Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Oreo.... on a TLR????

Oreo.... on a TLR????

Other Rumors reported, was that Oreo, aka Brent, was observed at speeds of over 100 mph, on a Yellow 1999 TLR. So has it, Brent went into a crazy fury, pushed Mark, "TLRMan" on the ground, and Rode off on his TLR! Mark, after recoving fom the assault, gave chase on Brent's 600, and eventually caught up to Brent in traffic. Mark managed to coax Brent to the side of the road, with a naked pic of Pam Anderson. No other injuries occured in this incident.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Too old to rock and roll, too young to die.

Oreo.... on a TLR????

I dont know what you are talking about. i swear there is no yello super twin in my garage.

hehehe

but DDDDAAAAAAMAMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

that fucking bike cooks! i cant wait to get one!!!!

damnit, gotta get some bills paid first though.

soon though, soon!

thanks Mark!

[Edited on 6/17/02 by oreo_n2]

Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

Oreo.... on a TLR????

Dressed up as "Little Red Riding Hood" no doubt, to sneak up on ya' TLRman.

Hmmm... seemed nice enough at the party. I'll have to keep an eye on him around the gixxer.

Thanks for the heads-up.

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

Oreo.... on a TLR????

Blue with lots of shiny chrome... $7k... hmm i better go talk to this guy quick.

damnit... i'm in MD for the week.

D'OH!

i will email him to see whats up.

thanks for the heads up.

Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

Oreo.... on a TLR????

yea but this one is a little more than just a stock 2001 TLS.

its shiny in all kinda of places and has some preformance mods too. a good starting point for me.
    i really dont feel like rebuilding another bike. i spent all winter getting the little red riding bitch to her squidly self.
    if you think she's a P.O.S. now, you should have seen her last fall.

Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

Lifer

Oreo.... on a TLR????

How many miles did you put on your RF600?

Ben

Oreo.... on a TLR????

after this weekend, it something like 8 or 9 thousand. i am just kinda bored and frustrated with trying to get the thing to go. i always have to keep the revs up and i have been trying to do my best at it, but its too much work to have to worry about it all the time. i really like the way i can just get on teh gas when I WANT TOO on that TLR and get the acceleration when i want it, not have to plan in advance for it.

i almost see the difference as being similar to comparing a vetter with a rice burner honda... to get those little rice cars to go, you gotta do all this shit all teh time to keep the speed on tap, but with the vette, you might have to drop a gear now or then, but probably not all that often, so you just punch it and go.

everything about that thing was light years ahead of the RF in terms of stability too, maybe mine was beaten by the last guy or something but i just felt so much more stable on the big gun. i know its a lot more power, but i am pretty relaxed behind in the drivers seat, i dont push beyond my abilities and i do practive every chance i get to go loop around some clovers or rotaries.
    i am not afraid!

:cool

[Edited on 6/17/02 by oreo_n2]

Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

Oreo.... on a TLR????

Brent,
    Before you go out and Buy a TLR/S, you should try out some inline literbikes too.
    That's if anyone will let you..LOL!

I could have purchased an R1, or a 929, RC-51, or a Gixxer, Hell, I could have even picked up a Duc! But after all the smoke cleared, The Tiller had more....Sure, it's not the fastest thing out there, and not the prettiest, but it's the WAY it does it. There is not much that needs to be done to make a tiller run with the boys. The biggest benefit was to put lighter rims on it. Loosing 18 lbs of unsprung weight really made a difference. You have a total of 24 clicks of suspension adjustments in the front, and 52 at the rear, not including spring preload. It turns in just as easily, and remains very stable, at speed. The new 954 Honda, is probably one of the most unstable, and squirelly things I have ever ridden! Besides the old Kawasaki Z1-900..anyone remember those? Damn things would wobble you to death!

One thing that you probably noticed was the amount of low-end power you have.
    The liter bikes have the same, but you gotta wind them up to get the same result. No downshifting here, to pass those cars....and if you feel silly, you can go from 15 mph to 125mph in 3rd gear, and get there before an R1 does....

Still, I do suggest you try out an R1 or something similar, before you commit to one of the worst built bikes out there. But you had the opportunity to find out a well kept secret...Lets keep it that way OK?

Something to keep your mind off of the TLR...

[img]http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?userid=TLR&album_id=60087&image_id=17&c
    [/img]

[Edited on 6/18/02 by TLRMan]

Oreo.... on a TLR????

yea i just checked the financials and budgets a little closer... it'll be a while before i can get on a twin of my own.

time to start scrimping and saving the pennies. and stop dumping them into li'l red riding bitch.

i kinda wanna try out the one liter inlines... but not really either. i was gonna be fair and try a bunch of shit, but i am changin my mind now. i was just so stoked when i got off that bike. I do wanna try out cooters honda super chicken too. just to compare ergonomics and keep working that non-bias angle.

ahh fair is fair... who's gonna lend me an R1 or Gixxer 1000 for a week or two.

Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

Lifer

Oreo.... on a TLR????

You may want to try an SV too, if you just want to not have to shift as much, you really don't ever have to wait to get it to go, except maybe on the highway if you let it creep down to like 40mph in 6th gear. The torque curve is a lot wider than the RF600. If you just want mad power get a bigger bike.

Also maybe a ZX-6 or ZX-7, they have wider torque curves than your RF600 supposedly.

Are you going to sell the RF600 if you switch? My little brother is looking for a bike, yours might be good for him.

Ben

[Edited on 6/18/02 by benSV]

Oreo.... on a TLR????

i don't think oreo could be man enough to eat his words and get an SV...

it's too good a bike for 'im.

The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple.

Lifer

Oreo.... on a TLR????

I'm just surprised he wants a liter bike already.

Oreo must be riding like every day rain or shine. Seems like 2 months ago he told me he only had like 1300 miles experience and the RF600 was scary fast.

Ben

Oreo.... on a TLR????

well i think it was more than 1300 miles two months ago.. that might have been just what i have done this season i think.

last year along i put about 3500 miles on there.

but miles alone aren;t what matters, its what i have been doing in those miles.

in the last two months i have been riding almost every day that the sun is out, and a few when the sun isn't too. and everytime i ride i find someplace to practice something. that thing did scare me with speed at first, but i have gotten control of her with practice and now i am just plain ol bored. none of this probably would have happened if i hadn't been riding with everyone else around here, pushing the limits carefully to get my own skilz together.
    i was grossly misinformed as to what *fast* really meant when i finished up last season.

as for riding an SV.... eehhh i like the fairings and windscreens too much.
    i am a poser at heart i think.

Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

Lifer

Oreo.... on a TLR????

Originally posted by oreo_n2

in the last two months i have been riding almost every day that the sun is out, and a few when the sun isn't too. and everytime i ride i find someplace to practice something. that thing did scare me with speed at first, but i have gotten control of her with practice and now i am just plain ol bored. none of this probably would have happened if i hadn't been riding with everyone else around here, pushing the limits carefully to get my own skilz together.
    i was grossly misinformed as to what *fast* really meant when i finished up last season.

as for riding an SV.... eehhh i like the fairings and windscreens too much.
    i am a poser at heart i think.
    Heh.. I totally understand the thing about fairings and windscreens, etc...

It is too bad wind protection == higher insurance ratings.

I know what you mean about getting experience. Interesting your bike has you bored while mine seems to constantly remind me that I have a ton to learn. I can ride a lot faster than I could last year too, but I know I don't need a bigger bike... Hell just about every time I go through a corner, even if I'm 2x over the speed limit, there is a little voice in the back of my head telling me the bike wants to go a LOT faster. And if anything I'm using less of the bike's power. I simply don't feel like accelerating hard out of the corners is the answer if I can just flow smoothly through instead.

Ben

Oreo.... on a TLR????

