Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

View Poll Results: DID YOU, OR DID YOU NOT TAKE OUT A LOAN?

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • I PAID CASH

87 67.44%
  • I HAVE A LOAN

29 22.48%
  • FUCK OFF

9 6.98%
  • I WHEELIED IT TO DEATH!

4 3.10%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Ok honest question

Hawk Is Respectable Now WordTooYoMamma's Avatar
    Wirelessly posted (Tilt: HTC-ST7377/2.10.502.4 (93577) Opera/9.7 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

100% Financed 5.25% interest from my credit union.

$10,500 2009 Gsxr750

Really the only way I could own something nice and shiney with the ammount of money I pay for school loans,bills, and still have a little nest egg...Without saving for 10 years.

Oh yea one more thing....
    Fuck off

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Ok honest question

Paid all three of my bikes cash.

The R6 was my first bike bought new when I was in graduate school, was my street bike (is now a race bike).

Bought the motard cash.

Bought the ducati cash.

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy 2 Shots View Post
    Who paid cash for their bike and had to pay rent or a morgage?
    Morgage, property tax, homeowners insurance, electric bill, cable/internet/phone bill, food/clothing and accessories to run the house...the list goes on

Only streetbike I ever financed was my 1999 R7 and currently have a offroad toy financed only because the rate was so low.

Yamaha

Cash only. Always for toys. I won't make any exceptions. If I can't afford to pay for it out of pocket, I don't need it. That goes for all vehicles in my world. I don't mind turning a wrench or learning how to fix something. I used to buy beater vehicles and drive them long after I should. Sure it feels good to have a nice shiny truck in my driveway now but does it make me a better person than when I had an '87 LeBaron? I learned a lot that way and fixed up a couple of salvaged vehicles - one of them twice. I never even made a vehicle payment until my most recent truck, and that's at 0%. My father drilled into me the phrase "don't take a banker to lunch" and I'll always remember that.

LRRS EX #7
    Low Down Racing
    - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Computrack Boston - Lifeproof -

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    Morgage, property tax, homeowners insurance, electric bill, cable/internet/phone bill, food/clothing and accessories to run the house...the list goes on

Only streetbike I ever financed was my 1999 R7 and currently have a offroad toy financed only because the rate was so low.
    Unmarried, no kids, no child support. No wonder.

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

Had $11500 in my pocket when I bought my Ducati new in spring. After discussing it with the sales man and the wifey I finance it with $5500 down. My payments are $156 per month. I needed the credit. So it worked out. Plus it gave me the ability to use the other $6k elsewhere.

Degsy: "i never had red hair"

some people crash because it is out of their control
    others crash because They are out of control

http://www.landricscustoms.com

Quote Originally Posted by 07BladeRider View Post
    Unmarried also = no second income

Yamaha

not married any more, in grad school, working full time, and closing on my house friday.

I've got a loan on the duc, but the hawk and 600rr I own outright. I put a large chunk down on the 848 when I bought it from Hobbs, but financed at like 4.25%.

BTW, just sold the 600rr to buy Pittenger's trailer. This past week I came to to the quick realization that I couldn't afford to race two bikes, and live in my house at the same time. One had to go, less attached to the 600rr.

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    Believe me, Annalisa's income(s) aren't paying for anything but her horse right now.

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

Quote Originally Posted by jcbell1007 View Post
    not married any more, in grad school, working full time, and closing on my house friday.

I've got a loan on the duc, but the hawk and 600rr I own outright. I put a large chunk down on the 848 when I bought it from Hobbs, but financed at like 4.25%.

BTW, just sold the 600rr to buy Pittenger's trailer. This past week I came to to the quick realization that I couldn't afford to race two bikes, and live in my house at the same time. One had to go, less attached to the 600rr.
    Fucker. I didn't know you were that serious. Who did you sell it to?

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

My KZ1000, KZ1100, and SV650 were all done with cash (albeit each was under $6K)

While I had the cash to buy my 12R outright (it was new), I put $5K down and financed the rest at a little over 3% to build credit since my life was pretty much off the books at that point in my life.

