Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Cali Cruising

Cali Cruising

AS some folks already know, i just got back from california, and since i stayed over last weekend i got a really cheap airline ticket... which my boss liked. So i had a weekend to play in the beautiful sunny bay area. Oh baby oh.

I rented a BMW R1150R while i was there so i could do some riding on the most beautiful land i have ever seen and get rid of my jonesing for a last ride fo the season. it was absolutely awesome. i took a bunch of pix with a disposable camera, after i get em developed i will try to post em. anyways, the roads are gorgeous out there(tight and twisty all over the place, while riding along a cliff 100' up all along the ocean side) , the weather is perfect (70 during the day, not humid, but sunny and clear and cool at night) ... nothing could have been better for loggin a couple of days of miles ( i did over 900 miles in the two days i had the bike), except if i could have had my helmet and MY bike.

The bmw left a lot to be desired in my opinion, i cant even describe it as mildly "quick" and the handling was real iffy. but it had neat gadgets, like a power windscreen and grip heaters. the helmet they had for me .. genuinely pissed me off.... they had only these open face things, which suck!!!!! i really should have brought mine somehow. live and learn i guess.

The scenery, the roads and the people i met up with made up for the defficienies of the bike and head gear.

If anyone ever plans on riding around San Fran, (North or South of there) let me know and i can set you up with some phenominal routes and great roads.

I am thinking a cross county trip may be in order in the coming years so i can do that ride with Christina and anyone else who wants to come along.

p.s. Oh yea, i was doing this wonderful trip... all while it was snowing and icing back here. i couldn't help but to stop and chuckle a few times.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by oreo_n2; 11-22-02 at 10:07 AM.

Cali Cruising

Lucky bastid. At least someone got some good weather riding done!

"You never see a motorcycle parked outside of a psychiatrists office"

....................... PinHead's Avatar

Cali Cruising

I am jellous!

2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2003 Harley Softail Deuce

Lifer

Cali Cruising

If you did 900 miles in two days the bike obviously had some good qualities.

Ben

Cali Cruising

yea it was pretty comfy. except for that sucky ass helmet.
    just wasnt the same as my baby in the garage though.