Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Options for NoMar

Options for NoMar

So I'm finally sick of tire irons and working over an old car rim and picked up a NoMar. I want a couple of mounting options for this thing. I plan on buying the trailer hitch mount, but when I was at a BostonMoto track day a guy ahead of me in line had his NoMar bolted to a couple of boxed in 4x4s and I'm wondering how well that worked out.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Banned
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

It held it down quite well actually.

I have owned 2 no-Mars and they are awesome tire changers. Both of mine were bolted to the garage floor but I used the one at the track last week and it worked fine in the trailer there except for the fact that Gay-Ray sent it up without the flipping mount-demount bar so I ended up using tire irons on it......in 90degree weather.....in full leathers.

You're welcome Hank :-).

Re: Options for NoMar

Mine is bolted to a 4'x4' piece of 3/4 inch plywood with 2x4's underneath. That way I can stand on the plywood to keep it from moving.

14 Triumph Street Triple R, 18 TM 450SMX sumo, 15 Husky 250SXF tard, 14 KTM 250SXF and Cole's Grom
    LRRS/CCS #66
    Thank you to my sponsors: Sidi / AMSOIL / Klutch Industries

Awesome. Thanks for the replies! I want to have this thing on the somewhat portable side.

I bolted mine to the floor of my garage. Took about 10 minutes with a hiltey drill and 4 concrete bolts.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=44.475947,-73.214229

There's portable and there's stable/usable.

I had my harbor freight one bolted to the end of a cable reel (about 42" dia).

worked out well and I could roll it around. Would be too cumberson for track use.

I was looking for something I could drag out to the garage, into the driveway or leave in my basement during the winter. Not sure I would bother lugging it to the track. I'll just find Degsy for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

It held it down quite well actually.

I have owned 2 no-Mars and they are awesome tire changers. Both of mine were bolted to the garage floor but I used the one at the track last week and it worked fine in the trailer there except for the fact that Gay-Ray sent it up without the flipping mount-demount bar so I ended up using tire irons on it......in 90degree weather.....in full leathers.

You're welcome Hank :-).
    Actually that would be my NoMar Tire Changer since I paid for it and Ray has not paid me yet!! Got the reciept and all the paper work for it too!! It's for sale by the way.

508-653-8604 h 508-395-9812 c

Corrado Building & Remodeling, Inc.
    14-A Waushakum St
    Framingham, MA 01702
    508-875-6201
    www.cbrinc.com

Banned

Uh-oh.

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post

Uh-oh.
    That's puting it nicely!!!

508-653-8604 h 508-395-9812 c

Corrado Building & Remodeling, Inc.
    14-A Waushakum St
    Framingham, MA 01702
    508-875-6201
    www.cbrinc.com

I Love giggle drops..!! BluGixxer's Avatar

I have a upgraded/ modified Harbor Frieght special. I wish I could have a nomar set up !
    I have Four 7/16 redhead studs anchored in my concrete floor in my garage. I can remove the four nuts and put it off to the side, only takes a minute. It took me some extra time to drill the four holes perfect, and I was still off a little and had to grind the holes bigger in the tire machine. I also have a 4'x4' sheet of plywood with 6" square plates for washers on the backside, and welded carage bolts. The same four nuts can brake this down for travel.
    My preferance is the concrete floor, the less movement and flex the better off you are.

How much for the used nomar setup ?
    Pm me with a price, thanks Ray

Beat It Like A Rented Mule !!
    Legend in my own mind