You might want to wait 'till September...
    can you say nakkid GSX-R1000?

Looks like my next bike will be a GSV-R.

Oreo' if you are serious about the TL, be sure to review the specs for the last few years. From what I can gather, the '98 was the most power with the least problems.
    Plus, with that many years gone by you could get a good deal.

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

Oreo.... on a TLR????

Originally posted by silent1
    Technically, the 97 TLS had the most power out of all of them, with 114hp. Then it went down from there. Also, the TLR weighs a bit more than the S, but has more top end.
    Yes the 97 TLS had the most power of the TLS's. And like Josh said, the TLS is cammed for more torque down low.
    Josh can get going, and I have to count to "3" before I start to reel him in.
    The TLR made 5 to 6 hp more than the TLS. With the help of forged pistons, strengthened rods, camshaft timing and lift differences, along with 2 stage fuel injection. As for the 98 being the best, not so...The '98 year was when they had problems with the fuel vent breaking, and a couple of other little "BUGs" that were fuel related.

As for the Best, there were absolutely NO changes made from 1998 to present year 2002. Except for an ECU change with the 2001-2002 models. All internal parts, bodywork etc remained the same except paint, and decals. As for power to the rear wheel, add pipes, airbox mods, yosh box or PCII mapping, Machining .013" (increase compression ratio to 12.5 : 1) off the heads, clean up the intake ports, and you will see over 130 hp to the rear wheel. Go with different rods, pistons, web or V2 cams with shower injectors, and expect close to 150 at the rear wheel. There is a guy that makes his own airboxes and tubes, and they are a lot less than Yoshimura gets...this will net you a couple extra ponies too... I got 121 hp on 89 pump gas with the injectors mapped rich in the midrange and top end. after a leaner map, and doing some dicking around, we managed 131 at the rear wheel...Hmmm I wonder if the Oxygenated Power Mist fuel had something to do with it? With regular O'l 93 octane, she'll pull 125hp all day long. Also once the bike gets moving the "Ram AIR" comes into play and will also add up to 9 more ponies... Nothing like hitting 7500 rpms, and the thing just hammers right into the Rev. limiter @ 10,500 RPM's

[Edited on 6/19/02 by TLRMan]

the first tls

i read she was a tank slaper hairy ride ?

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

i admit it i allways liked um

aint rode 1 yet hint hint

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

Oreo.... on a TLR????

hey there oreo, bobby d's in warwick, ri has a purtty liddle yeller superhawk, don't know what theyre askin but can't be that much

Oreo.... on a TLR????

i dont think i could get the superhawk. a friend of mine just wrecked one and then bought another one. he has enough of an ego as it is, i dont need the shit i would get by buying the same damn bike. but to be fair i plan on borrowing his one day so i can compare against the suzuki twins and make a *fair* decision.

Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

Oreo.... on a TLR????

The Chicken's suspension is a little Spaghetti-Like at speed too. They have the swing arm pivot in the engine case like the Ducati, but they didn't get it right!

Doesn't "feel" as tight as the TL ....

Oreo.... on a TLR????

I owned a Superhawk before I got my TL-R. Need I say more? I was never very happy with the Honda. Yeah, I was psyched in the beginning, but I think that had more to do with the deal I got on it...

The TL's (R's & S's) are far more stable at ANY speed. Yeah, the Honda's definitely flickable, but I never felt comfy tossing it around. It always felt to me like the thing was just getting ready to fold in half. It does have more comfy ergo's that the TL-R, but the TL-R's seat is TONS more comfortable. For some reason, on anything over 100 miles, my legs would get cramped on the Honda. You'd think it'd be the other way around, but that wasn't the case...

The TL (to me) is way more fun to ride than the Superhawk was. Again, it never really made me feel like I was having fun. To quote JC, the TL makes me feel 'like I've just assaulted a neighborhood'. The 'hawk just never did that for me. I could never get really excited about it...

Go with the 'zook if that's the route you're gonna take. You won't be let down...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?