Last edited by ZX-12R; 10-25-10 at 08:39 PM.
    "...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

What is driving this poll? Wondering where you're going with this Keith!?!?

(also what secret project you're working on...!)

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

I have financed nearly every motorized vehicle I've operated however the flip side to that is I have never had a credit card so years of financing vehicles is the way I have built and maintained a good credit score.

I'm here for the circle jerk...

-Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

What is driving this poll? Wondering where you're going with this Keith!?!?

(also what secret project you're working on...!)
    The point will be revealed in due time... due, time....

as for the secret, well since you asked ill tell you, my plan is to go to seacoast with one of my new t handle allen keys, most likely the 6mm and have patricia keep watch as i take a right side fairing bolt off one of the bikes on the floor...

chances are it aint gonna happen, but a man can try right?

i just need to get some stuff for the winter, and figured being mysterious and vague is so much cooler....

Maybe everyone here makes a lot more money than I do, but I can't imagine being able to walk into a dealership with $10k in cash. Life in general is too damn expensive for me to be able to afford to buy a motorcycle without financing. I'm single, I live by myself, and I've got no family money; $150 a month I can easily afford, but $8000+ in one chunk I can't. For those of you that can, consider yourselves lucky.

--mark

'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe
    My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
    Bennington Triumph Bash, Oct 1-3, 2021

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Quote Originally Posted by Doc
    Quote Originally Posted by jcbell1007 View Post

Fucker. I didn't know you were that serious. Who did you sell it to?
    I gave my brother a good deal on his first bike. And he's paying in cash.

financed my first bike last year . . . . totaled it

Financed my new bike this year . . . . been making double payments and using it to get credit.

Financing was the only way i was ever getting myself a bike within a resonable timeframe and i used it to build credit.

www.bostonmoto.com
    2009 Zx-6r--17,680 miles and counting!!
    2008 ZZR600 - - - 10,268 miles totaled
    Ride to live, live to ride

I paid off two student loans and two personal loans recently. Paid cash for my car. Sold my old cruiser and took that money to put down on my FZ. Technically I financed the whole thing but my first payment was 2300$ with no penalty for early payment.

Banned
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

Quote Originally Posted by markbvt
    Maybe everyone here makes a lot more money than I do, but I can't imagine being able to walk into a dealership with $10k in cash. Life in general is too damn expensive for me to be able to afford to buy a motorcycle without financing. I'm single, I live by myself, and I've got no family money; $150 a month I can easily afford, but $8000+ in one chunk I can't. For those of you that can, consider yourselves lucky.

--mark
    +1

Banned
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

Quote Originally Posted by R7
    Quote Originally Posted by 07BladeRider View Post
    Mark. I had paid over $150k in mortgage payments before you moved out on your own. That would buy me a lot of bikes cash.

Everyone has a different story. Just because someone doesn't pay cash for a bike doesn't mean they are a loser. Many folks these days live almost paycheck to paycheck, me included. Took me 6 years to pay for my truck and I'm proud of paying it off. Almost done with the bike also now. I would need a wining lottery ticket to buy a vehicle cash.

Btw, I'm not directing all this at you mark. The whole movin out thing was just a cheap jab. Haha.

2007 Kawi zx6r. $7,200 out the door brand new. Paid cash right after I sold my race car. Rode it for a few months before finding the SV650 for sale at the track and bought that to race. And yes there was a mortgage at the time.

Fitz

I'm not old enough to get a loan..had to pay cash.

I am currently on the payment plan right now though haha.

Last edited by csmutty; 10-26-10 at 05:00 AM.
    -Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

loan... Stinger to be paid off this Spring (tax return) Clean title - hint hint!
    2011 Speed Triple will be cash unless Triumph offers some great interest rate.

The base prices of the Stinger was <8K$ however with the upgrades it brings it well above the 8K$

Last streetbike was cash for me too...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast