Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

CARB threat to civilization

The latest CARB rules if alowed to stand will end USA society as you know it. These human hating mother earth religious terrorists will have you walking soon.

They have slipped in a reduction for dogma green house gases reduction rule ie Carbon DIoxide. The only way this can be accomplished is by burining less gasolene per mile or not selling cars/trucks that do. Currently only hybrid vehicles might be able to pass this test.

You end up in a hybrid pregnant roller skate that you just had to pay an extra $4000. Lord help you when you try to keep one of these or try to sell it with a tired battery pack that cost $4500 to replace.

The mother earth terrorist want you to live in an efficiency apartment and walk to work. They don't want you driving around commiting heresy on their God Mother Earth.

Your local neo commie governments will undoubtably follow right along so start the fight or learn to like your video games cause that is all you will be permitted to have.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Glen Beck is John the Baptist

Littering and........

OMG!!

HEAVEN FORBID WE HAVE MORE FUEL EFFICIENT VEHICLES!!!

Littering and........

"Mother Earth Terrorists"...HAHAHAHAHA

Thanks for that, I needed a good laugh this morning.

Wouldn't wanna breath in 40 years, now would we! Much rather drive my Ford Excursion alone 40 miles each way to work so I can live in the fresh air of the countryside! I wanna build MY new house in the woods, but then will make a stink if someone else does nearby.

Bush-ism at it's best....(flame away Bush lovers, I could give a shit)

I have a catalitic converter on my bike and it don't bother me one bit. If they had a truck that was a hybrid in my price range, I woulda bought it. If I could swing the money for one of those gay little Honda Insight's, I would. For 65 MPG, HELL YES I WOULD. I would spend around $12 a week on gas!!! HELL YEAH! It sure would mean an extra bike in my garage with all the money I would save on gas.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Lifer

You've been reading too much Bush/Oil company propaganda...

You will eventually have a hybrid or electric vehicle that outperforms your current ICE one by a solid margin... this is just a kick in the pants to get the lazy ass car companies to get to work on it.

Science, Engineering, and good old elbow grease WILL find a way.

Littering and........

Originally posted by benVFR
    You've been reading too much Bush/Oil company propaganda...

You will eventually have a hybrid or electric vehicle that outperforms your current ICE one by a solid margin... this is just a kick in the pants to get the lazy ass car companies to get to work on it.

Science, Engineering, and good old elbow grease WILL find a way.
    The new Hybrid V-6 Accord is faster than the "normally aspirated" one!

My wife has one and its pretty fast....cant wait to have a faster one that gets better fuel mileage

Lifer

Yah the new hybrid Accord should open people's eyes a little... It is faster than all of the ICE-only Accords and gets the best mileage of the group.

There have been rumors for a long time now that the next gen NSX is a hybrid.. that will also go a long way towards making people fear new engine technologies less..

Honda also has shown off Hybrid, Fuel cell, and straight electric scooters this year, they have got to be pretty close to getting the technology ready for a motorcycle...

Ben

Littering and........

I was really hoping that BMW was going to do some more work on those hydrogen powered rigs they had - they were still internal combustion, but the by-product was purified water, and they had AMAZING power.

Plus, they would likely be able to retro fit older internal combusiton motors to work with the hydrogen (BMW had a fleet of 750il's that used a modified V-12).

Yeah, when there's a hybrid that performs like my M3 used to I'll consider it... until then, its not for me...

Those BMW hydrogen cars were neat, but hydrogen powered cars are just so much further off due to all the considerations of hydrogen... Those 750s were damn neat.

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

Lifer

If any of the car companies or major racing organizations decided to focus on an electric or hybrid car they would rapidly have one that would easily smoke an M3...

The T-zero electric car is pretty close to being able to stomp an M3 on anything except a highway or very high speed track... it just doesn't have the range. And that is a very small company working on it, not Ferrari or BMW or something...

Imagine what would happen if that freak Bernie Ecclestone (sp?) decided on a whim next year that F1 cars had to be hybrids...

You guys are so cute....

More has been done in this area then under any other administation

hahaha...haters hate on.... KEEP THE STEREO TYPES ALIVE!!!

hahaha...cuz thats all you guys have left....

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Littering and........

Originally posted by bigred875
    You guys are so cute....

More has been done in this area then under any other administation

hahaha...haters hate on.... KEEP THE STEREO TYPES ALIVE!!!

hahaha...cuz thats all you guys have left....
    I would like for it to be noted that I abstained from the Bush part of this argument entirely.

Ok, so let me get this straight! It's just fine for the environmental nutjobs to drive around in their hybrid vehicles because they emit fewer harmful gasses (I'm ok with that). But, what those fucknuts fail to understand is that the battery packs in their vehicles will one day have to be disposed of. Disposing of these batteries will be far more harmful to the environment than working on a solution to a lower emmissions combustion engine. Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but battery acid is a really bad thing to dump into the ground, right!?!?!?!?!?

