN IT'S HUGE! highway pegs come standard though.
    Is that the R1200GS? Im diggin that bike too... Id love to do a trip like it was designed to be used for but Im a pretty boy who doesnt like gettin dirty.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

  15. #15
    Lifer a13x's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Escondido, CA
    Posts
    6,588

    Re: NYC Bike Show Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    I have some on my camera. I have to learn to get them onto the interwarp and I'll post them here.

    I got some solid stares from the Ducati guy when I was taking pics of the Alice gp bike. I was stuffing the camera behind the fairings to get pics inside them and taking close-ups of the brakes and stuff. he was moving over to shoo me away when I left the scene.

    d
    That was more because ppl try to pull parts off of that bike pretty often and steal shit. Sticking your hands behinds the fairings and stuff starts to push the line of what we are comfortable with. Taking close-up pics off all that jazz is fine thou

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Boston --> San Diego

  16. #16
    Dic on
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    14,642

    Re: NYC Bike Show Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by a13x View Post
    That was more because ppl try to pull parts off of that bike pretty often and steal shit. Sticking your hands behinds the fairings and stuff starts to push the line of what we are comfortable with. Taking close-up pics off all that jazz is fine thou
    Yeppers!!

    I didn't touch the bike at all (apart from the throttle, which was locked in the off position). I pointed my phone in the gap in the side fairing (you know, the one with the carbon fiber sticker on it ;-)) and took a pic of whatever I could in there just to see. Got some nice pics of the brake rotors and pads though.

    I should say that Ducati were far and away the company that gave most access to their gp bike of all the manufacturers.

    Also, the white on the 848 is absolutely beautiful. I didn't see any bad paint on any of the Ducati show bikes at all. The 1098R is really really nice too. That's the bike i would get if money were no object (except the desmo 16 of course). The BMW HP2 sport at 25k is very reasonable for all the technology on it, although 130hp doesn't cut it these days, it's enough for Loudon and VIR.

    Funniest thing overheard at the Ducati booth:

    "Yeah, there's the Multistada. Those things just didn't sell at all."

    Manny quickly corrected the guy.

    derek

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Too bad ponies are assholes."

    OXX

  17. #17
    Just Registered KillBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Southern, NH
    Age
    40
    Posts
    11,735

    Re: NYC Bike Show Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by rmbbikes View Post
    That HP2 is sick sick sick. Will they ever go into production, or are they already? I looked on the BWW site and only saw the HP2 Enduro.



    KB
    +1000

    SWEETNESS!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  18. #18
    Lifer a13x's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Escondido, CA
    Posts
    6,588

    Re: NYC Bike Show Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    Yeppers!!

    I didn't touch the bike at all (apart from the throttle, which was locked in the off position). I pointed my phone in the gap in the side fairing (you know, the one with the carbon fiber sticker on it ;-)) and took a pic of whatever I could in there just to see. Got some nice pics of the brake rotors and pads though.

    I should say that Ducati were far and away the company that gave most access to their gp bike of all the manufacturers.

    Also, the white on the 848 is absolutely beautiful. I didn't see any bad paint on any of the Ducati show bikes at all. The 1098R is really really nice too. That's the bike i would get if money were no object (except the desmo 16 of course). The BMW HP2 sport at 25k is very reasonable for all the technology on it, although 130hp doesn't cut it these days, it's enough for Loudon and VIR.

    Funniest thing overheard at the Ducati booth:

    "Yeah, there's the Multistada. Those things just didn't sell at all."

    Manny quickly corrected the guy.

    derek
    Word. Glad you like our booth. I'm making it even cooler for next year. As I mentioned with the 848 paint, some came without clear (accident) and it's being fixed as we speak. All of 848's I've seen have been mint paint thou. Whoops.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Boston --> San Diego

Similar Threads

  1. RI car & bike show jan 25-28
    By sxlova07 in forum Rides & Events
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-23-07, 01:46 PM
  2. Random Thoughts.....600cc bike....
    By TheIglu in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-23-04, 03:27 PM
  3. new bike thoughts
    By oreo_n2 in forum General Bike Related
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-14-04, 08:00 AM
  4. NE Bike Show
    By Half Squid in forum Rides & Events
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-02-04, 10:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •