Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

ok, how about a big heater?

Well, since I'm gonna be working in the garage, I'm gonna need a big heater of some sort, like one of those torpedo shaped construction heaters, or something like that. I WAS going to borrow one from a co-worker, but his son lent it to somebody else (oh well). I checked at the local hardwaer store but they want $30 A DAY to rent their 60k BTU one, and that seems like way more than I was planning on spending, if I could avoid it.

So, any of you guys have one of these things I can use for a week or 2?(there'd be a 6pack in it for you, but I'm only 20)(crosses fingers)

thanks

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Balls," I said. "Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Cafe Racers."

- Hunter S Thompson

2 x 82 GS 650, '94 RM 80

Lifer

If you're going to be sitting in one place most of the time, one of the parabolic heaters would work. I don't think those are too expensive.

I haven't used this particular one but it's similar: http://www.heatershop.com/model_SUN1...ce_heater.html

They seem to be good enough for sitting in one place not doing much physical activity (computer in freezing room, etc.. ) so if you're moving around/wrenching it's probably good enough.

Ben

Try Bj's whole sale shop or what ever , Saw they had some heaters , dunno how much tho

Banned

Matt, I have one you can borrow. It's at my office in West Bridgewwater. If you have a p/u truck you can come get it. It takes Paraffin (that's kerosene to you colonials)

Degs

I use an upright kerosene heater for my garage. It is made for indoor (living space) type use, has a wire grill around the whole thing that protects from touching the hot part and has a switch that turns it off in the event of a tip over. I've used it a couple of years now - bought it as part of my Y2K preparedness kit - what a joke that was!! Heater works great though. I think that I bought mail order from Notherntool.

The only bad thing about this arrangement is that everytime I bring the temp up in the detached garage everything gets condensation all over it. I worry that the inside of the engine is getting moisture (= rust) like the outside of the bike. On the new daytona I have covered the exhaust with plastic to seal it.

There's my $.02....

Tim B.
    Manchester, NH
    2002 Triumph Daytona 955i
    CSBA #256
    www.christiansportbike.com
    Jesus Rocks!

i was going 2 wood stove mine

im 1 lazzy fucker so im putin in a oil furnace hit the t stat wait 30 mins & its like warm in there
    (Matt, I have one you can borrow. It's at my office in West Bridgewwater. If you have a p/u truck you can come get it. It takes Paraffin) (that's kerosene to you colonials)
    if your using 1 of these make sure you vent leave door open a bit in a small garage

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

degs, chack your PMs

"Balls," I said. "Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Cafe Racers."

- Hunter S Thompson

2 x 82 GS 650, '94 RM 80