LRRS#167

Littering and........

Originally posted by lrrs167
    Ok, so let me get this straight! It's just fine for the environmental nutjobs to drive around in their hybrid vehicles because they emit fewer harmful gasses (I'm ok with that). But, what those fucknuts fail to understand is that the battery packs in their vehicles will one day have to be disposed of. Disposing of these batteries will be far more harmful to the environment than working on a solution to a lower emmissions combustion engine. Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but battery acid is a really bad thing to dump into the ground, right!?!?!?!?!?
    The problem with working solely on vehicles that get better mileage is that oil is a non-renewable resource, which we are going to be completely out of at some point in OUR lifetimes. (Apparently at some point it gets too expensive to mine to be worth bothering with.)

Battery acid is only harmful if it is dealt with improperly, and electricity is a renewable resource.

The batteries on these "new" Hybrid vehicles are expected to last more than 100,000 miles. Now if YOU can convince ME that those batteries that have a mandatory recycling process in place in order to get replacements is MORE harmful than all the gas normal cars use over the Hybrids, then you get a cookie.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR

Just Registered

Originally posted by highsider
    The new Hybrid V-6 Accord is faster than the "normally aspirated" one!

My wife has one and its pretty fast....cant wait to have a faster one that gets better fuel mileage
    HOLY CRAP, the 2005 accord hybrid has 255 hp! That's awesome!!

http://automobiles.honda.com/info/pr...ord_hybrid.asp

Originally posted by hohum
    Yeah, when there's a hybrid that performs like my M3 used to I'll consider it... until then, its not for me...

The only production car to beat an un-governed EV-2 was the Corvette with an L-88 option.

I drove an un-gov. EV-2. I like linear acceleration.

With that said: I'd hate to see our electric bill (we fund Seabrook Nuc station). And the Hydrogen? spark-boom! Talk about having 20million hydrogen bombs running around...

I don't think oil will run out any time soon!!!!

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

Lifer

I cut the floorboards out of my truck last week. It runs like the flintstone mobile now.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

Originally posted by hessogood
    I cut the floorboards out of my truck last week. It runs like the flintstone mobile now.
    I hope you have some good snow shoes then

Quote Originally Posted by Kham View Post
    you seem to be related to nikon. so fuckyou too! go suck a cock./1
    2012 R1200GS Rallye

You guys still miss the point

The God Mother Earth Terrorist hate you.

This is incrementalism at its best
    First make new cars so expensive most workers can't afford them
    Make the cars so that they are impractical as used so the common scum can't afford used ones either.
    Heard the human scum into dense cities.

Very soon they will be after any activity that makes you want to leave the house and spread your filth on God Mother including motorcycles of any kind.

Excuse me the "Hydrogen fairy" is calling. I'm waiting for a stiff breeze for my wind powered dildo. When the clouds clear my solar powered car can go up this hill. I am taking out my oil burner and installing a breeder reactor.

There is only one thing that the God Mother Earth Terrorist hate more than you; your chilldren.

Don't buy into there "good intentions"

Glen Beck is John the Baptist

Littering and........

Originally posted by richw
    You guys still miss the point

The God Mother Earth Terrorist hate you.

This is incrementalism at its best
    First make new cars so expensive most workers can't afford them
    Make the cars so that they are impractical as used so the common scum can't afford used ones either.
    Heard the human scum into dense cities.

Very soon they will be after any activity that makes you want to leave the house and spread your filth on God Mother including motorcycles of any kind.

Excuse me the "Hydrogen fairy" is calling. I'm waiting for a stiff breeze for my wind powered dildo. When the clouds clear my solar powered car can go up this hill. I am taking out my oil burner and installing a breeder reactor.

There is only one thing that the God Mother Earth Terrorist hate more than you; your chilldren.

Don't buy into there "good intentions"

LMAO....have you considered writing a book????? You are HILARIOUS!!!

Where can one find these "God Mother Earth Terrorists" that hate children so? Do they make good pets?

Since when do dildos need power? I thought vibrators needed power?? Do they make a gasoline powered vibrator?

It burns, it burns!

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR

i'll buy a hybrid once they makes one that can tow 16,000lbs, but for now i'll drive my 12mpg vehicle to work alone with a 60 mile round trip each day

Yamaha

Littering and........

Originally posted by R7
    i'll buy a hybrid once they makes one that can tow 16,000lbs, but for now i'll drive my 12mpg vehicle to work alone with a 60 mile round trip each day
    So you require a vehicle that will tow 16,000 lbs to drive to work along each day?

I can get you this SMOKIN deal on Jenny Craig......

Lifer

If we keep wasting the oil left and right and don't prepare for new energy sources we're going to get hit a lot harder when oil starts to get harder to find...

Big trucks aren't going to help you if gas is $30/gallon and it's rationed cause the military needs all the gas to fight China to get more oil.

Greenpeace and Sierra club aren't going to be making the laws anytime soon but things like CARB have to happen.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast