Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Failed NH state inspection, not surprised. Tire info?

Question Failed NH state inspection, not surprised. Tire info?

So, I went for my NH state inspection at Concord Motorcycle last night. It failed, which was no surprise to me. The front tire tread depth has seen better days and if it had passed, it would have been by a hair. But alas, it failed as I expected.

The other failure point was that my throttle would not spring back on it's own when the handlebars were pushed fully to the right ....but as you straightened the handlebars back out, it would pop back at a certain point. I couldn't resist the urge to ask him; "What situation would I be in where my handlebars are pushed to the right turn limits and I would have my throttle opened that much"? He replied with "In a parking lot"? "NOT".......Either way, good guy. He did not notify the state of my failure or anything, he just told me if I come back, find him, show him that the problems have been fixed and he will give me a clean bill of health for no extra cost.

Anyway, I fixed that throttle issue myself by adjusting the little tension nuts on the cable housing when I got home. Problem solved in seconds.

So, next, I'll most likely be mail ordering some new tires and I'll be calling Jim Pidgeon before the end of the month to install them for me. Even though the back tire still has about 1500-2000 miles left on her, I'm going to change them both out and save the current rear tire as a spare. The B12S came with Michelin Macadams, but I'm thinking of going with Avon Azaro ST 45/46's Avon 45/46's for replacement. I've heard they make a good all weather sport/touring tire.

So, I'm wondering if anyone else here have experience with the these Avon's? Wear? Performance? Good? Bad? Other suggestions? Pipe in

I've also priced out Dunlop's D220, Pirelli's Diablo Strada, Metzeler's Z6 & Michelin's Pilot Road. They all hover between the $197.90 (Dunlops) to $239.00 (Michelin) range per pair for my bike. The Avon's priced out at $223.95 before shipping.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Zorlock; 05-05-05 at 07:55 AM.
    see ya,
    DJD

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

Kinda but were you running an aftermarket pipe and if so did they say anything about it?

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Nope, stock pipe.

see ya,
    DJD

I just got an e-mail from a friend saying chaparral , Dulop 120/70r17 - D208zr ,,, $73.37 ( $82.37 with shipping ) sounds good to me ????