Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Parking in Boston near the common

Parking in Boston near the common

Any ideas where to park around Boston Common? I'm not looking to park there every day. Just maybe once every weekend and once during the week day at most. I have a cover. Should I be using both or will they ticket me for that too?

what is the general law for motorcycle parking, and what do they let you do. I've thought about parking on a sidewalk at a non-busy area and covering it. Are the meter maids alowd to lift the cover up? Maybe I should get a cover alarm too but I don't want to piss anyone off either.

Thanks

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

Current: 2016 S1000XR. Past: S1000R, Streefighter S, Monter S2R1000, RC51, CBR600

Re: Parking in Boston near the common

You can park on Boylston at one of the motorcycle spots for 25 cents an hour, no time limit.

You cant park on the sidewalk, you'll get a ticket, you cant angle park your bike in a spot, you'll get a ticket, you cant park more than one in a car spot, you'll get a ticket. Meter maids arent supposed to lift covers, but they do and you get tickets.

Lifer

I've always parked my bike at the bike racks where my car parking is.. its in a little cubby hole, I'll see if I can google map it for you:
    https://maps.google.com/maps?q=park+...18.57,,0,22.33

It's pretty cool, you can see scooters and motorcycles there on the google picture

Out of 7, only 1 is a bicycle lol. I know where that is. Pretty convenient. Ever have a problem?

Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

Current: 2016 S1000XR. Past: S1000R, Streefighter S, Monter S2R1000, RC51, CBR600

Lifer

Never... although I haven't driven a motorcycle in the past year and a half.. still, there are always plenty. I notice that the big winds knock over the mopeds a lot. Still, I'm not sure if it's private property so BTD doesn't bother them? Either way, whenever I ride in I think to myself that there are always bikes nicer than mine, so I have even left mine there until midnight when I worked late and haven't had a problem. I don't even cover mine... and within one block of the commons.

Quote Originally Posted by rice_rocket View Post
    I've always parked my bike at the bike racks where my car parking is.. its in a little cubby hole, I'll see if I can google map it for you:
    https://maps.google.com/maps?q=park+...18.57,,0,22.33

It's pretty cool, you can see scooters and motorcycles there on the google picture
    I forgot about that place. I used to park there when I worked in the park plaza building. I never had a problem. I think the thing there is that the bike rack is technically on private property so the meter maids cant touch them.

Don't forget that resident parking is not enforced on the weekend so you can park in Back Bay. Although meters are enforced Sat 8-8